PDA

View Full Version : F1 Technology: Chassis design, engine, etc.

Ferrari Tifosi
06-13-2004, 03:17 PM
A dicussion on the F1 chassis between Matra and myself led to the creation of this thread. Currently we are discussing the forces put on the chassis and how that effects the engine. So if you want to talk F1 technology and design here's the place to do it. :D

DasModell
06-13-2004, 04:05 PM
a good ideea is to get the posts related to this topic in here ..

Ferrari Tifosi
06-13-2004, 04:13 PM
Can I do this or does a Moderator have to do this?

DasModell
06-13-2004, 04:29 PM

Ferrari Tifosi
06-13-2004, 09:36 PM
Ok then, will a moderator please transfer those posts to this thread. I'd appreciate it.

KnifeEdge_2K1
06-13-2004, 10:51 PM
does the engine bolt onto the front chassis then the transmission at the back which is attached to the rear axle, if this is correct the transmission and engine are essentially part of the car's structure

also on a side not does neone know why the williams team changed their nose so radically? like instead of a point which leads back gradually increasing in width the nose starts off wide and then gradually shortens in width, i know it creates more airflow but doesnt it increase drag substantially?

henk4
06-14-2004, 02:15 AM
does the engine bolt onto the front chassis then the transmission at the back which is attached to the rear axle, if this is correct the transmission and engine are essentially part of the car's structure

This was essentially what made the Lotus49 so special, in that the Cosworth DFV became an integral part of the car.

pcgms
06-19-2004, 09:19 AM
I am looking for drawings and specs for F1 and Indy Racing League Cars and the their chassis and suspension layouts. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

NAZCA C2
06-19-2004, 06:15 PM
In almost all open wheel cars the engine and transmission are structural parts of the car. The only open wheel car I know of that does'nt use the engine/transmission as a structural member is the new Star Mazda cars.