PDA

View Full Version : Kazaa Info

Niko_Fx
06-09-2004, 06:21 PM
Hi guys, I'm sorry to make a thread about this but is just that I cannot find the right info anywhere and you might be able to help me.

What happened with the whole kazaa deal??

Can I download music from Kazaa legally and free??

Or do I have to pay a big fine because bands like Metallica who are so "poor" complain about the whole thing??

Need some info...

BTW I'm talking about downloading music in the USA, cause in some countries like mine (Vzla) Laws don't apply to anything.... sad/funny

-Niko

ZerK
06-09-2004, 11:45 PM
Kazaa Media Desktop is the latest version. A mate told me it installs spyware and stuff, and I'm pretty certain he's right. Lots of lovely popups too. SInce I re-installed it to grab a few AC/DC song my whole PC's gone dodgy. I think it needs completely reformatting :(

UK CARS
06-09-2004, 11:46 PM
niko,

you can download it for free, and use it for free.
Becarful though with your ip address and less people are using it now.
There are other good ones here

list (http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/download/)

go down the list, win mx is another good one :)

download anything, vids, mp3, images..... ;)

oh and yes it does install spyware, thats how it makes its money

dydzi
06-10-2004, 01:00 AM
there are other applications that are better than kazaa, for expample bear share, direct connect.....

cp01ae
06-10-2004, 04:30 AM
I suggest getting Kazaa Lite, its the same as regular kazaa but without the pop-ups or spyware. just do a search for it.

deffenbaugh03
06-10-2004, 04:40 AM
LimeWire is what i use and it works well for me

Niko_Fx
06-10-2004, 04:41 AM
Thanks for all your replies :)

Yeah I had Kazaa Lite... And out of all the programs to download music that I've had (Napster, Kazaa, Imesh, Morpheus, Win Mx, etc) Kazaa Lite has been the best one.

Are you positive that with Kazaa lite or Win Mx I won't have any problems here?

NoOne
06-10-2004, 05:27 AM
Should be no problems, I've been using kazaalite for about 2 years, but to be honest I liked the "old" morpheous format the best. :)

You don't expect the RIAA to kick down your door and drag you away in the middle of the night do you? :D

Gnafu the Great
06-10-2004, 06:56 AM
I use BitTorrent. SuprNova (http://www.suprnova.org/) usually has what I'm looking for. They've got full albums and such if you're looking for music. Another great thing about Torrents: you can probably find what you're looking for by searching Google for "[what you're looking for] Torrent." There are lots of different BT clients out there. I use the official one (http://bitconjurer.org/BitTorrent/), but there are better ones out where you can limit your upload speeds and such.

Quiggs
06-10-2004, 07:15 AM
If I recall, the new KLite is a pay service. When I reformatted a few weeks ago, it took me a few days to find an old version. www.oldversion.com has just about every free version they made. Screw the system. :D

byronleehk
06-10-2004, 09:51 AM
I have KazaaLite but don't use it much. Yeah I'm afraid of the RIAA...I'm a coward :p

cp01ae
06-10-2004, 11:43 AM
I've had KLite for a while now and never had a problem, I wouldn't worry too much about the RIAA, they won't find you ;)

Matt
06-10-2004, 11:45 AM
Legally, you can download as much music as you want. There is no law against downloading the music. Where you get in trouble is if you turn around and share that music to other people. Downloading is legal, sharing or providing it for other people to download is illegal.

Niko_Fx
06-10-2004, 12:10 PM
Legally, you can download as much music as you want. There is no law against downloading the music. Where you get in trouble is if you turn around and share that music to other people. Downloading is legal, sharing or providing it for other people to download is illegal.

I heard that they started looking for people who was sharing 1000+ files... That's why I try to keep my shared folder empty. Thanks for the info.

If I recall, the new KLite is a pay service. When I reformatted a few weeks ago, it took me a few days to find an old version. www.oldversion.com has just about every free version they made. Screw the system.

