PDA

View Full Version : 6 Hours of the Glen

Cobrafan427
07-15-2014, 08:33 AM
Noticed the picture of the day was the Viper in it's new livery for the second time so, since i went to the 6 hour race at Watkins Glen, i'll post some of the pictures i took while i was there. The quality is terrible but it's better than nothing!

Cobrafan427
07-15-2014, 08:43 AM
Post #2

Cobrafan427
07-15-2014, 08:45 AM
Post #3

NSXType-R
07-16-2014, 06:57 PM
Really cool! I'd love to go to one of these races.

The Viper is one of the prettiest new cars, I just wish they were able to sell more of them.

Shame, it really is the most affordable V10 sports car.

Ferrer
07-16-2014, 10:59 PM
Well, it's almost the only sportscar (car?) with a V10 currently on sale.

NSXType-R
07-17-2014, 04:52 AM
How about the Audi R8 V10 Plus or the Lamborghini Huracan?

Both are not cheap. And I guess if you want a V10 now, get a Ford E series van.

Ford E-Series - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_E-Series)

I wonder if Mr. Shelby would object if you stuck that in a Cobra...

Cobrafan427
07-17-2014, 06:48 AM
Really cool! I'd love to go to one of these races.

It's the first one I've been to since Sebring in 2005 and I highly recommend it. You can go anywhere around the track and through the infield, the garage/haulers aren't even off limits. The first time the Ganassi car wrecked, we made our way back to their hauler and watched them repair it, Scott Pruett and Sage Karam literally brushed my shoulder as they walked past.

The sound is also phenomenal. Believe it or not, the Porsche GT Americas were the loudest cars out there. They were ear piercing as well as the Aston V12. The Corvette DPs were also impressive, they were loud and you could feel them in your chest when they went by.

Re-enforce the chassis and drivetrain for the weight and torque and I bet he'd give it a shot! :D

Ferrer
07-17-2014, 01:24 PM
How about the Audi R8 V10 Plus or the Lamborghini Huracan?

Both are not cheap. And I guess if you want a V10 now, get a Ford E series van.

Ford E-Series - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_E-Series)

Oh certainly there's the Lamborgaudi, but nothing else AFAIK.

Hasn't the E-Series been discontinued already and replaced by the Transit?

f6fhellcat13
07-17-2014, 04:17 PM
Sadly, yes to normal people, anyways. I believe commercial versions are still sold. It was the only V10 vehicle I lusted after.

EDIT: This E-Series chassis w/ V10 looks fun:
http://www.ford.com/ngbs-services/resources/ford/strippedchassis/2014/highlights/csc14_highlight_lg_e450.jpg

Kitdy
07-17-2014, 06:05 PM
It's the first one I've been to since Sebring in 2005 and I highly recommend it. You can go anywhere around the track and through the infield, the garage/haulers aren't even off limits. The first time the Ganassi car wrecked, we made our way back to their hauler and watched them repair it, Scott Pruett and Sage Karam literally brushed my shoulder as they walked past.

The sound is also phenomenal. Believe it or not, the Porsche GT Americas were the loudest cars out there. They were ear piercing as well as the Aston V12. The Corvette DPs were also impressive, they were loud and you could feel them in your chest when they went by.

Re-enforce the chassis and drivetrain for the weight and torque and I bet he'd give it a shot! :D

I find most of the cars far too quiet. TBH, the sound most make isn't even that nice. I also really want to smell high octane gasoline, not methanol.

pimento
07-17-2014, 10:25 PM
A V10 petrol commercial van.. only in America.

Cobrafan427
07-18-2014, 07:58 AM
I find most of the cars far too quiet. TBH, the sound most make isn't even that nice. I also really want to smell high octane gasoline, not methanol.

I think there's a good balance between loud cars and quieter cars, with that many cars on track and for a longer race like that, it's nice to give your ears a break (i didn't take ear plugs) for a couple seconds or so. And I agree with the smell, vintage races are your best route when you want to smell raw power. With the new cars, you get to smell mostly hot rubber.

jimclark
03-09-2016, 06:33 PM
That viper is very nice. Also nice to see an Audi as well. Those German cars are pretty damn quick. Thanks for the pics.

You realize you're responding to posts from 2 years ago.....

Here you go...a bit more recent...last week testing at Sebring for next week's 12 hours.... :cool: