PDA

View Full Version : why isnt there any skyline in canada

bnr32
06-25-2003, 12:44 AM
I was just wonder how come Skylines arent here in canada. I just want to make sure the reason skyline arent in canada is just because of the steering wheel.

motorhead
06-25-2003, 01:16 AM
they are not allowed there like in america

Nildo
06-25-2003, 05:12 PM
The skline may not be in Canada for lots of reasons. Are you talking about the current model, or the new R35?
Reasons may include:
-does not meet safety standards (unlikely)
-does not meet emission standards (unlikely)
-Canadas policy on import tariffs on vehicles makes it too expensive for Nissan (likely)
-Nissan figures it isn't a big enough market (likely)

I think the R35 model will be out in canada by mid 2004

Supra-Devil
07-01-2003, 03:15 AM
hey y canada sky isnt in may contries lyk mine man it stincks

Nicademus
07-02-2003, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by motorhead
they are not allowed there like in america LOL

no car is "not allowed" in america. but there are emissions guidelines and required components that any imported car must have in order to be street legal in the US.

Read Nildo's reply.

MKielbasa
07-02-2003, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Nildo

-does not meet safety standards
-does not meet emission standards

There is a company that will import skylines from japan and do the requered modifications to them to make them street legal in the US and Canada, but a new one costs around 90 thousand USD.

It is mostly a safety thing. It isn't that the cars are unsafe per say, but more so that they have not been tested in North America. The testing alone costs a lot of money. There are also a few modifications to the bumpers and body which would need to be done to adhere to North American law. It has just never been worth it for nissan.

Nicademus
07-02-2003, 12:16 PM
http://www.topsecretjpn.com/aerokit/G35/skyline.html

Nash
07-03-2003, 03:54 AM
It was actually Nissan's choice not to bring the Skyline to North America. They figured the 300ZX was good enough.

Nicademus
07-03-2003, 06:35 AM
^^^ you don't read replies do you?

MKielbasa explained it perfectly

RacingManiac
07-07-2003, 06:39 PM
Skyline or Skyline GTR? Big difference. As far as Skyline goes, Nissan already brought them over in the form of Infiniti G35. GTR model, its a matter of time since the newest generation of Skyline does not have a GTR model yet, it will be difficult to have in any part of the world.

As far as the older cars goes, Nissan Skyline line of cars were never really officially exported outside of Japan, they are available in some right hand side country as grey market import much like in the states or Canada, but it is more likely to get them in those other country because there are less to deal with. And that's with the entire line of Skyline(which much like the 3 series, you can get the plain 4 door nothing special sedan, to the sporty GTR model...)