Supra Skyline

HP 320 <---WIN!!! 276
Weight 1565 kg <---WIN!!! 1666kg
Displacement 2997cc <---WIN!!! 2568cc
0 - ¼ mile 13.5sec <---WIN!!! 13.7sec
0 - 60 mph 5sec <---WIN!!! 5.2sec
0 - 100 mph 11.8sec <---WIN!!! 13.0sec
Powertrain RWD WIN!!!---> 4Wd

Well Motly Supra Wins I Dont Know Why People Like Sky`s U Know.....!!!!! (n supra is 1993 whereas sky is 1999 +1 )

Jazza
07-08-2003, 10:14 PM
I'm open minded but I still like da skyline over da supra
The Supra is a nice vehicle
lots of speed, pick up and the likes but it's not as comfortable to drive as the skyline
I mean the Skyline has a smoother ride and just drives a lot easier
but apart from that i think they're nearly equal in my book:)

R34
05-07-2004, 10:43 AM
THe skyline is defintly better, and it looks aweosome to.

I have tons of pics on both those cars on my site:

www.supercarz.i8.com
check it out

supra 2t
05-15-2004, 01:54 AM
Skyline is good but supra is better!!! But anything is better than Mitsubishi (They suck)

supra 2t
05-15-2004, 02:22 AM
I don't know why so many people like the Skyline, it's not really all that great compared to the supra

whiteballz
05-15-2004, 02:28 AM
i wonder WHAT YOUR PROBLEM is with mitsubishi!?!?!?!?!?

the supra is the better car, beacuse the skyline is a fanboys wet dream.

supra 2t
05-15-2004, 02:37 AM
i don't have much problems with Mitsubishi, I was just wondering how much people would get pissed off at my statement, but GTOs and FTOs put Mitsubishi off.

supra 2t
05-15-2004, 02:42 AM
I also like supra because I favour Toyota as toyota has a big variety of engines. I favour a supra with 2JZ GTE or the 1UZ FE V8, 1JZ GTE is quite good also.

Egg Nog
05-15-2004, 01:26 PM
Of all the arguments made since R34 revived this completely dead thread, none of them have been decent. When you try to make a point, back it up with facts, not open statements.

THE SUPPRA IZ THA BEST CAR EVAR BECAUSE THE SKYLINE IZNT AS GOOD!#!&!!11

Hondo Æ
12-10-2004, 10:07 PM
you guys are forgetting the main factor... the Driver... different skills, differents ways of driving... its about style about the driver..... also it depends on the track because both cars haves its advantages and disadvantges... i first of all i lean toward the supra.. its is my fav. car... i wanna get that clear but heres what i'm pointing out... if u race them on a circuit... the skyine is known for quick response, so around corners upshifting and downshift are almost perfect, no to mention the ABS and the 4WD that can pull away so quickly. But on the other hand the supra will probably spin out alot around the corners.. when the gas is punched coming out of a corner the supra with all the power and torque my drift a little becuz its also pushing that weight forward, cutting time and sometimes speed... its all RWD anyway too (gosh i love that car..heh) but if you put it on a drag strip, yes the skyline will pull off quicker, but also but it also takes only a little bit of time to bring out the torque and power of the Supra, and the supra will (more that likely) win at the last minute. -----
But also there is other factors affecting the performance.. as it how close it is to sea level... where the air is denser..so u can get more air into ur turbo or air - cold air intake... But most importantly....it all depends on the driver...

F1_Master
12-10-2004, 10:50 PM
Hey, forget you Supra Fanboy.

I used to own a 3000GT VR-4 and I'm glad as h*ll that I did. I'd take it back over the R34 anyday.

fpv_gtho
12-10-2004, 11:35 PM
Hey, forget you Supra Fanboy.

What are you talking about? He's at least EXPLAINING why he rathers the Supra over the Skyline, whilst pointing out the good and bad of both. Thats a hell of alot more than some others do

RS6
12-12-2004, 10:06 AM
The Skyline just because of the sound of that engine.

tvaksvik
04-27-2006, 12:38 AM

Lol:o

Have you ever heard the sound of a Supra?

