PDA

View Full Version : My First Race!!!!

werty
06-16-2004, 02:36 PM
It was all very funny. I was driving with my sister and stopped at a red light when this ricer civic pulls up next to me. I looked at him and laughed and then he reved up his engine really loud. He had a Honda Civic SI V-TECH with obviusly some exhaust system. I was driving my Ford Ranger with JBA chrome headers and JBE Evol exhaust system. So after he reved up his engine i new he wanted to race! I pulled my nose forward and surprisingly to me my sister said i should race him...i was already going to do it anyway but her saying ok to it was just making me more ready to gun it.

So the light turns green and we pounded the gas pedals. I beat him! For about 200 yards i beat him and then slowed down once i was going about 60 mph, just in case a cop saw me. Then i let the ricer pass me and then a brand new Acura RSX( 2004 with temporary plate) zoomed by be to catch up with the civic. At the next light i was right nehind them and they both were reving up. The light turned green and the civic burnt rubber for about 50 feet. they were dead evn for about 100 yards but the RSX started to pull away and won. At the next and last light i waved to the civic dude and he waved back and we parted ways. It was all very funny, i'm still laughing about how i beat the civic, the guy was so surprised when i was pulling away; and very quickly i might ad.

So it was my first race ever, and it happened 30 minutes ago, i'm still pumped :D

UK CARS
06-16-2004, 02:41 PM
hey man good work, watch out for the grannys and burn some bloody ricers off dude................. :D becareful on the streets ;)

Niko_Fx
06-16-2004, 02:45 PM
He had a Honda Civic SI V-TECH

VTEC, V-TECH is a telephone brand ;)

You were 200 Yards ahead when you hit 60mph? You realize that this is the size of 2 Football fields? Did he go in reverse when the race started?

I believe you beat him, and good for you. But racing him promotes street racing, don't be in his level and let him race alone ;)

Coventrysucks
06-16-2004, 03:10 PM
The best thing to do is rev up, start edging forward etc, to make it look like you are really going to go for it.
Then when the lights change, don't go - the car you are racing will blast away from the lights making the driver look a complete knob.
Which was nice. :)

werty
06-16-2004, 03:49 PM
VTEC, V-TECH is a telephone brand ;)

You were 200 Yards ahead when you hit 60mph? You realize that this is the size of 2 Football fields? Did he go in reverse when the race started?

I believe you beat him, and good for you. But racing him promotes street racing, don't be in his level and let him race alone ;)

no no, we raced for about 100 yards until i decided not to go faster than i already was which was 60 so i slowed down and about 100 yards later down the road he finally caught up to me but i was already slowed to the 45mph speed limit. then the rsx speed by me after the civic and then they raced

werty
06-16-2004, 03:51 PM
The best thing to do is rev up, start edging forward etc, to make it look like you are really going to go for it.
Then when the lights change, don't go - the car you are racing will blast away from the lights making the driver look a complete knob.
i could've done that but i wanted to see what my truck was made of

byronleehk
06-16-2004, 03:54 PM

That's what I used to do a lot (back in the days...yeah yeah I'm OLD :( ).