PDA

View Full Version : Lamborghini Veneno

LTSmash
03-04-2013, 08:29 AM
So, I've never been much of a fan of Lamborghini since they were bought out in the late 90's, but this takes the cake on the most-ridiculous list.

My god...

http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoramic/lamborghini-veneno-4-million-supercar-three-owners-leaks-005241756.html

http://jalopnik.com/more-photos-of-the-4-6-million-lamborghini-veneno-450899107

Ferrer
03-04-2013, 09:20 AM
This is very Lamborghini. Completely OTT, scoops, wings, massive V12 and so on and so forth. And yet I can't get to like it. I don't know why, but it's just a no this time, Lambo.

RacingManiac
03-04-2013, 11:20 AM
And yet I can't get to like it.

Is this even a surprise?:D

Fits the company, both the company(Lamborghini) and the company it keeps(Huayra, P1, new Enzo thing). With that context I think the look and the over the top nature is completely justifiable....Also considering how dramatic I think Aventador looks(relative to its Murcielago predecessor), the exclusive model needs to be that much more ridiculous...

demonrunning07
03-04-2013, 11:46 AM
I don't think I'll believe this is real until I see the production car sitting in front of me. This is awful. It's looks like the kind of rendering that you would see in the first section of Road & Track.

Sure, the Huayra, P1, new Enzo thing, and even the Aventador are all stupid and over-the-top but I feel like they all do so while being somewhat tasteful. There is nothing good to be said about this.

f6fhellcat13
03-04-2013, 11:48 AM
This is very Lamborghini. Completely OTT, scoops, wings, massive V12 and so on and so forth. And yet I can't get to like it. I don't know why, but it's just a no this time, Lambo.

Because it's ugly as hell?

This looks like the Countach if they'd skipped the initial good-looking years and gone immediately on to the horrible '80s ones. They've just tacked shit to any available surface.

Ferrer
03-04-2013, 12:11 PM
Fits the company, both the company(Lamborghini) and the company it keeps(Huayra, P1, new Enzo thing). With that context I think the look and the over the top nature is completely justifiable....Also considering how dramatic I think Aventador looks(relative to its Murcielago predecessor), the exclusive model needs to be that much more ridiculous...
I think that in this company... it's a bit... you know. What's the word? Ah yes, underpowered.

I mean only 750bhp?

Sledgehammer
03-04-2013, 03:01 PM
I think that in this company... it's a bit... you know. What's the word? Ah yes, underpowered.

I mean only 750bhp?

Thats because this car is aimed at the millionaire multiple personality disorder crowd. Understated and overstated. How old news of Lamborghini.

LTSmash
03-04-2013, 03:55 PM
Looks more like something that would come out of an aftermarket tuning shop (Gemballa, Hennessey, et al) than right out of the factory. I would have a hard time taking the owner of one of these seriously.

Looks as if the designers sat a bunch of 12 year old boys down and asked them to design a car... and then did just that.

Cobrafan427
03-04-2013, 04:45 PM
Looks as if the designers sat a bunch of 12 year old boys down and asked them to design a car

My thoughts exactly. Go Speed Racer!

NSXType-R
03-04-2013, 08:09 PM
Wow, this is a very cool looking car.

I didn't even notice that it has a shark fin tail.

On the other hand, washing and detailing this car must be a pain in the ass, with all those louvers and vents and stuff.

RacingManiac
03-04-2013, 08:49 PM
And the little holes on the wheels.....washing wheels with that much features is a PITA....:D

First world problem? I supposed for those who can afford this, they can hire some 3rd world workers to do the work.....

Kitdy
03-04-2013, 09:30 PM
Because it's ugly as hell?

This looks like the Countach if they'd skipped the initial good-looking years and gone immediately on to the horrible '80s ones. They've just tacked shit to any available surface.

Stop hating on the QV 5000!!! I never cared for the folded paper Countachi... Hate on haters!

And the little holes on the wheels.....washing wheels with that much features is a PITA....:D

First world problem? I supposed for those who can afford this, they can hire some 3rd world workers to do the work.....

1st world workers can clean this man. In fact, you can easily afford to wash this car with the blood of sacrificed 1st world virgins if you can buy it.

Yeah. So it has an auto, that is funny. It also isn't terribly light, which is really funny. Nice detail on the engine mass W, how did you get that? 520 lbs and 740 hp... Hmm. It is AWD, which I get, but weird.

I actually think it is for realz underpowered. And that is madness. 850+ is what something this mad should have - NA of course.

It looks silly. I think the idea of a crazy jet space fighter/Caparo T1/Red Bull X1/Sesto Elementoesque limited run Lamborghini could have been much cooler, but it needed to be lighter, more extreme, RWD, DSG, more powerful, less visually fat, and much less organically styled and instead more sharply creased.

It's cool that this exists and I was shocked to see the news, but I don't like the look. I wish I did!

Sledgehammer
03-04-2013, 09:38 PM
Wow, this is a very cool looking car.

I didn't even notice that it has a shark fin tail.

...the Veneno was designed to come as close as possible to a Le Mans-quality race car

Yup, fins and all. Although, this is the first Lamborghini that comes to mind with a fin.

03-04-2013, 10:53 PM
It doesn't look bad from that top down view, just from every other view...

LTSmash
03-04-2013, 11:43 PM
It better come with a flux capacitor.

Ferrer
03-05-2013, 12:15 AM
Stop hating on the QV 5000!!! I never cared for the folded paper Countachi... Hate on haters!
Ah the Countach... those were the days. I hope that this, to follow tradition, is impossible to drive and actively tries to kill its dirver in a number of imaginative and creative ways.

1st world workers can clean this man. In fact, you can easily afford to wash this car with the blood of sacrificed 1st world virgins if you can buy it.
1st world workers will work (sorry for the redundancy) on anything these days and for very cheap.

If we are in the 1st world still, that is...

It better come with a flux capacitor.
It also needs lasers and missiles.

crisis
03-05-2013, 03:33 AM
I've loved everything they have done for years but this.... Too far.....

pimento
03-05-2013, 05:11 AM
Welp, at least two of the Top Gear boys will be happy. I'll take my lusting elsewhere. Clearly all the holes are missile/machine gun ports.

PRC777
03-05-2013, 11:19 AM
$4 million and some change and it can't even go below 2.5 seconds...