PDA

View Full Version : Vettel and Alonso to switch places?

Wouter Melissen
09-16-2014, 07:33 AM
Reports in Italy suggest that Vettel will be announced as a Ferrari driver for 2015 today. Alonso is then due to take the opposite route.

Ferrer
09-19-2014, 09:59 AM
Mmm, I would say it's unlikely... however Santander Bank sponsoring both Ferrari and McLaren...? Who knows.

Wouter Melissen
10-03-2014, 09:39 PM
Red Bull Racing has just announced Vettel will not be driving for the team in 2015. His place will be taken by Daniel Kviat. No announcement yet on where Vettel is heading but it seems he is Ferrari bound with Alonso returning to McLaren.

Ferrer
10-04-2014, 04:44 AM
Some rumours also say Alonso could end up at Mercedes if Hamilton leaves the team.

Why would Hamilton want to leave the team at all, though?

Kitdy
10-04-2014, 10:05 AM
He feels the board prefers a German over a Brit?

pimento
10-04-2014, 07:13 PM
He feels the board prefers a German over a Brit?

Alonso is Spanish..

No reason for MC Hambone to leave Merc, unless he's tired of being woken by Lauda's face millimetres from his in the middle of the night after he fails to score.

NSXType-R
12-10-2014, 06:25 PM
Well Button is at McLaren!

Yay!

BBC Sport - Jenson Button secures McLaren seat alongside Fernando Alonso (http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/formula1/30328327)

All is good.

Kitdy
12-10-2014, 11:08 PM
I woulda picked Magnussen. He is much younger and has a more promising future; Button's best days are past him and I don't see him keeping up with Alonso.

pimento
12-11-2014, 06:14 AM
Button is probably the best guy to have in an unproven car with an unproven engine. Though Alonso will be the second best guy. Money is on Button being there a year to basically spearhead development, and Alonso to hang around to reap the benefits.

Wouter Melissen
12-11-2014, 06:19 AM
Button has been signed for two seasons!

Kitdy
12-11-2014, 10:53 AM
Button is probably the best guy to have in an unproven car with an unproven engine. Though Alonso will be the second best guy. Money is on Button being there a year to basically spearhead development, and Alonso to hang around to reap the benefits.

Yeah I can see that. Do you, or anyone see him as challenging for a WC though, especially with Alonso in the seat beside him?

Maybe Magnussen can be kept around in McLaren's picture though for the next 1-3 years.

Ferrer
12-11-2014, 01:56 PM
I agree with that entirely, and I think McLaren took the right decision.

There's also a rumour that Alonso, Magnussen and Hulkenberg will be on the third works 919 for the 2015 Le Mans 24h...

NSXType-R
12-11-2014, 02:37 PM
I woulda picked Magnussen. He is much younger and has a more promising future; Button's best days are past him and I don't see him keeping up with Alonso.

I think Button has potential, he just has been having bad luck. Sort of like David Coulthard, just younger.

Wouter Melissen
12-12-2014, 02:45 AM
There's also a rumour that Alonso, Magnussen and Hulkenberg will be on the third works 919 for the 2015 Le Mans 24h...

I highly doubt McLaren would allow their drivers to race for a direct rival of their road car business.

Ferrer
12-13-2014, 10:10 AM
I highly doubt McLaren would allow their drivers to race for a direct rival of their road car business.
Apparently Alonso wanted a clause in his contract which allows him to drive Porsche at Le Mans, if his schedule allows.

PaulCall
09-18-2017, 03:16 AM
Apparently Alonso wanted a clause in his contract which allows him to drive Porsche at Le Mans, if his schedule allows.

Is there a resource? :confused: