PDA

View Full Version : Moto GP Championship heating up

Ferrari Tifosi
06-13-2004, 09:46 PM
With two straight wins for Rossi, he has closed the gap from Gibernau to 5 points. Today Rossi won at Catalunya, on Gibernau's home turf. Also Biaggi can't be counted out yet, he's only 26 points down. The rest of the championship should be very interesting.

DasModell
06-14-2004, 01:27 AM
it's gonna be a rossi vs Gibernau .. Biaggi seems not able to challenge those two .. and rossi's performance in the last two GP, honda tracks is quite unbelivable .. good to see Melandri on the Podium . and Xaus also doing well

Mustang
06-14-2004, 03:52 AM
i agree this should be a ver good championship fight this year i have been watching them and i love rossi (not literally) he is amazing on that bike, i would like him to win. GO ROSSI

byronleehk
06-14-2004, 10:24 AM
i agree this should be a ver good championship fight this year i have been watching them and i love rossi (not literally) he is amazing on that bike, i would like him to win. GO ROSSI

I agree too. I'm NOT a big fan of Rossi but he's really good on a GP machine.
Should be a great season to watch because the RC211Vs can be beaten!

Homem de Gelo
06-15-2004, 07:55 AM
IMO, Biaggi is already out of contention. Sete and Rossi are driving better than him and will only pull away from now on.

goldretro
06-23-2004, 04:41 AM
if anything knowing one of the racers in the motogp is a priviledge, i know shane byrne, he lives on the isle-of-sheppey, also when is the next motogp?

just one more thing. rossi always wins, it gets boring supporting the winning teams and racers after a while, it's like all those manchester united supporters, they only surpport man u because it is the winning team in the leagues

Ferrari Tifosi
06-23-2004, 01:24 PM
if anything knowing one of the racers in the motogp is a priviledge, i know shane byrne, he lives on the isle-of-sheppey, also when is the next motogp?

just one more thing. rossi always wins, it gets boring supporting the winning teams and racers after a while, it's like all those manchester united supporters, they only surpport man u because it is the winning team in the leagues

First of all, Rossi doesn't always win, if this were so he wouldn't be 2nd in the championship right now.

Anways, the next race is on June 26th, this weekend. It is the Dutch Grand Prix, at Assen.

Ferrari Tifosi
06-27-2004, 04:30 PM
What a race today at Assen, last lap battle between Rossi and Gibernau was great. They even got into each other on the last lap. Rossi came out on top with Gibernau second, and Checa third. Now Rossi and Gibernau are tied for the championship with a 126 points a piece.

The championsip continues to heat up.....

Ferrari Tifosi
07-04-2004, 06:47 PM
Well, the Cinzano Grand Prix was very interesting. Makoto Tamada won the race, which was well, unexpected. Rossi and Gibernau both crashed. So now Gibernau and Rossi are still tied for the championship with 126 points and Biaggi is third with 113.

Good race today for Americans as well, with Hayden leading them with a finish in third place.

Ferrari Tifosi
07-18-2004, 01:36 PM
The German Gran Prix from the Sachsenring is on right now. Currently Biaggi is leading, but Rossi has been pressuring him, and then there's Gibernau right behind Rossi. Checa crashed earlier and is out of the race. Right now they're on lap 8 of 30. If this race is anything like last year's then it should be a great finish. WOAH, Gibernau has just crashed for the second race in a row. :eek:

Well now the battle is between Rossi and Biaggi, ahhhhh Capirossi just crashed as well, ITS PURE MAYHEM!!!! I will continue to update as the race continues.

Well Biaggi wins, what a great battle towards the end with Biaggi and Barros. Hayden comes in third and Rossi fourth. This win by Biaggi makes the championship very interesting....and it seems that Biaggi is back in the hunt.

Championship Points
1. Rossi - 139
2. Biaggi - 138
3. Gibernau - 126

Matra et Alpine
07-18-2004, 01:46 PM
erm the race is over :)

The results and report are at http://motogp.tiscali.com/en/motogp/news_info/news_info_12445_1.htm?menu=news

So I won't ruin it for those who're watching :)

except it't not a Ducati win - no surprise there !!!!!!!!!!

