PDA

View Full Version : ma 'burban

mawi427
06-06-2004, 03:57 PM
i get my liscence on oct 2 this year :D :D :D :D :D x2098571314i128341... and when i finally do get it this is the beast that i will be rumbling around milwaukee in...(i cant put pics of my own up but this is the same model and year) mine is dark blue with a little rust on the rear quarterpanel. its a GMC suburban with chevy rear doors because the old ones broke....also the new doors dont fit very well so they make it sound like there is a very pissed off racoon/squirrel sitting in your back seat yelling at u :mad: :mad: :mad:

bk4uyeah
06-06-2004, 07:44 PM
I vote it the best American car ever made :rolleyes:

Mustang
06-07-2004, 12:26 PM
holy shit that is huge when british people are old enough to drive (17 ) this is what they drive around in

http://www.baotic.hr/SLIKE/ford%20fiesta%20n%20v.jpg

http://www.autotoivonen.fi/suomi/uudetautot/kuvagalleria/opel_images/corsa.JPG

oh dear what have we come too??/ :( we cant even get a decent first car :(

Matra et Alpine
06-07-2004, 02:15 PM
MINI !!

Not the BMW rubbish - a real one :)

If you really want something like a 'burban then there are plenty of Land Rover 110 LWBs around , real cheap.

GT500
06-07-2004, 02:19 PM
MINI !!

Not the BMW rubbish - a real one :)

Good man. :p

That Suburban looks pretty nice, just a bit beat up looking here and there, but not too shabby. Is it reliable? Will it break down? Imo, those are the questions.

mawi427
06-07-2004, 03:06 PM
Good man. :p

That Suburban looks pretty nice, just a bit beat up looking here and there, but not too shabby. Is it reliable? Will it break down? Imo, those are the questions.
my family has had it since 1992 and drivin all around the country and up to our cabin in northern wisconsin many times. we take it out in the forest and beat it up pretty bad each time but have never had problems in any aspect of the car. my dad swears by bmw sedans for the cars at his office because of their longevity and would not change this ethic for our suv. (obviously it is not as well crafted as modern german luxury sedans but i would choose my 1989 suburban over any '01-'04 suburban or yukon xl model because there simply arent as many things to go wrong :D )

Egg Nog
06-07-2004, 04:52 PM
holy shit that is huge when british people are old enough to drive (17 ) this is what they drive around in

I'll bet you two will be paying around the same total amount for every year... I'll bet he thinks gas prices bad... I'm a firm believer that North Americans bitch too much, especially about fuel prices. Mawi427, that wasn't directed at you... I just went off on a tangent :)

mawi427
06-07-2004, 05:01 PM
I'll bet you two will be paying around the same total amount for every year... I'll bet he thinks gas prices bad... I'm a firm believer that North Americans bitch too much, especially about fuel prices. Mawi427, that wasn't directed at you... I just went off on a tangent :)

i completely agree with your statement about americans and fuel prices. i was in italy last year and the prices for gas are ridiculously higher than in the states. yet everytime the gas hits $2.00+ per gallon its on the national news and people are talking about how they have to cancel all of their vacations etc. obviously this statement is not true of every american but i think the media overreacts and goes on blaming-sprees every time that gas prices rise.

GT500
06-07-2004, 10:10 PM
in London i believe it's somewhat 6.00 USD for a gallon of unleaded regular. :eek:

2002GMCYukon
06-08-2004, 03:28 PM
sweet ride that is definatly one of the most annoying sounds ive heard while driving in a car tho...LMAO :D