PDA

View Full Version : Jeep+Ferrari=Jerrari

porlamfer
06-25-2004, 01:20 AM
When you see this car, you will shout: "Oh, my god! What's this?" Now I tell you: It is Jerrari. In fact, it is a custom JEEP.This one-off melds a 1969 Jeep Wagoneer body with a Ferrari 365 GT front end.Although retro fitted with a 350 CID, V-8, it can easily be fitted for its original V-12 powerplant.Midway through an extensive restoration, this one of a kind project car is a collectors dream.
Story by www.barrett-jackson.com

<<CAR EXPERT>>
06-25-2004, 03:16 AM
eeeeee.... the mixture of jeep and ferrari doesn't looks, normal.

the car is wierd and odd

GTR Dreamer
06-25-2004, 03:20 AM
it looks bloddy odd. why would ya want something like that?
collectors item i guess
?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????

cuntukimushroom
06-25-2004, 10:20 AM
whatta bout a off-road enzo thatll be cool i drew one but i don think its gd ;)

GTR Dreamer
06-25-2004, 12:45 PM
now that'd be MEAN :D

drakkie
06-29-2004, 01:17 AM
seems pretty handy to me.As fast as a ferrari and as much space as an MPV!?!?!?!?!?! :eek:

Bravawatch
06-29-2004, 02:27 PM
But I can't remember where, of a Daytona engine (365GTB4) shoehorned into a Wagoneer engine bay. I also vaguely remember, but I might very well be wrong, that it was commissioned by Briggs Cunningham. The pics showed no exterior mods such as that Ferrari nose. This was the ultimate Q-Jeep. A T-Rex in bunnie-wunnie clothing.

Regards,

Brava

Ferrari Tifosi
06-29-2004, 08:54 PM
AHHHH, NOOOOOO, that guy should be exiled to outer space.

DieterCabral
06-29-2004, 09:38 PM
mmm... maybe I'd try mixing a Kubang with a 550 Barchetta Pinin... that would be interesting... or a Cayenne Turbo with a Koenigsegg CCR... :cool: :cool:

mmm... I wish I could make a good chop of that... guess I'm not that good with Photoshop :(

Bravawatch
06-30-2004, 02:53 AM
I wouldn't want to mix the Kubang with anything. It's perfect as it is. C'mon Ferrari, build the Kubang, you know it makes sense. :D

Regards,

Brava

SIMPLETON
06-30-2004, 07:16 PM
Somebody must have had a pure stroke of "jenious" to come up with a Jerrari. The best screen resolution to veiw this at is "off"

The best combination I can think of is:

Viper+ Corvette= Viette

*Ok, so its not a good name' but it would look good*

Bravawatch
07-01-2004, 12:53 AM
Ferreep?

gow589
10-19-2004, 01:28 PM
I like Jeep and I like Ferrari but that's like my sister dating my brother. You know, not right.

QuattroMan
10-21-2004, 09:59 AM
When you see this car, you will shout: "Oh, my god! What's this?" Now I tell you: It is Jerrari. In fact, it is a custom JEEP.This one-off melds a 1969 Jeep Wagoneer body with a Ferrari 365 GT front end.Although retro fitted with a 350 CID, V-8, it can easily be fitted for its original V-12 powerplant.Midway through an extensive restoration, this one of a kind project car is a collectors dream.
Story by www.barrett-jackson.com

this is so funnnnnyyyy!!! it is coolllll

Matt
10-21-2004, 10:58 AM
There's a Jerrari at the Harrah's National Automobile Museum in Reno, Nevada as well. It's a regular Jeep Grand Wagoneer with a V12 from a Testarossa and a 5-speed Ferrari tranny in it.

Here's some info
http://www.ifsja.org/museum.shtml

giraldi
11-08-2004, 12:22 PM
???? quest que ce?

Nogger
11-10-2004, 11:12 AM
I can't see how that could be a collectors item...

PerfAdv
11-10-2004, 05:09 PM
Think about it. Conceptually the Jerrari is what so many popular SUVs have become. ML55, Cayenne, X5 4.8, and FX45 to name a few. Only the Jerrari is more upfront about its dubious purpose.

For my odd combo: how about a Suzuki Swift Stretch limo powered by a rear-mounted Porsche power plant. Codenamed the PoSSS. Oops, I hope some rich eccentric isn't reading this :)

lambo GT
11-20-2004, 01:57 PM
i think it is stupid. i also think porsche making a 4x4 is stupid. THEY MAKE FAST CARS NOT OFF ROAD CARS. whoever came up with the idea must have been a rookie to the company

nopassn
11-29-2004, 08:35 PM
The Jerrari - From Harrah's in Reno...

