motorhead
06-24-2003, 11:28 AM
,ay i know who listens to metal here - and groups please

Spitfire
07-01-2003, 11:52 AM
Motorhead?

Homem de Gelo
07-01-2003, 12:36 PM
I listen to Black Sabbath frequently, and occasionaly to Metallica and Megadeth. But that's as heavy as I get.

DasModell
07-02-2003, 02:58 AM
I do .. form black to gothic. ... a little heavy .. a little industrial ...
Groups .. hmm .. Cradle of Filth .. My Dying Bride .. Children of Bodom .. Agathodaimon ... Negura Bunget ... Rammstein ... Type ) Negative .. Nightwish ... Therion ... Samael Haggard ... Kovenant ... etc samd

crisis
07-03-2003, 06:37 AM
I am a bit of an old fart but heres a oldies and newies.
Some are not exactly heavy but generally are classed as metal.
Scorpions
Saxon
Triumph
Tool
Rammstien
Blue Oyster Cult
System of a Down
Michael Schenker Group
UFO

piledriver
07-04-2003, 06:47 AM
I like from Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Metallica, to night wish, blind guardian, helloween, stratovarius....

motorhead
07-06-2003, 11:02 AM
pantera sepultura anyone???? - or pehaps a bit lighter - ACDC!!!!

DasModell
07-07-2003, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by motorhead
pantera sepultura anyone???? - or pehaps a bit lighter - ACDC!!!!

I used to listen Sepultura alot ... but with MAX gone .. only old albums .. BTW they were in Romania week or so ago ....

I listen to Pantera also .. I like I'm broken, Revolution is my name and a few more ... but i'm not really a trash and/or power guy ... :)

Millertime
07-07-2003, 06:41 PM
No.

Metal is for teh old fashioned, the new wave of rebels like m e prfr to listen to hep hop and reap.

DasModell
07-08-2003, 02:59 AM
Originally posted by Millertime
No.

Metal is for teh old fashioned, the new wave of rebels like m e prfr to listen to hep hop and reap.

indeed i'm old fashioned .... :) :)

motorhead
07-09-2003, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by DasModell
indeed i'm old fashioned .... :) :) me too - hate the new generation music - no offence though

crisis
07-10-2003, 01:04 AM
me too - hate the new generation music - no offence though

Im an old fart but how about Tool and Linkin Park.

DasModell
07-10-2003, 05:33 AM
i don't like Linking Park ... or POD ... blah..... :)

motorhead
07-10-2003, 06:53 AM
Originally posted by crisis
Im an old fart but how about Tool and Linkin Park. tool is light

DasModell
07-11-2003, 03:54 AM
I don't think Linkin Park .. ar the others is Metal :) :) :)

crisis
07-13-2003, 11:25 PM
I don't think Linkin Park .. ar the others is Metal :) :) :)
Ahh. the great debate. One mans metal is anothers soft core. Or thrash. What is the true definition of METAL?

Misho
07-15-2003, 07:05 PM
Rap / Hip Hop rulezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz !!

thats only in english songs though !!

motorhead
07-19-2003, 09:50 AM
I don't think Linkin Park .. ar the others is Metal :) :) :) linkin is the worst bullshit i have ever seen- honestly what the **** are they trying to prove - they invoke rap into metal they impose techno - electronica into metal - what the ****

crisis
08-15-2003, 01:01 AM
Whats wrong with experimenting with different concepts. If you dont experiment you stand still. It wont always work but usually someone will like it. I would say that I generally dont like most rap but it doesnt mean people shouldnt play it.

motorhead
08-15-2003, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by crisis
Whats wrong with experimenting with different concepts. If you dont experiment you stand still. It wont always work but usually someone will like it. I would say that I generally dont like most rap but it doesnt mean people shouldnt play it. their music sounds like crap - thats why

LEGALLYINSANE
08-16-2003, 03:22 PM
My favorite band is nINE iNCH nAILS. I've been listening to a lot of Killswitch Engage lately. I also listen to some techno, when I don't want loud music playing.

LEGALLYINSANE
08-16-2003, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Millertime
No.

Metal is for teh old fashioned, the new wave of rebels like m e prfr to listen to hep hop and reap. Metal is old fashoned?! Rap and Hip Hop is just as old as metal you moron.

crisis
08-17-2003, 06:33 AM
their music sounds like crap - thats why
To you.

