PDA

View Full Version : RIP Matra et Alpine

NSXType-R
06-09-2022, 11:43 AM
Some of us have befriended each other on the UCP FB group and I recently received a notification that Matra et Alpine has passed. He was one of the earliest members at UCP and often brought much humor and levelheadedness to the forums.

He will be sorely missed.

Kitdy
06-09-2022, 06:07 PM
Wow. Very upsetting news. I was lucky enough to meet him once on vacation. A very kind and fun man. Rest in peace.

drakkie
06-12-2022, 05:44 AM
Also I got the news recently through Facebook and am truly sad about it. One of the nicest people I've met in my life. Despite first getting in contact over a decade ago, we were still regularly writing each other. Also we once met and raced together in Scotland, which was an incredible experience. RIP Peter.

drakkie
07-20-2022, 05:33 AM
Does anyone know if there is a grave monument that I can visit for Peter? This autumn I plan to travel to Scotland and I really want to visit and pay my respects.

Sledgehammer
07-22-2022, 07:15 AM
Sad to hear. Rest easy now.

drakkie
07-25-2022, 01:27 PM
We created this page in memory of our motorsport loving friend Peter Locke. It was his intention to take part in the 2022 Scottish Sprint & Hillclimb season in a replacement RX-8; A car for which he was fondly remembered amongst his many motorsport friends. With a Prostate Scotland livery designed by himself, we've finished the Rex Mk2 and intend to take it on a tour of Peter's favourite sporting venues, in order to raise funds and awareness for Prostate Scotland.

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/matra-et-alpine?experiments=donate_now_track_click

About six years ago my mother was diagnosed with cancer. A year later, when she knew she'd die, she urged my dad to get a health check. They checked his prostate and turns out he had prostate cancer. Radiation treatment and surgery were enough to save him, but for our family it was very hard to fight two battles.
I urge all (older) men that have any issues to get a health check. It is much more common to have prostate cancer then many of us think.
Because of the above Peters' death really touched me. I will make a donation and I hope some of you will too.

IWantAnAudiRS6
09-17-2023, 09:50 AM
Not the best news to idly pop back to. RIP Peter. Enjoy your Alpine in the sky.