PDA

View Full Version : The New Supra........!!!

Supra-Devil
07-01-2003, 02:21 AM
Well i have been wondaring how will be the new supra i found 2 pics on the net but they r noth lookin real here r 2 pics post here if u know sometihn........!!!!

Supra-Devil
07-01-2003, 02:22 AM
n this one

motormaniac
07-01-2003, 02:49 AM
second one rocks

Supra-Devil
07-01-2003, 02:58 AM
umm.. i know but i think first one is more like supra cuz of thr rear lights n curvs but cant surely tell......!!!!

Supra-Devil
07-01-2003, 04:50 AM
n i just got this car.........

Nildo
07-01-2003, 04:39 PM
Love the name supra devil.
Okay, the original pictures you have shown are from a concept car toyota built to compete with....wait for it....Aston Martin?! Yes that is right, a real GT Euro competitor. Looks bewdiful I reckon.
Anyways, one of the pictures, the from the front one, is actually taken from a modified artists impression done in the late 90's, but the rest are, as far as I have read, genuine.
There is a link between this car and the supra, because the GT car (so far referred to as 5000 gt) has a V10 5 litre engine, developed off the supposed next-gen supra 4 litre V8. Anyone know more/different? This is what I have read in official Australian motoring press.
How it going Motor?

motorhead
07-03-2003, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by Nildo
Love the name supra devil.
Okay, the original pictures you have shown are from a concept car toyota built to compete with....wait for it....Aston Martin?! Yes that is right, a real GT Euro competitor. Looks bewdiful I reckon.
Anyways, one of the pictures, the from the front one, is actually taken from a modified artists impression done in the late 90's, but the rest are, as far as I have read, genuine.
There is a link between this car and the supra, because the GT car (so far referred to as 5000 gt) has a V10 5 litre engine, developed off the supposed next-gen supra 4 litre V8. Anyone know more/different? This is what I have read in official Australian motoring press.
How it going Motor? EXACTLY like the db7 gt - exactly

Supra-Devil
07-08-2003, 06:43 AM
Man i just got some info tht the new supra is pic 1 n 3 there the same n the 2nd pic i think is the toyota celica

motorhead
07-08-2003, 06:53 AM
Originally posted by Supra-Devil
Man i just got some info tht the new supra is pic 1 n 3 there the same n the 2nd pic i think is the toyota celica yeah looks like a celica facelift - and it looks good

Nildo
07-08-2003, 05:13 PM
The second picture looks pretty similar to the 'Ultimate' celica, a car built by the US arm of TRD. It has the floorpan of a gt-4, the body (sort of an amalgamation) of st182 and the current model, and about 505 hp. Apparently it can accelerate from 100-160 kph in under 5 seconds! It sure does look nice....

Supra-Devil
07-08-2003, 09:50 PM
The second picture looks pretty similar to the 'Ultimate' celica, a car built by the US arm of TRD. It has the floorpan of a gt-4, the body (sort of an amalgamation) of st182 and the current model, and about 505 hp. Apparently it can accelerate from 100-160 kph in under 5 seconds! It sure does look nice....

thnx for the info but where the hell do u get all this...????

Supra-Devil
07-11-2003, 06:11 AM
3 more pics

Supra-Devil
07-11-2003, 06:14 AM
http://www.jefftsai.com/Pictures/Cars/SuperCars-Proto/Toyota/MKV/MKV.htm

for supra pics

motorhead
07-16-2003, 03:17 AM
check this 800HP monster!!!!!!!

Nildo
07-16-2003, 06:42 AM
Supra, most of the stuff I know I found out by being a huge toyota fan for about the last decade. The Ultimate celica I described is in no way a new car. I first saw it around 3 years ago in Import Racer, a US title which is (ha ha) imported to Australia. In the article the original Ultimate celica actually looked like the st182 model (previous shape). Since the release of the current shape they updated the body work. If I can find a site with good info I will put it up.

Anybody here know much about the HKS supra drag car?

