PDA

View Full Version : Most of the 100 most beautiful cars have coke-bottle styling

Big time
02-04-2013, 07:10 PM
For coke-bottle styling the car is narrower at the center than at the ends. Preferably both when looked from the top and from the sides
Coke bottle styling - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As for the most beautiful cars of all time it depends on tastes but a nice compilation can be found here
GRMs Top 100 Most Beautiful Cars: Grassroots Motorsports forum: Grassroots Motorsports Magazine (http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/grm/grms-top-100-most-beautiful-cars/46270/page1/)
and here
The 100 most beautiful cars: 100-81 - Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/2751147/The-100-most-beautiful-cars-100-81.html)

So maybe coke-bottle styling is so appealing as it relates to living organisms?

Cobrafan427
02-05-2013, 11:21 AM
The list is definitely subjective bc i don't agree with most of it but i see a lot of variety and a little too much squared off american styling

Matra et Alpine
02-05-2013, 03:31 PM
Intriguing given "coke bottle" shaped cars were pre-dating classic coke bottle shape I'm not sure the point is coming from the right direction.
I'd say the classic lines we love in cars are because they have similar flow as the female form and from a time when men made all the choices :) NOT because of Coca-Cola :)

AND I'm sure the Coca-Cola bottle shape was a hit because it mirrored the ideal female body shape of the era ( the later 20s on coke bottles, not the original :) )

Ferrer
02-06-2013, 12:13 AM
I'd say the classic lines we love in cars are because they have similar flow as the female form and from a time when men made all the choices :) NOT because of Coca-Cola :)
Indeed.

The end. :)

Matra et Alpine
02-06-2013, 05:04 PM
Cheers Ferrer, so can we start posting pics of the female form and vote for which ones are legends ? :)

Ferrer
02-07-2013, 01:14 AM
Cheers Ferrer, so can we start posting pics of the female form and vote for which ones are legends ? :)
Please, do carry on. ;)

henk4
02-07-2013, 05:04 AM
Please, do carry on. ;)

out of the 100 most beautiful female shapes, 100 resembled the coke bottle. (And the working title of the famous film was: Et Dieu crea le Cokebottle, later changed into La Femme).