PDA

View Full Version : ALMS race

NAZCA C2
06-27-2004, 07:01 PM
Went to the Mid-Ohio ALMS race today. Overall it was a cool event. Got to see 4 different races. First race was a Formula Ford Zetec race (open wheel cars). Then there was a SPEED GT race (modified Vette's, Vipers, Porsche 911 GT2's, ect). Next was a pro Miata race (not too fast but the racing was close). Then the main event. The Champion Audi and Dyson prototypes were battling for most of the race which was cool. The Murcielago R-GT was real loud and high pitched sounding (made my head hurt after a while). It was good to see the new Panoz running 1st in class for a while until it had a run-in with the second place Porsche. It would have been better if there were more cars but it was still a good race. I'll post some pics in the multimedia room.

Sweeney921
06-27-2004, 07:16 PM
sounds like a very nice day

NAZCA C2
06-27-2004, 07:44 PM
Hey Sweeney, You should go to VIR (Virginai International Raceway). There's should be some good racing there.

Ferrari Tifosi
06-27-2004, 09:56 PM
Sounds like lots of fun. You didn't catch the Speed Touring Car race? Anyways, I can't wait until Petit LeMans!!!!!!

DasModell
06-28-2004, 03:23 AM
i can't wait for LeMans ... next year :( :( :(

NAZCA C2
06-28-2004, 09:32 AM
Sounds like lots of fun. You didn't catch the Speed Touring Car race? Anyways, I can't wait until Petit LeMans!!!!!!

I didnt see the Speed Touring Car race (which was on Saturday) but I did see the Speed GT race. The GT cars sounded awesome! I think the GT race was the highlight of the day.