It is way cooler, almost as deep as an angry V8 if you have a decent exhaust system. Testosterone all the way.The 2JZ-GTE engine is by far the best Turbo engine ever produced. If you had fitted a Skyline with this engine, it would be the best of both worlds.

The Skyline sounds good to, but the sound is tighter and not so classy. Almost like an angry teenager in comparison with the adult Supra sound.:D

deadly-phoenix
04-27-2006, 11:49 AM
Skylines rock
id rather have that:D

Rockefella
04-27-2006, 11:53 AM
If imbecils continue to revive dead Supra/Skyline threads I will consider ending my life. No one cares about your opinions, unless it is well thought-out and brings proper/positive emphasis and discussion to the thread.

Stop making stupid posts about how a Skyline is 1337 because it will whoop all da cars in da world. For the last time, WE DO NOT CARE.

Rockefella
04-27-2006, 11:54 AM
Lol:o

Have you ever heard the sound of a Supra?

It is way cooler, almost as deep as an angry V8 if you have a decent exhaust system. Testosterone all the way.The 2JZ-GTE engine is by far the best Turbo engine ever produced. If you had fitted a Skyline with this engine, it would be the best of both worlds.

The Skyline sounds good to, but the sound is tighter and not so classy. Almost like an angry teenager in comparison with the adult Supra sound.:D
Great, now explain the bolded point. If you had checked the date, you would have noticed that this thread is a year and a half old.

93rzsupra
06-12-2010, 09:53 PM
you guys are forgetting the main factor... the Driver... different skills, differents ways of driving... its about style about the driver..... also it depends on the track because both cars haves its advantages and disadvantges... i first of all i lean toward the supra.. its is my fav. car... i wanna get that clear but heres what i'm pointing out... if u race them on a circuit... the skyine is known for quick response, so around corners upshifting and downshift are almost perfect, no to mention the ABS and the 4WD that can pull away so quickly. But on the other hand the supra will probably spin out alot around the corners.. when the gas is punched coming out of a corner the supra with all the power and torque my drift a little becuz its also pushing that weight forward, cutting time and sometimes speed... its all RWD anyway too (gosh i love that car..heh) but if you put it on a drag strip, yes the skyline will pull off quicker, but also but it also takes only a little bit of time to bring out the torque and power of the Supra, and the supra will (more that likely) win at the last minute. -----
But also there is other factors affecting the performance.. as it how close it is to sea level... where the air is denser..so u can get more air into ur turbo or air - cold air intake... But most importantly....it all depends on the driver...

i would agree with that.
i think the gtr would be better all round over the supra only because of the 4wd. if it was rwd the supra would be better. but compair the price. for the same price u pay for a R34 u could of got a supra and moddify it to smoke a gtr. i own 2 cars. a turbo wrx and a 93 twin turbo supra. the wrx smokes the supra in a street drag race (1/8 mile) cos of my 7grand launches (rev to 7 then dump the clutch). but on the drag strip the supra smokes the wrx cos over 100km it catches at and passes it. (my near stock auto supra 12.7 @ 117mph 1/4 mile). i have raced a few R32 gtr in the past. lost to 1 and beat 2. the one i lost to did a mean 7 grand launch and it was gone the other two was rolling starts and and the supra was slightly pulling away.
stock vs stock. the gtr only because it can 7grand launch but fully moddied is a different story. fully built cars for the strip i think the supra is still faster. i think (cant remember excact figures)
fastest supra 7.3
fastest skyline 7.5 1/4 mile.
what budget u got is another question.
i got my supra for 15grand and most r34 gtr selling for 40-50grand in nz.
i like my wrx over the supra for town driving cos of comfort for passengers and 7grand launches but like my supra better for the track cos of more power.
both rb26dett and 2jzgte are good motors with same potential. supra i think is a bit stronger stock but if u got cash to buy it u should have cash to maintain and moddify it.