EDIT: I took these pics, Matt was there too...

nopassn
11-29-2004, 08:36 PM
a couple more....

and just to set the record straight. It has an engine from a Ferrari 365 GTC/4...

EDIT: I took these pics, Matt was there too...

jcp123
11-29-2004, 08:42 PM
Pretty bad idea if you ask me. You could never actually off-road in it. Pretty nice execution though.

Radoman
12-01-2004, 02:10 AM
yuck. It looks horrid, and a complete waste of a Ferrari. And if the back end was wrecked, just send it to the junkyard and let it die an honourable death.

autotronic
05-20-2008, 10:25 AM
I am somewhat familiar with the Jerrari on eBay, referred to as Jerrari #1 and spoke with the seller about it on Saturday when he fully expected it to make the reserve based on all the Interest in the Jerrari on the Internet. Piecing together what I knew from the Road and Track review, the letter that the seller has from when the Jerrari body was sold by the Harrah's Automotive Collection, and my own visit to see Jerrari #2 which currently resides in the National Automotive Museum in Reno, Nevada.

You can read my blog on the Jerrari at:

Automotive Traveler - What Do You Get When You Mate a Ferrari 365GT and Jeep Wagoneer? (http://www.automotivetraveler.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=261&Itemid=124)

Today, when organizing things in my office I came across some materials I have, dating back to 1984 from the Harrah's Automobile Collection with regard to the Jerrari. I plan to update the above post in the next day or two, after I verify the inforamtion, which will shed some additional light on the relationship between both of Bill Harrah's Jerraris. When you think of it, this is the historic precursor of the modern all-wheel-drive performance-oriented SUV, dare I say it was the Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 or Porsche Cayenne Turbo S of its time.

Richard Truesdell
Editorial Director, Automotive Traveler (http://www.automotivetraveler.com)

NSXType-R
05-20-2008, 11:47 AM
This is one strange combination. How'd they make the suspension work properly? I'm sure the height of the Jeep doesn't match the height of the Ferrari front. Must be one weird conversion.

Sledgehammer
05-20-2008, 03:57 PM
Certainly a weird conversion but I cant help but just think.

..............Why?..............

fisetdavid26
05-20-2008, 04:35 PM
That thing fails on so many levels. All of them, actually.

kingrabbit
05-20-2008, 09:44 PM
oh nice!

dave o
05-22-2008, 05:46 PM
Greetings everyone,

With first hand experience, I am pleased to share. My father began with Mr. Harrah in the formation years of the Collection. I later worked at H.A.C., with over three decades at the Collection, I know both Jerrari #1 (the original) and Jerrari #2. The “why” behind the first car is Mr. Harrah’s love of the Ferrari, and a unique request that he had made. Mr. Harrah wanted a vehicle that he could use to travel from Harrah’s in Reno to Harrah’s properties in Lake Tahoe year-round. Our challenge was to build this visionary car. After accomplishing the task, the car was highly acclaimed by Road & Track and others. The original color was a beautiful custom cream color, painted by us. The green repaint as noted in this post, I believe just is not the same. Why a second Jerrari? There came a time in Mr. Harrah’s life that personal security was an utmost need. Because the original car was so noticeable, Mr. Harrah challenged us again. The second concept car still possessed the qualities of the first, but was less noticeable. Unless what looked like a Jeep Wagoneer pulled along side of you and the Ferrari rumble was heard, or maybe you were left at the stop light wondering, you wouldn’t know. I was fortunate to drive both Jerraris. I will be sharing my personal experiences in a book I am writing regarding the three decades at Harrah’s Automobile Collection.

Hope this helps :)
Dave O

Fiatpwr
05-23-2008, 04:25 AM
If your as rich as Bill Harah, and have a spare V-12 around, Why not?:p

jeepman84
05-13-2009, 12:29 PM
ha i should do that to my wagoneer

cargirl1990
05-13-2009, 10:26 PM
Story by Barrett-Jackson - The World's Greatest Collector Car Events (http://www.barrett-jackson.com)

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!:eek:
WHY WOULD YOU RUIN AN OLDSCHOOL FERRARI, THATS JUST WRONG.

DesmoRob
05-16-2009, 12:40 AM
If Dr. Frankenstein built a car...