PDA

View Full Version : Shelby Daytona Coupe (99 CSX) Authentic Car?

Thegallerycars
05-28-2015, 07:57 AM
I filmed lovely cobras on the track but the truth is that I have only identified a Chassis: CSX2142 (645 CGT)
1963 AC Shelby Cobra Le Mans - Images, Specifications and Information (http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/car/2316/AC-Shelby-Cobra-Le-Mans.html)

I think in this championship are allowed only original cars then this shelby daytona that chassis for 99 CSX? I read voyazides driving and the car is registered as 1965 ..

1964 - 1965 AC Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe Chassis - Ultimatecarpage.com (http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/sn/2/AC-Shelby-Cobra-Daytona-Coupe.html)

It was a blue car and now this changed:confused:

Shelby Daytona Cobra Coupe Vs AC Shelby Cobras - LOUD SOUNDS! - YouTube

henk4
05-31-2015, 01:19 PM
I am pretty sure that the red coupe is a replica. and not CSX2299. Are you certain that Voyazides was driving it? The green one (111JX) is CSX2016. I have no number for the red one (RUI 4)

Thegallerycars
06-07-2015, 01:49 PM
I am pretty sure that the red coupe is a replica. and not CSX2299. Are you certain that Voyazides was driving it? The green one (111JX) is CSX2016. I have no number for the red one (RUI 4)

Thanks for reply! csx2016 1962 AC Shelby Cobra 289ci V8 sold to Ed Hamill! :D
yeah .. yeah! Leo and simon piloted this car! You can view the document at the following link

https://www.circuitcat.com/documentos/carreras/GentlemenDriversPre-66TouringCars_QualifyingPractice_BOOKLET_final.pdf

I think the replicas are not permitted in this competition. so I'm surprised you know this competition .... ¿? FIA Historic Gentlemen Drivers & Pre-66 Touring Cars

henk4
06-09-2015, 03:14 AM
I can now confirm that the red Daytona is a replica, although a very good one, built in the US.

Thegallerycars
06-09-2015, 03:19 AM
I can now confirm that the red Daytona is a replica, although a very good one, built in the US.

oh! what a pity ... I was hoping it was authentic .... you know who built it or have more details ¿? thx!

henk4
06-09-2015, 05:19 AM
oh! what a pity ... I was hoping it was authentic .... you know who built it or have more details ¿? thx!

it was built in a workshop about 20 miles away from the Shelby museum in Colorado, and they were allowed to look at the details of the museum car, so it is close to reality and it drives good too....
If you come to the Revival this year, all six real cars will be present and will perform demo laps. CSX2300 could last week be spotted during the Modena Trackdays. (see our report here)

Thegallerycars
06-09-2015, 05:52 AM
it was built in a workshop about 20 miles away from the Shelby museum in Colorado, and they were allowed to look at the details of the museum car, so it is close to reality and it drives good too....
If you come to the Revival this year, all six real cars will be present and will perform demo laps. CSX2300 could last week be spotted during the Modena Trackdays. (see our report here)
thanks for the info! I would love to see this daytona csx2300 in action!