Ferrari Tifosi
07-18-2004, 01:49 PM
erm the race is over :)

The results and report are at http://motogp.tiscali.com/en/motogp/news_info/news_info_12445_1.htm?menu=news

So I won't ruin it for those who're watching :)

except it't not a Ducati win - no surprise there !!!!!!!!!!

Figures we'd get a taped version instead of getting it live, DAMN YOU SPEED.

Matra et Alpine
07-18-2004, 01:51 PM
Figures we'd get a taped version instead of getting it live, DAMN YOU SPEED.
We get that a lot as well.

"Live" race reports" -- Well yes, the report was recorded when the race was live. But you get to watch it later :(

Homem de Gelo
07-18-2004, 06:14 PM
I was wrong.
Biaggi is back with strength and now it is Sete who's dropping behind. I better stop making predictions.

Ferrari Tifosi
07-18-2004, 06:23 PM
Well, Gibernau will come back, I'm sure of that, but those two crashes in a row set him behind. Give Rossi a little lead and he'll run with it, so Gibernau has some work cut out for him. The rest of the season should be very interesting.

Matra et Alpine
07-19-2004, 03:00 AM
It looked like Abe was going into orbit.
Any reports on how he is ??

Ferrari Tifosi
07-19-2004, 12:20 PM
It looked like Abe was going into orbit.
Any reports on how he is ??

No word on the MotoGp web site on his condition, which to me is probably a good indication that he is fine.

Ferrari Tifosi
09-05-2004, 11:47 AM
Today the Portuguese Grand Prix took place and was quite a dull race compared to other Moto GP events. Tamada was on pole but by the end of the first lap Rossi had taken the place. Biaggi may be out of the Championship hunt now after his first lap wreck when he broke too late and got into the back of Capirossi's Ducati. Well Rossi took the win by a large margin, Tamada came in second. There was a good battle for third between Barros and Gibernau. Barros ended up taking third and Gibernau fourth.

NAZCA C2
09-05-2004, 12:04 PM
I don't think Gibernau or Biaggi will be able to defeat Rossi. He is just too strong. Even when Rossi isn't having a good race he can usually mix it up with the other riders and they end up riding at his pace or destroying their tires trying to get by him. Too bad Gibernau isn't on the factory Honda. If he were I think he would be running away with the championship. I guess its all about politics when it comes to choosing the Honda factory riders.

DasModell
09-06-2004, 02:24 AM
well . he's rossi :D
it wasn't a exiting race . but it was a super performance from the man .. just destroying the field .. you know . he's job is to win :D :D

Ferrari Tifosi
09-06-2004, 02:55 AM
He is one hell of a rider. Good show on his part, he really did pull away from everyone else and had a clear track the whole race.

ainkhald
09-07-2004, 12:31 AM
yeh i think isn,t ok..........

Ferrari Tifosi
09-07-2004, 09:20 AM
World Championship Points standings

1. Rossi - 209
2. Gibernau - 180
3. Biaggi - 158
4. Edwards - 111
5. Barros - 102
6. Checa - 93
7. Tamada - 89
8. Capirossi - 84
9. Hayden - 83
10. Malandri - 64
11. Abe - 55
12. Xaus - 46
13. Nakano - 46
14. Bayliss - 42
15. Roberts - 37

Gibernau may be able to catch up to Rossi but I doubt it. Good battle going on from 6-9 places though, that whole area has been changing on a race to race basis.

Matra et Alpine
09-07-2004, 09:58 AM
WSB is looking good too, the last lap with Vermeulen on the Honda was fantastic.
Assen is one of my favourite tracks :)

Ferrari Tifosi
09-07-2004, 01:11 PM
WSB is looking good too, the last lap with Vermeulen on the Honda was fantastic.
Assen is one of my favourite tracks :)

I don't follow WSB too much, I like to watch the prototype bikes more. Assen is a great track, and happens to be the theater for the largest annual sporting event in the world... the Holland Grand Prix. :)

DasModell
09-07-2004, 09:41 PM
it's the Dutch TT :D
and i'm still "betting" on Laconi .. :D

henk4
09-10-2004, 10:03 PM
I don't follow WSB too much, I like to watch the prototype bikes more. Assen is a great track, and happens to be the theater for the largest annual sporting event in the world... the Holland Grand Prix. :)

That is a bit too much. Actually the Dutch TT is the largest single day sports event in the Netherlands, getting about 125000 visitors. One of the side effects is that after the race the public roads are infested with with "would-be" Rossi's who want to show everybody what they are (not) capable of.

