PDA

View Full Version : carbon fiber tutorial

whiteballz
06-17-2004, 02:23 AM
Step ONE: creating CF!

#1) open a new document, with a transparent background, the size as follows, width 12 PIXLES height 6 PIXLES.

#2) select a quarter of this new doc, and fill that selected part with a black and white gradient, then select another quarter and do the same again. make sure the layers are not side by side, they must be diagonal!! / or \

#3) select all of this document with Control + A and go to EDIT, Define patten. save this document for later use on other chops.

okay step one of creating the base. (the actual car part)

#1) Select part of car you wish to make Carbon Fiber, then press Control + Shift + U. this will unsaturate the selected part of the car. (desaturate means to get rid of colour = black white, greys only).

#2) Press Control + U to get to the colour options (hue/saturation), take the lightness setting down the bottom of the three selectors to betwen -55 and - 69 or so.

#3) Then make a new layer by pressing Control + Shift + N, then with the defined CF patten we made earlier, go EDIT and then fill with the patten (make sure it fills by multiplication), probably should set the layer opacity between 50 and 75 percent.

#4) Now go filter, distort, twirl. twirl the CF by 50 to 75, then move the CF over the desired part. (also shrink the CF to a quarter of the canvas size)

#5) Press Control + A to select the entire twirled CF layer, then de-select the area that you wish to remain CF filled, then press delete!

#6) for final touches, put a thin black/dark grey line around the edges, with the line tool set to the weight of 1 pixle!

now your done!! happy CF making.

i tried to do this with minimal pictures, if anyone requires them to see how to do it, just ask! (the reason for that is because i made this one look "flat", the front of the car lost it characteristic lines, so just keep practising, and i did this one fast)

NOTE: This is the way i make CF and is my style, if you dont like my style, then dont use this way! there are many ways to create your own style of CF.