PDA

View Full Version : Sound Advice

mechanixfetch
06-23-2004, 04:27 PM
This was sent to me by a friend after I made some blunders wooing my new girlfriend yesterday. And yes we are still together.

Anthony,
I write this to you as a friend wishing only the best for you in your romantic encounters. First thing you need to learn is a little something we like to call tact, how this little skill works is when you're about to say something scan it to see if there is something that could be offensive for example... "you have a mustache" while this could be said to a guy without him taking offense, to a girl this is not a compliment, now how we realize this is; when have you ever heard the sentence "you have a mustache" used on a girl, that is not a tranvestite, and the girl not be insulted? nowhere. The first question that you should pose is "is this what she wants to hear?" if yes, then go ahead, if no then dont say anything at all and try again. Now the second part of tact is if something stupid has already eminated from your mouth shut up and apologize, do not try to reason, the only solution is to apease by apologizing and saying "i'll make it up to you, i promise." Tip number three for tactfulness; lie to make them feel better, the second a girl says "do i look fat?" The immediate answer to come out is no, there is no looking up and down, there is no "uhhhh" It's straight "NO! you look wonderful." as i am sure you know women have loaded questions such as this, now most often they are simple yes or no questions, now remeber the answer isn't always "no", so we use tip number 1, think to yourself "is this what she wants to hear?" if the answer is yes say it as soon as you come to this conclusion. Long periods of indecision are often more deadly then the wrong answer. Watch yourself and your mouth, more importantly, because we both know i wont always be there to catch your mistakes and help you fix them. remeber what i said and use the information with care.
-Kyle

Egg Nog
06-23-2004, 07:49 PM
You better not be dating a girl with a moustache ;)

mechanixfetch
06-23-2004, 08:06 PM
I see no moustache

bk4uyeah
06-23-2004, 09:10 PM
I too like girls w/o moustaches