PDA

View Full Version : PShop question ... progressive color change?

Z0RR0
06-20-2004, 12:45 PM
Hi all,

I can't find how to do a progressive color change (to generate a a 2-color background, for example). I think it's called a gradient, but I can't find any way to do it ... wtf?

Something like the background in this pic
http://www.astoundingimages.com/posters/13.jpg

Thanks in advance...

ZerK
06-20-2004, 12:59 PM
Select the area you want to 'gradient-ise' with the lasso, then click the button show in the attatchment and then play around with the settings on the top bar. It should be obvious from there :)

I have PS 7.0 by the way.

Mustang
06-20-2004, 01:02 PM
Select the area you want to 'gradient-ise' with the lasso, then click the button show in the attatchment and then play around with the settings on the top bar. It should be obvious from there :)

I have PS 7.0 by the way.

you need to select the area that you want to use forst using the Lasoo tool then make it into a new layer, then do the gradient on that layer :) think thats rite aint it ?

Z0RR0
06-20-2004, 02:49 PM
D-O-H-!!!!!!!
Do I feel like a dumba$$ or what? I spent 2 days trying to figure out why I couldn't get anything while I remembered the gradient tool was a rectangle ... except that my toolbar showed the fill bucket icon instead of the icon, so I was fiddling with the rectangle tool below, persuaded it was the gradient ... dunno if that made sense ... lol

Thank a bunch! Now I can try some new stuff! This forum rules! :)

Mustang
06-20-2004, 02:55 PM
D-O-H-!!!!!!!
Do I feel like a dumba$$ or what? I spent 2 days trying to figure out why I couldn't get anything while I remembered the gradient tool was a rectangle ... except that my toolbar showed the fill bucket icon instead of the icon, so I was fiddling with the rectangle tool below, persuaded it was the gradient ... dunno if that made sense ... lol

Thank a bunch! Now I can try some new stuff! This forum rules! :)

when i first started using photoshop if you dont know what a tool os called, hold your mouse curser over it for a few seconds and it shows the name in a little box to the right hand side :p

Z0RR0
06-20-2004, 03:14 PM
But now I have a new question ... how do I make a smooth transition from the color I picked to, say the background?

Thanks in advance

Mustang
06-20-2004, 03:18 PM
But now I have a new question ... how do I make a smooth transition from the color I picked to, say the background?

Thanks in advance

what do you want the background in a gradient ??

if so i am guessing this because i dont do much chopping anymore, create a new layer then place it on top and do the gradient in that layer. then when you have done set the status to overlay or darken then it should go slightly transparent and show the shapes in the background but changing colour. if you do this you will have to select arounbd your car and selete this part of the new layer that you have made so it looks like the car is in the foreground :)

hope that is what you wanted

Z0RR0
06-20-2004, 04:46 PM
This is really cool ! Thx for the help.
I'll have a nice pic for this week's comp ... but credit will go to you guys ;)

ZerK
06-20-2004, 11:44 PM
you need to select the area that you want to use forst using the Lasoo tool then make it into a new layer, then do the gradient on that layer :) think thats rite aint it ?

Well, you can if you want. I don't usually bother :o