PDA

View Full Version : corrolla brakes

KnifeEdge_2K1
06-13-2004, 08:36 PM
my sister drives a 99 corrolla right, and my bro who recently left canada to go back to hong kong left his 98 accord here, now my sister wants the accord but i know how she is with cars ... since the corrolla she has now is a pretty fine car i figure just keep it but she says the brakes are too dull, (ive driven it, they're so insensitive and slow), is there any solution to this aside from changing the rotors ? I want to inherit the accord so i have to find some way to fix her brakes by the end of the summer

im figure a new pair of brake pads would be a good start but if that doesnt work i might need to think of changing the rear drums to rotors or increasing rotor size or caliper size as well, since this would go under the catagory of major overhaul which = major bucks i really dont want to resort to that

megotmea7
06-14-2004, 02:03 AM
new pads, new brake fluid, and bleed the system. 3 things that wont cost alot but will help the most if your in a money pinch ;) and all can be done in your driveway provided you haave the right tools and the general car know-how :)

KnifeEdge_2K1
06-14-2004, 05:52 PM
and a lil elbow grease ;)