Matra et Alpine
09-11-2004, 02:35 AM
That is a bit too much. Actually the Dutch TT is the largest single day sports event in the Netherlands, getting about 125000 visitors. One of the side effects is that after the race the public roads are infested with with "would-be" Rossi's who want to show everybody what they are (not) capable of.
Just some Brits returning the favour for the Isle of Man :)

But, yes, you do get idiots who think pulling a wheelie shows skill but who can't get round a corner.

henk4
09-11-2004, 09:19 PM
Just some Brits returning the favour for the Isle of Man :)

But, yes, you do get idiots who think pulling a wheelie shows skill but who can't get round a corner.

If it was only that, but it is worse, they also think that they have to maintain the same straight line and cornering speeds on public roads. :)

Ferrari Tifosi
09-28-2004, 12:53 AM
Little late on this but in the last race which was the Japanese GP at Motegi, Rossi stretched his championship lead, and is now sitting pretty comfortably at top. Tamada took the win at his home race, with Rossi second, Nakano third, Barros fourth, Melandri fifth, Gibernau sixth, Checa seventh, Hodgson eighth, Xaus ninth, and Hofmann tenth. Hayden, Biaggi, Edwards, and Capirossi failed to finish the first lap. The next race is on October 2 at Qatar. Then they got the Malaysian GP, the Australian GP, and then they're off to Valenciana. So if Gibernau wants to win the Championship, then he's got to win some races and hope for some bad performances out of Rossi.

Here's the Championship standings now:
1. Rossi - 229
2. Gibernau - 190
3. Biaggi - 158
4. Barros - 115
5. Tamada - 114
6. Edwards - 111
7. Checa - 102
8. Capirossi - 84
9. Hayden - 83
10. Melandri - 75

Ferrari Tifosi
10-10-2004, 06:52 PM
After Rossi dissapointing performance at Qatar and Gibernau's win there, the series was at Sepang this weekend. Rossi pretty much dominated the weekend. He eventually won the race. Gibernau finished a dissapointing 7th, and with only two races left and 30 points behind Rossi, winning the championship will be extremely hard.

Top Ten Finishers from Sepang:
1. Valentino Rossi
2. Max Biaggi
3. Alex Barros
4. Nicky Hayden
5. Makoto Tamada
6. Loris Capirossi
7. Sete Gibernau
8. Shinya Nakano
9. Carlos Checa
10. Troy Bayliss

Here's how the Championship standings look after Sepang.
1. Rossi - 254
2. Gibernau - 224
3. Biaggi - 188
4. Barros - 144
5. Edwards - 136
6. Tamada - 131
7. Checa - 109
8. Hayden - 107
9. Capirossi - 94
10. Melandri - 75

DasModell
10-18-2004, 03:51 AM
and Rossi takes the title :D

Ferrari Tifosi
10-20-2004, 11:07 PM
3 years in a row now. Great race in Australia, that last lap was very entertaining.

fpv_gtho
10-21-2004, 12:10 AM
my brother made it down to Phillip Island last weekend for the race, he loved it as usual. he was saying he reckons he witnesse history considering Rossi claimed back to back championships on different bikes

Ferrari Tifosi
10-21-2004, 12:15 AM
my brother made it down to Phillip Island last weekend for the race, he loved it as usual. he was saying he reckons he witnesse history considering Rossi claimed back to back championships on different bikes

Your brother is a lucky man, what Rossi has accomplished is huge. Not to mention he got to see another great battle between Rossi and Gibernau, a rivalry that will be spoken of for a long time.

Ferrari Tifosi
10-21-2004, 12:25 AM
One last race remains, although the championship has been won, a couple other positions could move around with this race. This last race is at Valencia.

Wouter Melissen
10-21-2004, 01:10 AM
I hope Ducati and Capirossi can continue to improve and better their Philip Island performance. A fluke Ducati win would be a great finale to this season.