PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice: PS2 or XBOX

werty
06-29-2004, 02:55 PM
ok, i'm going to buy either one in about 30 mintues...which one should i buy???

i want the ps2 for gt4, but then there is halo 2 for xbox....

i'm having a hard time choosing can someone give me some advice or suggestions....

and don't post the link to the poll about which is better...i already read it but want personal advice from members

thanks

werty
06-29-2004, 03:03 PM
never mind...no one i know is on ucp right now, i'll tell you what i got later

RJ 21
06-29-2004, 03:15 PM
XBOX!! Don't commit suicide kid! Forget PS2! I have both and Xbox kills the PS2. In terms of quantity... No, but quality? Hell yes! Trust me, get an X. YOu won't regret it.

bk4uyeah
06-29-2004, 03:18 PM
i have a xbox, i love it to death, maybe too much... however i will always kick my self because i cant purchase GT4

MrVette83
06-29-2004, 03:47 PM
I own an XBOX and absolutely love it, I agree with the quantity vs. quality statement earlier as well.

stratos
06-29-2004, 03:57 PM
i think taht ps2 its better bacuase it haves more car games than xbox .... the game pad its better .... but the xbox haves better image quality .... and i think that ps2 its more cheap that the xbox .. at least on portugal :rolleyes:

Cotterik
06-29-2004, 04:31 PM
ahh, the good old console battle :o
The Xbox for its amazing graphics and online gameplay, and the PS2 for its uneatable games and the fact that everyones got one means more fun!!
I myself own a PS2 and am spoilt for choice with the games, i do admit games like Halo and Project Gotham racing i would like to see on PS2 but hardly any of the games i like most are actually made for the Xbox so i never saw the point in getting one. Although the xbox has the best graphics, it doesnt mean better gameplay, remember that.

As for racing games, its obvious to get a PS2, Gran Turismo 4 comin out its worth buyin a PS2 just for that :D Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas comin out, Need For Speed Underground 2, Driver 3 is out, games like Hitman 3, Metal Gear Solid 3, etc etc etc are also released before christmas :) Get a PS2.

MrVette83
06-29-2004, 04:37 PM
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas comin out, Need For Speed Underground 2, Driver 3 is out, games like Hitman 3,etc etc etc are also released before christmas :) Get a PS2.

These are games on both systems. As I write this my cousin is playing Hitman 3 (Contracts) on XBOX.

stratos
06-29-2004, 04:42 PM
These are games on both systems. As I write this my cousin is playing Hitman 3 (Contracts) on XBOX.

its hitman 3 good MrVette83 ?? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

MrVette83
06-29-2004, 04:47 PM
its hitman 3 good MrVette83 ?? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

"Yeah, it's not too bad, especially if you like the second one." That's a direct quote from my cousin. I personally lack the patience to play that game the way it was intended to be played and enjoyed. At the moment I'm on my XBOX trying to find all the hidden packages on Vice City. 29 down, 71 to go.

stratos
06-29-2004, 04:53 PM
"Yeah, it's not too bad, especially if you like the second one." That's a direct quote from my cousin. I personally lack the patience to play that game the way it was intended to be played and enjoyed. At the moment I'm on my XBOX trying to find all the hidden packages on Vice City. 29 down, 71 to go.

thanks a lot MrVette83 cousin :) ... and good luck on vice city MrVette83 :)

Sweeney921
06-29-2004, 06:39 PM
xbox destroys ps2, especially if you have a high-speed internet connection (for obvious reasons).

Ferrari Tifosi
06-29-2004, 08:30 PM
PS2, because X-box annoys the hell out of me. One little finger print on a disc and the damn thing won't read, same thing with a tiny insignificant scratch. Also the are no damn screens popping up saying NETWORK ERROR with the PS2, when there is no network!!!! AHHHHH i hate X-box, except for Halo and the soon to be Halo 2.

Mr. Orange
06-29-2004, 09:24 PM
PS2, because X-box annoys the hell out of me. One little finger print on a disc and the damn thing won't read, same thing with a tiny insignificant scratch. Also the are no damn screens popping up saying NETWORK ERROR with the PS2, when there is no network!!!! AHHHHH i hate X-box, except for Halo and the soon to be Halo 2.

Magnificently put...Ferrari

Dont forget GT4!!!!Grand Theft Auto:SA!!!!!MGS3!!!!! ONLY PS2!!!!
sure i love Halo and Halo2 will be awesome but to me thats all xbox is good for including the graphics(wich dont bother me either way) Halo2 will become popular but not nearly as popular as much as GTA San Andreas itself(let alon GT4 and MGS3!!) :D

No ofense to you Werty if you just couldnt afford it but if you could..,
Why The Hell Dont You Already Have An Xbox Or PS2?!?! :eek: :D

Oxeymoran
06-29-2004, 09:28 PM
Sure you can go with the X just for the graphics alone and a couple good games, i.e. halo and halo2, but c'mon man ps2 has the best games around. I'm not going to mention them because they have already been mentioned. Pick up a ps2 you won't regret it.

RJ 21
06-29-2004, 09:29 PM
Dude, one of my games (ESPN NBA Basketball 2K4) Got a bunch of big scratches on like half of it and it plays perfect! PS2 games suck ass. Once they get a scratch you gotta forget about it. I hate PS2 and Game Square. I love the XBOX. Simply put, the best console in all of the IMPORTANT aspects of gaming. Especially since XBOX's graphics make PS2 Graphics look like a damn SNES!!!

werty
06-30-2004, 02:14 PM
well i know some of you may be disappointed, but i bought a PS2.

I figured i would want gt4 more than halo2, and anyways i have a job now and in three days time could buy an xbox as well, which i might do. Then i'll have all three systems and will be able to buy all special title games.

Anyways my ps2 came with the modem for online gaming for free, and with a free atv racing game. Then i also bought spiderman 2 for the ps2 and its sooooooo good. Anyways thanks for your opinions and thoughts. Hopefully by next week i'll have the xbox as well.

byronleehk
06-30-2004, 02:55 PM
I went through the same process (last week) as you did werty and I also bought a ps2. The reason...GT4! sad isn't it? :p