PDA

View Full Version : NEW Matra 3l V12 engines - by Nicholson-McLaren

Matra et Alpine
01-10-2013, 05:30 PM
At Autosport show today I spotted the Matra engine immediately , but not till I got close did I realise it was NOT an original - far too clean and not battle-scarred.

So a few questions to the guys on the stand and it turns out they were asked by a private owner of multiple Matra F1 and Le Mans sportscars to build new engines so the cars could relive the glory and sound of the original.

It LOOKS fantastic and on the stand they were showing a video of the engine development and testing. With headphones available if you asked so that you could turn the volume up and it DOES sound as good as the original , esp now that the originals aren't allowed to rev anywhere near their redlines !!

I negotiated (!) and hopefully will receive copies of the video clips and be able to share here and on the Matra Club meetings in the future.

If anyone is going to the NEC, then definately seek out the N-M stand and marvel at what money can achieve !! ( I asked .. and they refused to tell me how much each engine costs :) )

Brix
01-11-2013, 12:08 AM
Nice! :).

Wouter Melissen
01-11-2013, 12:16 AM
That does look fantastic. The owner they referred to has almost all privately owned Matra sports and F1 cars, and a Ligier-Matra for good measure.

Matra et Alpine
01-11-2013, 01:49 AM
:) yeah the Ligier pic was on the stand - sorry I always refer to them all as "Matra" regardless of whose name was on the chassis/team :)