PDA

View Full Version : Chained Racing: NASCAR's REplacement?

SIMPLETON
06-23-2004, 05:03 AM
I was watching a show called Wind Tunnel on the Speed channel and they had a segment called hometown horsepower and they shoed this thing called chained racing. Its a simple concept, there are two cars per team, the cars are just junkers, the two cars are literally chained together, the car up front controlls steeering and throttle, while the car behind controlls braking. The races are driven on ovals. It sound like a stupid concept but really is quite amusing. It's not better than F1 but it beats the pants off NASCAROn the race they showed the winning cars were and old Volvo wagon with a Geo out back

drakkie
06-23-2004, 05:11 AM
strange stuff.My uncle once told a story that was quite like this.The front car had no brakes, the rear did haave brakes but no power.The ended up off the road against a tree Do you have some pics???

SIMPLETON
06-23-2004, 05:15 AM
unfortunately, no, but I'll try and find some

Sweeney921
06-23-2004, 11:58 AM
haha thats a good idea, i guess

SilverG35SportC
06-23-2004, 12:56 PM
Do you know if this is like a weekly thing on SPEED channel or what? I would like to know more about this ridiculous concept. But I do not think that this will take over from NASCAR but I hope it does. :rolleyes:

SIMPLETON
06-23-2004, 01:57 PM
Do you know if this is like a weekly thing on SPEED channel or what? I would like to know more about this ridiculous concept. But I do not think that this will take over from NASCAR but I hope it does. :rolleyes:

No it was just the video clip of it, but it would be nice if it got its own series