PDA

View Full Version : help plz

KOT
06-08-2004, 11:06 AM
does any1 kno y would your 0-60 time suddenly increase?? I got the spining wheel thing for my beemer, and suddenly my 0-60 time just decreased, cars like hondas beat me off a light :mad: that really pissin me off. why?? :confused:

Matra et Alpine
06-08-2004, 11:19 AM
does any1 kno y would your 0-60 time suddenly increase?? I got the spining wheel thing for my beemer, and suddenly my 0-60 time just decreased, cars like hondas beat me off a light :mad: that really pissin me off. why?? :confused:
Spinning wheel thing ? Do you want to explain.

oh and while you're doing that, the tradition here at UCP has a thing called the "Egg-Nog UCP Onwership Challenge" -- http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2584&highlight=ownership+challenge

So post the pic of your car and you'll find lots of helpful folks here at UCP :)

byronleehk
06-08-2004, 11:30 AM
Maybe he was talking about the 'spinner' rims :confused:

UK CARS
06-08-2004, 11:42 AM
i dont quite know what you mean weather your getting wheel spin, or youve just purchased some spinners ( bling bling rims ) but if your cars 0-60 time is decreasing have you consided putting weight on? :p

megotmea7
06-08-2004, 03:08 PM
he's most likely talking about spinners(rims that have a mounted spinner for the bling factor) the reason your car is slower is you just added more weight to your wheels and farther away from the axle(most likly went with 18-21 inchers) increasing rotational inertia and requiring more power to move. also decreasing your braking effectivness and gas mileage. if your looking for speed you should revise you wheel selection to some lightweight forged peices... or just go back to stock

Coventrysucks
06-08-2004, 03:23 PM
If you have increased the diameter of your wheels, they will take longer to make a single rotation, therefore increasing the time it takes to accelerate the car.

Also you have probably added to the unsprung weight, which means that the wheel requires more effort to gain momentum. :)

DiabloVT
06-08-2004, 10:48 PM
bam! well done you car buffs :D
you may think u look cool, but the only cool cars i know are the ones u never get to see the front of ;)

Egg Nog
06-08-2004, 10:56 PM
Yeah, I sure hope you didn't mount spinners on your car and hope to get a performance gain...

1) There's more total weight on your car = less acceleration
2) There's far more rotational weight = significantly less acceleration
3) Larger diameter wheels = significantly less acceleration

4) Spinning chrome wheels... = more "bling", I suppose?

KOT
06-09-2004, 10:09 AM
ya, rims dude. what else?

KOT
06-09-2004, 10:15 AM
Yeah, I sure hope you didn't mount spinners on your car and hope to get a performance gain...

1) There's more total weight on your car = less acceleration
2) There's far more rotational weight = significantly less acceleration
3) Larger diameter wheels = significantly less acceleration

4) Spinning chrome wheels... = more "bling", I suppose?

well ya dude, not to gain performance. it's just tight dude. more "pimp" as some ppl say

megotmea7
06-09-2004, 01:51 PM
or as i say "a useless waste of metal, ball bearings, and money..." :rolleyes:

KnifeEdge_2K1
06-09-2004, 02:34 PM
spinning rims are full of usefulness what are u talkin about, u can grate ur cheese on it, stick ur friend's face up to it cuz he said seinfield sucked, attach a wooden stick and a shoe so u can kick ur own ass for buying totally useless things for ur car :D

Egg Nog
06-09-2004, 04:46 PM
ya, rims dude. what else?

Did you expect the performance related to anything else to change when you installed only rims? Well... I guess your braking distances will be decreased quite a bit... what else? ;)

thinker
06-09-2004, 04:54 PM
well obviously ur performance will decrease in some way since theres more weight that ur car is pulling...but if u got spinners what the hells the point in performance?...just roll down the streets nice and slow, then stop!! and let em keep spinnin baby!

KnifeEdge_2K1
06-09-2004, 06:27 PM
if u loose some weight somewhere else on the drivetrain it will lessen the effect, but why dont u do that and just use forged wheels instead of those "spinners", if u want performance then ur gonna have to sacrifice something, oh btw what bmw do u have?

KOT
06-15-2004, 11:51 PM
if u loose some weight somewhere else on the drivetrain it will lessen the effect, but why dont u do that and just use forged wheels instead of those "spinners", if u want performance then ur gonna have to sacrifice something, oh btw what bmw do u have?

ok... ty, I just got scared that it might be some problem with the engine or what ever. some screw up during the installation. maybe some thing could be removed, but I did not really check it out too much. and its a 5 since u asked.