PDA

View Full Version : Ferrari Enzo found abandoned!!!!!!!!

DarkPhenix
06-12-2004, 05:40 AM
yes, exactly.... an enzo was found on the side of the road in iceland, abandoned after the owner had fried the clutch. Being from ICELAND, 10 police quickly rusehed to the scene.... And now, where is the guy? :mad: :p

Full story:

Car:
2003 Ferrari Enzo
Description:
Owner fried the clutch on this $650,000 car while driving in the middle of nowhere. He abandoned the car with the doors unlocked. A passerby saw the car and noticed that no one was nearby so he called the police. Since it is very rare to see an Enzo in Iceland, 10 policemen arrived at the scene.

Link:
http://www.wreckedexotics.com/newphotos/exotics/enzo_20040601_001.shtml

http://www.realcartips.com/wreckedexotics/update/enzo_20040601_001.jpg

foto_choppa
06-12-2004, 05:42 AM
WTF!!!! wat a dumass!!!!!! :D

bk4uyeah
06-12-2004, 08:08 AM
for some reason, i dont quite believe it

Coventrysucks
06-12-2004, 08:29 AM
It seems feasable to me.

If the crappy Fiat clutch is fried, you don't need to lock it - its not as if anyone can drive it away, and if you are rich enough to afford a Ferrari, you are rich enough to replace anything left in the car.

He probably went off to find a phone or get one of those nice whole sheep heads to eat.

cp01ae
06-12-2004, 09:12 AM
Note the Gumball 3000 decals on the side...

lithuanianmafia
06-12-2004, 10:04 AM
so, THATS where my car is. hey mr iceland cop, u can just deliver back to my place :D

Shinobi
06-12-2004, 11:44 AM
I thought all Enzo's had the clutchless paddle shift system? How did he fry the clutch??

Matt
06-12-2004, 11:46 AM
I thought all Enzo's had the clutchless paddle shift system? How did he fry the clutch??
There's still a clutch - it's just automatic.

werty
06-12-2004, 12:50 PM
wow, if i saw an empty unlocked Ferrari enzo in the middle of now where i would go back to town buy a trailer come back and steal it, and hold it ransom for 2 million dollars than once i recieved the ransom i would buy a working enzo and make the wrecked enzo owner pay for the trailer i bought :p

no but seriously i would at least keep it for a few days :p

werty
06-12-2004, 12:54 PM
he probably fried it whe he decided he was a good enough driver to do 0-60 in 3 seconds, then he realized he sucks

cuntukimushroom
06-12-2004, 01:17 PM
now thats not how to treat an enzo

Egg Nog
06-12-2004, 02:34 PM
That's a shame... a new car shouldn't fail like that, no matter what the situation. I guess the really strange part is that he disappeared :)

UK CARS
06-12-2004, 02:54 PM
Its either my dead grandad or Aliens im telling you guys there spooky shit out there....i hope its ma grandad he will have took that to the limit i carnt wait to be a ghost.

Matra et Alpine
06-12-2004, 04:22 PM
wow, if i saw an empty unlocked Ferrari enzo in the middle of now where i would go back to town buy a trailer come back and steal it, and hold it ransom for 2 million dollars than once i recieved the ransom i would buy a working enzo and make the wrecked enzo owner pay for the trailer i bought :p

no but seriously i would at least keep it for a few days :p
Well Iceland is a small island.
You couldn't take it anywhere and with the limited number of roads it woul dbe hard to do anything with it.

Typical Nordic police attitude though...... hey fast car lets all go have a look.
I was at the launch of the Viper in Stockholm many years ago and in the evening there were lots of police round to look at the cars :)

foto_choppa
06-12-2004, 04:31 PM
Its either my dead grandad or Aliens im telling you guys there spooky shit out there....i hope its ma grandad he will have took that to the limit i carnt wait to be a ghost.
aliens eat turnips they do. and my candy :mad:

byronleehk
06-12-2004, 05:22 PM
If it was me who found it first, then I'll take tons of pictures including my name on the wheel so that I can pass Egg Nog's ownership test :p

johnnyperl
06-12-2004, 05:48 PM
i doubt it was the clutch considering the only way the driver could fry the clutch is if the computer screws up. it was likely the alternator, many have failed so far in the Enzo, i believe its a german part. in fact i have read two magazine reviews where it broke during their tests. still doesnt explain the unlocked doors, unless they only lock electrically.
Or he just ran out of fuel.
PS; the enzo at the auto show in stockholm(?) had gumball stickers and strange plates on the rear but english registration on the front, registration which matches the red Enzo in the pics of the gumball start in Paris. So i dont think this car went on the gumball.

PS#2; does europe have strict laws on the color of blinker lights? all the european enzos have orange blinkers (center of the outer lights) but the american versions have white blinkers that light up orange.

Coventrysucks
06-12-2004, 07:09 PM
PS#2; does europe have strict laws on the color of blinker lights? all the european enzos have orange blinkers (center of the outer lights) but the american versions have white blinkers that light up orange.

No. Well not in the UK at least.

There are no laws governing the colour of the indicator lens.
As long as the bulb visably flashes orange you're fine.

:)

johnnyperl
06-13-2004, 01:37 AM
No. Well not in the UK at least.

There are no laws governing the colour of the indicator lens.
As long as the bulb visably flashes orange you're fine.

:)
youre probably right, but the UK Enzos also have orange blinkers...

UK CARS
06-13-2004, 03:26 AM
another sad enzo story.........i was watchin pimp my ride and i saw an enzo in west coast garage....ready for some bling rims! NOOOOOoooooooohttp://smilies.jeeptalk.org/contrib/geno/licktear.gif

werty
06-13-2004, 09:33 AM
another sad enzo story.........i was watchin pimp my ride and i saw an enzo in west coast garage....ready for some bling rims! NOOOOOoooooooohttp://smilies.jeeptalk.org/contrib/geno/licktear.gif
i have pics of it somewhere in my enzo thread, it looks good, but the factory wheels already look the best in my opinion so i would never change them

and besides WEst coast customs, another company modified an enzo with black rims, and a sticker on the windshield