ZeTurbo
12-08-2004, 10:03 PM
"new"
METALLICA
megadeath
rammstein
In Flames
sepultura
pantera
linkin park(yes LP, try listening to them live then tell me who is soft core!!!!! they are scene machines,I didint like them AT ALL, i saw them alst year at summer sanitarium,they were on before metallica,and after seeing them LIVE i realised they are not rapers but ROCKERS!!! they are quite good live... that guy sings his F***ing lungs out man!)
"old"
stratovarius
black sabath
IRON MAIDEN
scorpions
Nirvana

that said, there are other groups ecept metal that i love, pink floyd for example, or even the doors. as long as it is well done tastfull music. dont give any of that gitar scratching punkrock of today, that takes no talent at all...

but one thing though, i dont look like a metal ead, i never got the whole point of wearing ALL black and skull rings, i like the music not the style.

crisis
12-08-2004, 11:04 PM
that said, there are other groups ecept metal that i love, pink floyd for example, or even the doors. as long as it is well done tastfull music. dont give any of that gitar scratching punkrock of today, that takes no talent at all...

but one thing though, i dont look like a metal ead, i never got the whole point of wearing ALL black and skull rings, i like the music not the style.
Good points. I like some, metal, rock, jazz, classical, pop, some but not all. I find it strange when people say they only like this or that type or limit themselves to one type of a genre. Metal heads are the worst I think. The tough ones only like the real hard core. I was walking out after a Metallica concert and heard this primate braggng to his mat how he walked out of the concert when they played One. Not hard core enough. Or guys who say Metallica is not heavy etc. He who listens to the hardest fastest wins I suppose. Gets to Linkin Park I suppose. They seem to be a band that is cool to dislike. I like some of their music, not all.
And the style. Yep , there are some who live the music. Still metal is not theonly culprit here. C&W yeeha!

PsychoChimp22
12-08-2004, 11:07 PM
I do, i love metal.
motorhead is that you?!?!? its been awhile eh???

SlickHolden
12-09-2004, 03:35 AM
I'll listen to anything as long as the music is good, If it's got a good beat i'll listen,
I like Raminstien they dont sing english:D

Delmaster
12-09-2004, 04:28 AM
why do you all like Rammstein? They are famous and popular all over the world...... in Germany (we understand what they are singing about) everybody knows them, but not as many like them as in the rest of the world.......

SlickHolden
12-09-2004, 06:06 AM
Of cource they sing in bloody german:p:D
On XXX they sang bang bang that was a good dong:D
Funny thing is i can't speak german but i can sing the song lol:p

Blue Supra
12-09-2004, 06:40 AM
ACDC, Screaming Jets, Alice Cooper, Linkin Park, SOAD... more i forget:o

Mustang
12-09-2004, 06:51 AM
i dont really listen to any matal but id rather listen to it over hip hop and rap.

Remember you cant spell the work crap without the word rap :)

megotmea7
12-09-2004, 10:51 AM
who listens to metal
well after driving to work in the morning after i shut off my car it makes a tinging sound, does that cout? and my transmission whines...

Coventrysucks
12-09-2004, 11:19 AM
I often relax to a soothing piece of aluminium.

DasModell
12-09-2004, 12:01 PM
i always sleep listening metal :D

crisis
12-09-2004, 04:08 PM
why do you all like Rammstein? They are famous and popular all over the world...... in Germany (we understand what they are singing about) everybody knows them, but not as many like them as in the rest of the world.......
They have a great heavy sound. I saw them live and was nearly incinerated. :D
How is it that yesterday Im talking about heavy mettallers living their music and today I hear Dimebag from Pantera is killed on stage by some nut job fan. :(

taz_rocks_miami
12-09-2004, 04:57 PM
Good points. I like some, metal, rock, jazz, classical, pop, some but not all. I find it strange when people say they only like this or that type or limit themselves to one type of a genre. Metal heads are the worst I think. The tough ones only like the real hard core. I was walking out after a Metallica concert and heard this primate braggng to his mat how he walked out of the concert when they played One. Not hard core enough. Or guys who say Metallica is not heavy etc. He who listens to the hardest fastest wins I suppose. Gets to Linkin Park I suppose. They seem to be a band that is cool to dislike. I like some of their music, not all.
And the style. Yep , there are some who live the music. Still metal is not theonly culprit here. C&W yeeha!

I agree also, if I like a song or a group I'll listen to it. Like crisis I like " metal, rock,classical, pop, some but not all." The only music I can't stand is rap, country, salsa....yuck!!!

lithuanianmafia
12-09-2004, 05:47 PM
my fav metal bands:

Slipknot
Mushroomhead
Marilyn Manson
Metallica
Megadeath
Pantera (RIP Dimebag :()
Damageplan
Avenged Sevenfold
Lamb of God
Cradle of Filth
Black Sabbath
Disturbed

Esperante
12-09-2004, 05:48 PM
The only metal I really ever appreciated was the Led.