PDA

View Full Version : wide body kit?

foto_choppa
06-24-2004, 11:54 PM
hey guys, could you please tell me on a scale of 1-10 *1 being worst* how good this wbk is?

im trying to get better at doing my "little thinggys" to add on to my chops. :)

EDIT: tell me what is wrong with it too, if there is something wrong :)

fpv_gtho
06-25-2004, 01:07 AM
i think its a pretty good attempt, the basic proportions are good but the quality of the chop at the front would be the only thing i can put my finger on thats holding it back

drakkie
06-25-2004, 01:12 AM
looks pretty neat to me

johnnynumfiv
06-25-2004, 06:31 AM
I'd give it a 8, that vent below the side mirror needs some work, make sure the lines are smooth and the shadows are right. good job though.

SPHFerrari
06-25-2004, 11:52 AM
did i miss something? all i see he did was put that line there. while i get where ur going with it, i think it looks horrible. not to bash you, but i feel some constructive criticizm is needed. i think you need to work on your airbrushing a bit. maybe try getting the left side, the one that sticks out, to be very very crisp, and the other side blend into the original color, as that side is mostly shadow. im not sure if thats the problem but something is off in this pic. on a scale of 1-10 i give it a 2. sry but thats my opinion.

EDIT: can i get the original? ive never tried a wbk and id like to see what i can do. thanx

Coventrysucks
06-25-2004, 12:07 PM
It is a bit wobbly looking.

Do the outline with the path tool, then colour in the middle, it'll look neater.
:)

foto_choppa
06-25-2004, 05:55 PM
did i miss something? all i see he did was put that line there. while i get where ur going with it, i think it looks horrible. not to bash you, but i feel some constructive criticizm is needed. i think you need to work on your airbrushing a bit. maybe try getting the left side, the one that sticks out, to be very very crisp, and the other side blend into the original color, as that side is mostly shadow. im not sure if thats the problem but something is off in this pic. on a scale of 1-10 i give it a 2. sry but thats my opinion.

EDIT: can i get the original? ive never tried a wbk and id like to see what i can do. thanx
thankyou, thankyou for being honest ****this reply is exactly what im looking for****

now here is the pic.i cant b bothered uploading so ill just post the link.
http://highresautoimages.com/lexus/is3002.html :D have fun.

foto_choppa
06-25-2004, 06:19 PM
please ignore the kit and lowering job, one error after another........

this is the sharpest i can get the line down the wbk without it looking like the one above :D i think i just should give up on wbk altogetrher

this is my 800th post for anyone that cares, nobody. ahh oh well..... :( :(

whiteballz
06-25-2004, 06:22 PM
try doing it the way i do. i will post a tut but will do a run down now.

okay, new layer then select with the POLY lasso tool around where you want the vent, on this, keep the outside part sharp and rounded, on the actual inside, (where you want it to smooth it into the car, the the selection run alot wider then where you want to air brush). now ger a big fuzzy brush and go around the outside of the selected area, and then slowly work your way into where you want it to end, untill you get the look right, because this is a seperate layer it dosent matter if you F**K up! well i will get to posting the real tut for you now.

painterr
06-25-2004, 06:41 PM
foto choppa here is one that has cleaner lines to it! It could still stand some more work but it was just a quite!!

foto_choppa
06-25-2004, 07:17 PM
yea, i cant get any cleaner, here is a pic of what i got to work with, no fuzzy brushes or any thing like that.its quite crappy.

baddabang
06-28-2004, 07:33 PM
yea, i cant get any cleaner, here is a pic of what i got to work with, no fuzzy brushes or any thing like that.its quite crappy.

Hey I use photoimpression also. any hints on doing carbon fiber? :)

Rican92Crx
06-29-2004, 11:53 AM
On a scale form one to ten the back of it is nice the front is a little tacky so i give it like a 7 or 7.5