rockys
07-31-2010, 08:41 PM

I much prefer the Supra.http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/images/smilies/cool.gif

knucklebiter
11-20-2010, 05:57 PM
okay, so I was interested in buying a rice-burner, searched for a comparison of the 2 models i preferred and came up with this, and to be honest the amount of I'll suck supra/skyline dick untill death or as some have affectionately posted "fan boy" crap is overwhelming. I just need to get this off my chest and as a word of warning, don't bother mentioning drag stats, engine codes/specs etc, if you have no idea about the engineering that goes on behind it, the amount of numbnuts that pull out the kilowatts and newton meters should be shot. next off anyone who uses drag stats for a skyline should be shot, since when was a AWD with super HICAS designed for drag racing? Let's face it, this thread shouldn't be about which car would win in a drag race, because again I could count the number of people that drag stock on one hand. Next thing is I don't even think the Supra was designed or marketed to be in direct competition with the skyline, It seems to contend moreso with the z series, and I'm pretty sure that's a fact. The point I'm trying to make, is that the Skyline gt-r is in a class of it's own, this car is designed for the race track and then dumped on the everyday road. The supra on the other hand deserves credit too, the lines on this car are amazing for 1993. It just looks amazing and comparing these too amazing machines is laike comparing apples to oranges, idiots may get specific but in the end it just comes down to taste.

anyway after that I'd like to say that out of the 2 I'd prefer a skyline, It's stealthy lines just look aggressive, (in the words of dave chappelle playing tyrone biggums GOD DAMN!!!!)

last but not least sorry for the late post...

2JZ Mikey.
12-02-2010, 04:50 AM
Obviously the Supra.It has a more practical and reliable two wheel drive layout,it has the sexy looks and it has the venerable and virtually indestructable 2JZ,which drag racers around the world have utilised to much success.

Man of Steel
12-02-2010, 05:08 AM
If imbecils continue to revive dead Supra/Skyline threads I will consider ending my life. No one cares about your opinions, unless it is well thought-out and brings proper/positive emphasis and discussion to the thread.

Stop making stupid posts about how a Skyline is 1337 because it will whoop all da cars in da world. For the last time, WE DO NOT CARE.

That made me laugh actually. Not to offend Mikey, just because it was the first time I read that.

DesmoRob
12-02-2010, 11:15 AM
Supra/Skyline fanboys are to cars what the Top 40 is to music. Might start out catchy, will definitely be overplayed, and subsequently drive one to insanity.

clutch-monkey
12-02-2010, 03:08 PM
Supra/Skyline fanboys are to cars what the Top 40 is to music. Might start out catchy, will definitely be overplayed, and subsequently drive one to insanity.

this
besides everyone knows skylines look like ass and break all the time, so the supra is better.

;)

ozzycarnut
12-02-2010, 03:25 PM
i like the look of the r32's, they look lean and ready to rip apart whatever comes their way, the r33 looks like a fisted bum, the r34 looks a bit better. provided you spend some money getting them running right, the engines are bullet proof. but maybe i am biased after witnessing the r32 skylines being booted out of super car racing in australia! a pretty incredible car, and what is more amazing is these things are going for about $10k second hand in australia right now. sure you need to throw probably $100k or more at it to get it to banned-in-aus-racing super car level, but the basics are there. a super car for $10k?! i would have thought it would never happen.

whiteballz
12-02-2010, 07:07 PM
this
besides everyone knows skylines look like ass and break all the time, so the supra is better.

;)

Get out of my house.

clutch-monkey
12-03-2010, 12:40 AM
skylines are also by association related to the RB20 thus making them the worst sportscars ever built.

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/7674/trollfacef.jpg (http://img408.imageshack.us/i/trollfacef.jpg/)

Strokera4
12-11-2010, 09:41 AM
Both cars are extremely tunable and have massive potential, but the R34 skyline would destroy the supra pound for pound. The reason I say this is because it obviously has the advantage of a highly sophisticated AWD system, and also its handling and balance are naturally far superior to the 93' supra's.

