PDA

View Full Version : Brexit

NSXType-R
06-24-2016, 09:52 AM
So... can anyone bring me up to speed with Brexit? From what I understand, Great Britain has a lot of trade ties with the EU and when they left they would lose the benefits of free trade, which means taxes and tariffs on all British made products, including cars. That's about all I know about it right now.

Can anyone more seasoned on this topic teach me a crash course on this?

d-quik
06-24-2016, 08:49 PM
Germanic Britons = lets gtfo here
Celtic Britons = naw we euros dawg
pikachu = PIKACHU!!!!

since #ofGermanics > #ofCeltics, Britain = gtfo of eu

pimento
06-26-2016, 11:22 PM
It's long and complicated, but basically the poms have decided to completely ruin their economy because of some racists lying about everything.

NSXType-R
07-01-2016, 04:42 AM
From the looks of it, it just looks like fearmongering and vaporware promises from a bunch of politicians.

Welcome to American politics...

Ferrer
07-02-2016, 11:24 AM
I think this sums it up nicely.

Rockefella
07-13-2016, 08:58 PM
Brexit has passed and Trump will take the White House. Fascinating times.

Kitdy
07-14-2016, 09:11 AM
Holy lord almighty, Brexit woke up a zombie.

I really thought the UK would stay in the EU, and still think that Hillary will win.

But stranger things have happened.

d-quik's summary was hilarious.

NSXType-R
07-14-2016, 01:01 PM
Holy cow, looks like everyone is regretting Brexit left and right.

Hindsight is 20/20?

You don't say? :(

NSXType-R
12-13-2019, 05:43 AM
Well, what a dumpster fire of an election...

I'm not sure why people didn't vote conservative, but people seem to want Brexit now.

Kitdy
12-13-2019, 01:25 PM
Scotland has a foot out the door.

Ferrer
12-15-2019, 05:48 AM
If they do get a second referendum they will most probably (also, ironically) vote leave.

I wonder what will be the final form of Brexit that gets applied.

NSXType-R
12-15-2019, 09:36 AM
Scotland has a foot out the door.

I thought that Scotland and Ireland was the biggest hurdle.

If they do get a second referendum they will most probably (also, ironically) vote leave.

I wonder what will be the final form of Brexit that gets applied.

I thought the whole point of the election was to get Boris Johnson out because there was no confidence in the government.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ferrer
12-15-2019, 12:32 PM
I think that the point of the election was that tories wanted to win by majority in order to carry out Brexit.

Which they did.

Although probably our british friends will be able to elaborate further on that (if there are any left, that is).

NSXType-R
01-31-2020, 04:04 PM
Well crap.

They finally left. I hope they're happy.

Kitdy
01-31-2020, 05:49 PM
Well crap.

They finally left. I hope they're happy.

Up next, Scexit 2.0: This Time, it's Eurosonal.

Ferrer
02-01-2020, 08:16 AM
I understand that the automotive landscape in Britain may change somewhat from now on...

NSXType-R
02-01-2020, 08:25 AM
Up next, Scexit 2.0: This Time, it's Eurosonal.

I could have sworn Ireland would have been up in arms about it and the IRA would have potentially been really violent had Brexit gone through.

I understand that the automotive landscape in Britain may change somewhat from now on...

I chuckled at that. Here's hoping all the politicians that voted to leave have a house full of appliances and wiring made from Lucas Electrics.

Cunde
10-29-2020, 03:22 PM
So... can anyone bring me up to speed with Brexit? From what I understand, Great Britain has a lot of trade ties with the EU and when they left they would lose the benefits of free trade, which means taxes and tariffs on all British made products, including cars. That (https://virtoproperty.com/info/cost-of-living-in-spain-vs-uk) is about all I know about it right now.

Can anyone more seasoned on this topic teach me a crash course on this?

This issue is always relevant :) but even after so many years since your post it is still not clear what Brexit will bring to the British. About 7-8 months ago I had a chance to discuss Brexit with a native English and he said that in his social circle everyonу treated Brexit in a negative way. A lot of them are thinking of moving to Spain since this country has more stable perspectives.

NSXType-R
10-01-2021, 04:51 PM
Does the UK regret Brexit yet? How are the gas shortages affecting you guys?

https://youtu.be/OSdrJQ6osZE