Ok thanks, I'm gonna try that link right now :)

Should be no problems, I've been using kazaalite for about 2 years, but to be honest I liked the "old" morpheous format the best.

I never liked Morpheus much... Well never got to use it a lot.

You don't expect the RIAA to kick down your door and drag you away in the middle of the night do you?

Just making sure!!! You should never mess with the law in this country! :)

Nah, I don't expect that, but if they come I'll just show them were my brother sleeps cause I know they will be looking for him ;)

I've had KLite for a while now and never had a problem, I wouldn't worry too much about the RIAA, they won't find you

Ok, thanks :)

I have KazaaLite but don't use it much. Yeah I'm afraid of the RIAA...I'm a coward

Just keep in mind Matt's info :)

Thanks everybody.

whitesmoke23
06-10-2004, 12:37 PM
I recommend u get Kazaa lite like someone else said. No spyware and other crap. Just make sure u go to options and traffic and turn off sharing. u can find it better if u go to msn search and look for it but kazaa.times.lv u can just download it there. :)

Red line
06-10-2004, 02:38 PM

That is EVERY bit true. My dad is not a lawyer but has represented himself in court many times in business lawsuits and knows much about law in the U.S. and also believes that the sharing of the files is illegal when i asked him. Thats why I turned sharing off on my Klite which ive been using for about 2 years and i download about 5 songs a day! :D

byronleehk
06-10-2004, 03:49 PM
turned sharing off ... good idea...I'll give that a try too ;)

NAZCA C2
06-10-2004, 05:15 PM
u can download muzic for free with kazaa. i don't think you have to worry about getting in any trouble with the law. only problem with kazaa is it installs all kind of junk on your cpu (pop ups and stuff).

Niko_Fx
06-10-2004, 05:20 PM
I downloaded Kazaa Lite from the link that Quiggs posted and is working perfectly. I honestly don't make many downloads, but I'm kind of tired of having to ask ppl to do it for me and send them through msn messenger.

foto_choppa
06-11-2004, 12:14 AM
Downlo@d is just the best, games, files, applications, music, blah blah-the list goes on and NO SPYWARE!!!!!!! :D

werty
06-11-2004, 02:16 PM

yeah its legal to download cause they can't find you only stop the download. but if you share and upload songs then they can see your url and then your screwed. So remember to not share on Kazaa. And if they stop your downloads, just try it again and eventually they will give up and give it to you. How do i know this is true? My friend has been on Kazaa forvever and hasn't shared yet and he has downloaded and saved over 6,000 songs on his PC :eek: :cool:

Matt
06-11-2004, 02:34 PM
yeah its legal to download cause they can't find you only stop the download. but if you share and upload songs then they can see your url and then your screwed. So remember to not share on Kazaa. And if they stop your downloads, just try it again and eventually they will give up and give it to you. How do i know this is true? My friend has been on Kazaa forvever and hasn't shared yet and he has downloaded and saved over 6,000 songs on his PC :eek: :cool:

It has nothing to do with the fact that they can't find you if you download. It has to do with the fact that the law explicity says it is legal to receive pirated music, but not legal to create/distribute it.

VtecMini
06-11-2004, 04:00 PM
So remember to not share on Kazaa. And if they stop your downloads, just try it again and eventually they will give up and give it to you. How do i know this is true? My friend has been on Kazaa forvever and hasn't shared yet and he has downloaded and saved over 6,000 songs on his PC

True enough, but the whole point of P2P is that it's a symbiotic community, you share with me, I share with you. If there wasn't anyone sharing, there wouldn't be anything to download.

I share all my stuff, with the exception of ripped CDs, cos that's asking for trouble. Most of the stuff I download is from obscure bands when I can't find the CD for sale.
I often use kazaa lite to download an album before I buy it, on more than one occasion I've bought CDs that I would not have bought had I not downloaded the songs out of curiosity.

SlickHolden
06-12-2004, 08:37 AM
What you need is kazaa lite resurection no spyware turn share off if you want and still have 1000 particpation level

http://filesharingplace.com/p2pclients.php