Rockefella
12-11-2010, 11:13 AM
You right. In gran turismo skyline take 1500 horspowers. Supra only take 1200 horspowers and still not fast on turn like skyliner

LeonOfTheDead
12-11-2010, 01:51 PM
Well, do be fair, in Gran Turismo 1 the Mitsubishi GTO/3000 GT was a better car, and with less than 1.000 hp iirc.
:)

DesmoRob
12-11-2010, 06:27 PM
where's the delete thread button when you need it?

LeonOfTheDead
12-11-2010, 07:06 PM

It was left behind, too slow for these awesome cars.

Rockefella
12-11-2010, 07:34 PM

I love these threads now. I imagine a 14-16 year old Japan fanboi doing google searches of 'skyline versuz supra' and such then stumbling into this thread. He hacks away at the keyboard with his index finger formulating his genius message: supra da best, skyline suxxxx :D. Then they leave and never come back.

It's like a rocky wave in a sea of calm. It may be irritating to the masses but it provides entertainment after a span of nothingness.

Kitdy
12-11-2010, 07:48 PM
In one of the threads like these Rocke you made an amazing post in broken English with Japanese characters and a picture of Godzilla saying something like "the Skyline is the best super happy fun time ^_^!"

hellcat dug it up and showed it to me a few months ago and I laughed at how amazing it was.

clutch-monkey
12-11-2010, 08:48 PM
I love these threads now. I imagine a 14-16 year old Japan fanboi doing google searches of 'skyline versuz supra' and such then stumbling into this thread. He hacks away at the keyboard with his index finger formulating his genius message: supra da best, skyline suxxxx :D. Then they leave and never come back.

It's like a rocky wave in a sea of calm. It may be irritating to the masses but it provides entertainment after a span of nothingness.

same. it's hilarious to see the points nubs bring up to unsolvable debates like this

csl177
12-11-2010, 10:53 PM
Delete this thread?!?! Where would we go for the lulz?

THe skyline is defintly better, and it looks aweosome to.
I have tons of pics on both those cars on my site:www.supercarz.i8.com check it out

Skyline is good but supra is better!!! But anything is better than Mitsubishi (They suck)

I don't know why so many people like the Skyline, it's not really all that great compared to the supra

i don't have much problems with Mitsubishi, I was just wondering how much people would get pissed off at my statement, but GTOs and FTOs put Mitsubishi off.

I also like supra because I favour Toyota as toyota has a big variety of engines. I favour a supra with 2JZ GTE or the 1UZ FE V8, 1JZ GTE is quite good also.

Lol:o Have you ever heard the sound of a Supra?

Skylines rock
id rather have that:D

Both cars are extremely tunable and have massive potential, but the R34 skyline would destroy the supra pound for pound. The reason I say this is because it obviously has the advantage of a highly sophisticated AWD system, and also its handling and balance are naturally far superior to the 93' supra's.

You right. In gran turismo skyline take 1500 horspowers. Supra only take 1200 horspowers and still not fast on turn like skyliner Priceless, sir... one of my favorites!

Well, do be fair, in Gran Turismo 1 the Mitsubishi GTO/3000 GT was a better car, and with less than 1.000 hp iirc.
:)This made me spew coffee on my keyboard. Thank you.

Please... like Rock said, these are usually ripples of annoyance but some of us think supremely entertaining. Keep 'em coming.

DesmoRob
12-12-2010, 11:59 AM
I find it too repetitive to pass off as humor. This is the type of senseless garbage that people write on youtube comments, which is also extremely annoying. All of it is biased, and none of it is backed by logic or facts. You can't stop kids from being kids, but it does get old after a while.

henk4
12-12-2010, 12:01 PM
I find it too repetitive to pass off as humor. This is the type of senseless garbage that people write on youtube comments, which is also extremely annoying. All of it is biased, and none of it is backed by logic or facts. You can't stop kids from being kids, but it does get old after a while.