Nildo
07-16-2003, 06:58 AM
Try this site for more info, though I have seen claimed better times than the ones posted. Note that the picture you have shown looks quite similar, in an artists impression sort of way.

www.fast-autos.net/toyota/toyotatrdcelica.html

crisis
07-16-2003, 05:38 PM
Nildo, I checked out your link. I confess Im not a fan of the Celicas but 13.3 1/4 mile times for a 370kw 4 wheel drive car of this size is not that impressive. Id like to know the "better" time you saw.

crisis
07-16-2003, 05:39 PM
Nildo, I checked out your link. I confess Im not a fan of the Celicas but 13.3 1/4 mile times for a 370kw 4 wheel drive car of this size is not that impressive. Id like to know the "better" time you saw. And $500,000!!!! Who's dollars are we talking?

Nildo
07-16-2003, 09:02 PM
True crisis, those times are pathetic considering the power claim and money spent. In a local publicaton named 'Speed' they ran a feature on this car claiming it can run to 160 kph (100 mph) in about 10 seconds. No quarter mile times were posted but if it gets to 100 in 10 secs it should not take a further 3.3 secs to reach 108 as it does on the site mentioned. They estimated a mid to high 12 quarter, which sounds pretty believable.

As for the money, I'm guessing US since they did the car, but how they managed to spend that kind of cash is beyond me, since local (Australian) GT-4 s (same running gear and motor) can run 12's with less than $15000 in mods. Maybe all the chassis alterations to fit it under that body shape? Also they have changed the look of tha car at least once that I have seen, so perhaps that is a cumulative cost figure.

Othix
07-24-2003, 11:59 AM
i hate the new grill and lights. THe profile is of course well designed. like the db7.

I think that a v10 will be too big for the car. it'll jack the price up to compete with bmw's and supercars. (new m5s and m6s will feature the 500hp 5L V10). Wouldn't you rather have an M6 than a Toyota? Supras thrived w/ the 3L turbo v6. Make it twin turbo or something.

McGriffin
07-26-2003, 12:09 PM
I wasn't aware that Toyota had plans for a new Supra.

And these ancient pictures don't mean anything.

ludi_konj
08-09-2003, 05:29 AM
yer dudes i herad that the new supra (the 1st pic you attached) is a V10!!!!! thats pretty crappy, they should stick to the turbo charged engines.. its a tradition... and i've read that the HKS supra does 6secs on the 1/4 mile... so its pretty fukn powerful.. sik shit... but at the end of the day skylines just are to good.
love that celica.

bonzaisushi
08-24-2003, 07:59 PM
i just had to register because of this page, i am a hardcore toyta fan, ive owned 4, and im constantly in toyota forums.....

the 1st supra pic is mostlikely the real one, at the newyork autoshow toyota announced that with there new cars they will be going back to the basics, have u guys ever seen ne pics of the 2000gt the first import sports car, basicly the supra...? well look at one of those and look at the fist pic of a supra and ull see loads of similarity...... the v10 u are talking about will be released under the lexus name, 5000gt is the supposed name of the car built on the sc430 chassis....
the newer supra will mostlikely have a v6, and a optional v8, since turbocharging costs to much money, a v8 is more appropriate..... both these lexus and toyota cars are rumored to be released in the 05-06 model years.... it is no doubt that toyota will release a supra, especally with the success of the 350z evo sti here in the americas, toyota is doing what they do best, watching the market and they will strike........ and the lexus v10 will cost over 90k.... its output will ber 500hp and 5?? tq, the v10 they will be using is derived from the toyota f1 car...... i hope my comments made sense and i cant wait for toyota to release another beast

later guys, ill be back for more im glad i found this site:D

crisis
08-25-2003, 12:16 AM
The Lexus V8 motors have a good rep. A V8 rear wheel drive Japanese sports car. Now theres something.

