PDA

View Full Version : How to fake a virus..

DarkPhenix
06-05-2004, 05:40 AM
First, find a frequently used program on someone's computer (MS word works great ;) ) copy it, and then paste it in the same place. Cut the original one, and paste it in some place on the computer where no one will think to look. Go back to the copy one, and change the extension from a .exe to .txt, and then open it. You'll see a whole bunch of code. Scrool down to the part where it says, "This program must be run under Win32" or "This program can't be run in DOS mode." Change that phrase to "Your system has been infected. Please restart your computer" or something like that. Actually, you can type whatever you want there. Be creative . After you're done, save it, and change the extension back to a .exe. There ya go. ;)

deffenbaugh03
06-05-2004, 06:01 AM
Sounds cool, im gonna go try that right now

Sweeney921
06-05-2004, 09:52 AM
cant figure out how to change the extention on XP

Mustang
06-05-2004, 10:03 AM
First, find a frequently used program on someone's computer (MS word works great ;) ) copy it, and then paste it in the same place. Cut the original one, and paste it in some place on the computer where no one will think to look. Go back to the copy one, and change the extension from a .exe to .txt, and then open it. You'll see a whole bunch of code. Scrool down to the part where it says, "This program must be run under Win32" or "This program can't be run in DOS mode." Change that phrase to "Your system has been infected. Please restart your computer" or something like that. Actually, you can type whatever you want there. Be creative . After you're done, save it, and change the extension back to a .exe. There ya go. ;)

is that a proper virus though or is it just like HTMl, Java code that when you open something it is just the mesage that appears. does it actually do anyting to your system or not when you restart? :rolleyes:

DarkPhenix
06-05-2004, 10:05 AM
is that a proper virus though or is it just like HTMl, Java code that when you open something it is just the mesage that appears. does it actually do anyting to your system or not when you restart? :rolleyes:

that's a joke mustang! ;) Imagine the face of your friends when that message appear! They will think that that's a real virus..

Mustang
06-05-2004, 10:07 AM
that's a joke mustang! ;) Imagine the face of your friends when that message appear! They will think that that's a real virus..

thaught that was the case, would prob end up in a hospital appointment earlier than you were expecting though :)

SPHFerrari
06-05-2004, 01:08 PM
idn if i would try something like that. what if u messed up an somethin happened to the persons computer, then u just made a 1000 dollar mistake!

GT500
06-05-2004, 05:14 PM
Haha I faked a virus on starcraft. I was playing on the internet and saved the game as "Virus." Everyone on there persisted to scream at me for abotu 10 minutes literally very worried that their computers would blow up any second. When I said "lol it was just a joke" they went on to scold me. I left in the middle of some guy's lecture. :D