I agree, but the kids that are posting now as kids may grow up and become sensible. The risk is the constant influx of new kids.

crisis
12-12-2010, 09:50 PM
My son is 14 and thinks Skylines are da sh!t! I give him grief about any I see that a riced. He will learn! :D

TRD2014
03-07-2014, 06:53 PM
Supra for me. Skyline is pure junk. I drove a GTR and an R34 they're the biggest piece of trash Nissan's they make. The GTR feels and looks like a beefed up 350-Z. Give me a Supra over a Skyline anyday. Skylines are sooo sooo over-rated. And a Supra can get better numbers then a Skyline for way less money, Iron Block straight Six is second to none. And the way the Supra sounds makes any car fan jump for joy.

Supra for me all day.

TRD2014
03-07-2014, 07:11 PM
My brother would import and export cars from foreign countries and working with him we would test the cars. Skylines are so over-rated and this I guarantee you. People praise the car when it's just a beefed up 350Z for over 50k more.
I drove so many different cars
Ferrari 360 Spider
Ferrari 360 Modena
Viper
Corvette Z06
Porsche 9-11 (Another great car) handles like a gorilla jumping from branch to branch.
Diablo Roadster VTT
Skyline R34 and GTR
Evo's
Wrx's
Shelby
BMW M5 "Badass car"
BMW M3 "another kick ass car"

In one of the threads like these Rocke you made an amazing post in broken English with Japanese characters and a picture of Godzilla saying something like "the Skyline is the best super happy fun time ^_^!"

hellcat dug it up and showed it to me a few months ago and I laughed at how amazing it was.

crisis
03-23-2014, 04:40 AM
My brother would import and export cars from foreign countries and working with him we would test the cars. Skylines are so over-rated and this I guarantee you. People praise the car when it's just a beefed up 350Z for over 50k more.
I drove so many different cars
Ferrari 360 Spider
Ferrari 360 Modena
Viper
Corvette Z06
Porsche 9-11 (Another great car) handles like a gorilla jumping from branch to branch.
Diablo Roadster VTT
Skyline R34 and GTR
Evo's
Wrx's
Shelby
BMW M5 "Badass car"
BMW M3 "another kick ass car"

Supra for me. Skyline is pure junk. I drove a GTR and an R34 they're the biggest piece of trash Nissan's they make. The GTR feels and looks like a beefed up 350-Z. Give me a Supra over a Skyline anyday. Skylines are sooo sooo over-rated. And a Supra can get better numbers then a Skyline for way less money, Iron Block straight Six is second to none. And the way the Supra sounds makes any car fan jump for joy.

Supra for me all day.
Skylines are anything but junk. Perhaps over rated.
What “numbers?”
Iron block straight six is second to alloy block V8
Sounds shit compare to any v8.
I can only deduce from your comments that you have never driven those other cars.
This thread is 4 years old. :rolleyes:

skylineboss69
06-18-2014, 01:27 AM
the skyline will wreck a supra any day just the skyline is bad if the driver is crap

f6fhellcat13
06-18-2014, 05:47 AM

iits nice but NOT the !BEST

THE BEST IS SkYLiNeR NISSAN ^_^

i like r35 and r34 skyliner gojeera gtr
fast then ferare nd lambrgeeny on d1 and track
desu desu

('-'*)オヒサ♪

http://passionweiss.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/godzilla.jpg

Legendary.

Kitdy
06-18-2014, 12:29 PM
There can only be one... AutoXBonne!

ImportRacer239
03-02-2016, 06:23 PM
The Supra is way better than a Skyline.
Skylines are nice, but Supras are sexier.

jcp123
05-28-2018, 05:27 PM
Both are unreasonably expensive here. I get the sense that a Skyline is a better tourer, but the Supra is essentially a tourer as well. That being said, I think I'd go the Supra route just for the practicality of being able to come by parts a lot easier.