Gilly
08-25-2003, 01:31 AM
I wish they just kept the first model and just added afew things, the original looks 10 times betta.

crisis
08-25-2003, 05:52 PM
The first model or the most recent? The first couple were'nt much special. The last one looked ok. Lose all the crappy flappy bodykits. It is due for a new look though.

r34_296kw
08-29-2003, 08:45 PM
supras dont stand a chance against a skyline r34..........the supra will get smoked BADLY:D

Nildo
08-30-2003, 03:56 PM
Obviously you are a serious skyline fan, but r34, if you have driven either you will realise that the design philosophy is quite different between these two cars. Both are very fast, but while the skyline is certainly faster, you need to work it MUCH harder to get it's full potential, making it a very exhausting car at times.

The supra can do what it does much more easily, but still provide genuine thrills. Just wondering...is the 296 kw at the wheels or flywheel?

r34_296kw
08-30-2003, 09:33 PM
Obviously you are a serious skyline fan, but r34, if you have driven either you will realise that the design philosophy is quite different between these two cars. Both are very fast, but while the skyline is certainly faster, you need to work it MUCH harder to get it's full potential, making it a very exhausting car at times.

The supra can do what it does much more easily, but still provide genuine thrills. Just wondering...is the 296 kw at the wheels or flywheel? at all 4 wheels.........SUPRAS SUCK......theyre QUITE USELESS cars actually.........i raced many of em and none stand a chance against a skyline........besides a supra doesnt provide a good adrenial rush

uk83
08-31-2003, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by r34_296kw
at all 4 wheels.........SUPRAS SUCK......theyre QUITE USELESS cars actually.........i raced many of em and none stand a chance against a skyline........besides a supra doesnt provide a good adrenial rush

well, at first. ive never driven any of em. but i the fact that a skyline probebly wins on the track from a supra doesnt make another car useless/suck. that they are on the track says 1 thing, and on a track a rules tuning rules. a very cool thing for a supra is the way you you can fire the thing up, its quite easy pumping 800horsepowers out of the engine onto the rear weels. and another very important thing about the supra is its looks. with a good kit its defenitly the most beautifull car there is.

crisis
08-31-2003, 06:44 PM
at all 4 wheels.........SUPRAS SUCK......theyre QUITE USELESS cars actually.........i raced many of em and none stand a chance against a skyline........besides a supra doesnt provide a good adrenial rush
With comments like "Supras Suck" ( suprised you didnt use the correct dip shit spelling of sux) I wonder how many people believe you have actually driven any of them let alone raced them. If you have, by racing are you talking about legal races around a race track or drag strip,or racing other wankers on public roads. Or as I suspect is more likely, on Playstation

r34_296kw
08-31-2003, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by uk83
well, at first. ive never driven any of em. but i the fact that a skyline probebly wins on the track from a supra doesnt make another car useless/suck. that they are on the track says 1 thing, and on a track a rules tuning rules. a very cool thing for a supra is the way you you can fire the thing up, its quite easy pumping 800horsepowers out of the engine onto the rear weels. and another very important thing about the supra is its looks. with a good kit its defenitly the most beautifull car there is. only wannabes care about looks........tru ppl look 4 both looks n speed...skyline provides both...besides u can 'very easily' get 1000hp into a skyline

r34_296kw
08-31-2003, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by crisis
With comments like "Supras Suck" ( suprised you didnt use the correct dip shit spelling of sux) I wonder how many people believe you have actually driven any of them let alone raced them. If you have, by racing are you talking about legal races around a race track or drag strip,or racing other wankers on public roads. Or as I suspect is more likely, on Playstation now look mummys boy...........i've raced skylines against supras heaps of times...legally and illegally and they cant do jack shit...****en useless a total waste of money...u sound just like a perfect immature wannabe...im beginning to think u r a wannabe

crisis
09-01-2003, 12:48 AM
If only wannabe ca obat luks wi duz da pikcha yu postd av so much plaztik shit onit

r34_296kw
09-01-2003, 12:58 AM
If only wannabe ca obat luks wi duz da pikcha yu postd av so much plaztik shit onit at least it looks way beta dan any car in ur dreams...u wouldnt even dream of having a car like that...useless lil wanabe, lil muda****as r so pathetic...n ur da most pathetic bastard i've ever seen on da net...pathetic lil loser

crisis
09-01-2003, 07:02 PM
What a consructively and intelligently articulated reply

