PDA

View Full Version : My WRECKED truck

johnnynumfiv
06-20-2004, 06:27 PM
My sister got in an accident, she was parked on the side of the highway behind another car and someone came around the bend and slammed into the truck, then into the car ahead of her. When I was going to get my license, i was going to get the truck. :(

Egg Nog
06-20-2004, 06:35 PM
Was it totalled? It looks like tens of thousands in damage from what i can see from the pictures...

How much insurance pay will you be getting?

MrVette83
06-20-2004, 07:11 PM
Man, that sucks about the truck. Some people just need to learn how to drive.

digitalcraft
06-20-2004, 07:32 PM
How is your sister?

johnnynumfiv
06-20-2004, 08:00 PM
My sister was fine, she wasn't in the truck when it happened, we still haven't heard from the insurance company about the whole deal. and yes, it is totaled, the frame is bent, every body panel would need to be replaced, new rear axle, new transmisson( the drive shaft with into the trannie) new raditor, new trannie radiator and so on, everything is wrecked except the interior.

lithuanianmafia
06-20-2004, 09:34 PM
My sister was fine, she wasn't in the truck when it happened, we still haven't heard from the insurance company about the whole deal. and yes, it is totaled, the frame is bent, every body panel would need to be replaced, new rear axle, new transmisson( the drive shaft with into the trannie) new raditor, new trannie radiator and so on, everything is wrecked except the interior.

geez, feel sorry for u man. the same thing happened with my mom and my sister a few years ago with their car.

dependin on how much insurance u get as compared to cost of repairs, u may need to think about gettin a new car. mainly cus if u stay with the truck after repairs, ur insurance will skyrocket, and if u get into another accident, the truck is likely to sustain more damage. just my thought

d-quik
06-20-2004, 10:42 PM
geez, feel sorry for u man. the same thing happened with my mom and my sister a few years ago with their car.

dependin on how much insurance u get as compared to cost of repairs, u may need to think about gettin a new car. mainly cus if u stay with the truck after repairs, ur insurance will skyrocket, and if u get into another accident, the truck is likely to sustain more damage. just my thought
isnt it the insurance company of the person that hit his truck be the one that should pay for johnny's repairs?

johnnynumfiv
06-21-2004, 09:09 AM
the car who hit my truck insurance should cover everything, because the two vehicles that were hit were stationary and no one was in them. So the insurance money would prolly pay off the loan on the truck, then go to some payments on the new truck. Yea, thre would be no point to get it repaired because of the frame damage, so my family is getting another one soon.

byronleehk
06-21-2004, 09:35 AM
Johnny, I feel for you man. But think of it this way, when you get you license, you're going to get a newer truck :)

johnnynumfiv
06-21-2004, 10:34 AM
Johnny, I feel for you man. But think of it this way, when you get you license, you're going to get a newer truck :)

Good point :)