uk83
09-02-2003, 02:29 PM
ok, enough
listen, i had enough of the wannabe-non-wannabe discussion. what i have seen on the tracks a supra is a great car wich also is able to provide both looks and performance. BUT its all about the MK5 supra as the topic says. well i must say the first drawing in this forum looks like a quite cool car, although i dont know why they HAD to put the space-subject into the car... a pity, the MK4 looks better according to me... the second drawing... is that a celica chassis or what? put it away please . supra should be the big bad brother. not a tuned up twin bro. i sure hope some1 can tell some news about the mk5 and have a picture or something, if they wanna release the car @ 2005. there should be a chassis and all. pls reply something nice and usefull. (or just cool) ;) :)

ps. sorry for the new topic.... wast supposed to be there :D

crisis
09-02-2003, 06:51 PM
I agree. I think both Supras and Skylines are among the most desirable Japanese cars. Although beyond them I dont see much of interest personally. I dont have time for the x sux attitude of morons who, either because they own a certain car or have an allegiance to a particular marque ( which they are entitled to), deride any thing else, no matter how valid it is. Only a ****wit would call a Supra, or intimate it was, a piece of shit. They may not like a particular car, but they should be a little more objective and mature in their comments if they do not want to be treated like the adolescent retards they come across as.

r34_296kw
09-02-2003, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by motorhead
check this 800HP monster!!!!!!! if u think thats cool...CHECK OUT THIS 1405HP BEAST

r34_296kw
09-02-2003, 10:23 PM
I agree. I think both Supras and Skylines are among the most desirable Japanese cars. Although beyond them I dont see much of interest personally. I dont have time for the x sux attitude of morons who, either because they own a certain car or have an allegiance to a particular marque ( which they are entitled to), deride any thing else, no matter how valid it is. Only a ****wit would call a Supra, or intimate it was, a piece of shit. They may not like a particular car, but they should be a little more objective and mature in their comments if they do not want to be treated like the adolescent retards they come across as. like i said ur mums a retard...b sides ur mommas so fat wen she stood on a scale it said 2 b continued:D

crisis
09-03-2003, 12:37 AM
like i said ur mums a retard...b sides ur mommas so fat wen she stood on a scale it said 2 b continued:D
i thnk uv skwezd yo dik inta da shaype ova r34

uk83
09-06-2003, 05:20 PM
is thare a way to kick some1 from his permission to reply...?

crisis
09-07-2003, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by uk83
is thare a way to kick some1 from his permission to reply...?
Sorry, he brings out the worst in me.

r34_296kw
09-13-2003, 11:19 PM
Sorry, he brings out the worst in me. so do u

icezdragonz
02-17-2004, 05:51 AM
well, at first. ive never driven any of em. but i the fact that a skyline probebly wins on the track from a supra doesnt make another car useless/suck. that they are on the track says 1 thing, and on a track a rules tuning rules. a very cool thing for a supra is the way you you can fire the thing up, its quite easy pumping 800horsepowers out of the engine onto the rear weels. and another very important thing about the supra is its looks. with a good kit its defenitly the most beautifull car there is.

o yes i agree supras are very beautiful cars ^^" i dont think skylines outrate supras by "THAT" much unless u race like some 1000 hp skyline r34 against some stock supra..lol
but yer i've liked supras for ages i want one of my own and i would prolly favor on the supra side abit^^", supras arent useless their good cars, for instance have u seen the JUN 200 mile yellow supra or what eva thats a mad one (1200 hp) and the HKS supra 1500 hp~! O.o" or so i've heard..^^"

but yer the new supra is alrite i guess.. it dosent remind me of a supra anymore thou.. i was greatly disappointed and heard that it might be naturally aspirated because they want 2 make things cheaper?O.o"? i mean i wish that they could have stuck with the more "supra" kind of look u noe? like how the skyline series stuck with theirs althou i cant complain i guess i'll stick the the good old 93-98 supra then~!^^"

also is that skyline that looks like a 33 a gts or gtr? lol coz i dun c a gtr badge ^^"