PDA

View Full Version : Car problems thread

Karrmann
07-03-2004, 04:26 PM
post any problems you have and I will try to solve them.

megotmea7
07-03-2004, 06:04 PM
i just bought cams and sprokets for my RX-7 and i cant figure out where they go ;) :confused:

Sweeney921
07-03-2004, 08:53 PM
never good

Egg Nog
07-04-2004, 04:21 AM
I am having issues with the isostatic pressure capacitor in the tertiary inginition subsystem. It keeps fortuitously sending dielectric ERM signals to the wrong set of routing modules. I phoned "Auto Parts Plus" but they couldn't help me out...

johnnynumfiv
07-04-2004, 06:53 AM
This is serious now, I just put a new(er) generator, voltage regulator, checked all the fuses and check most connections on my midget. But my car won't produce any electricity, I have to recharge and recharge the battery all the time. I am stumped to what is causing this. :confused:

Matra et Alpine
07-04-2004, 08:37 AM
This is serious now, I just put a new(er) generator, voltage regulator, checked all the fuses and check most connections on my midget. But my car won't produce any electricity, I have to recharge and recharge the battery all the time. I am stumped to what is causing this. :confused:
Alternator or dynamo ?
Did you put the fan belt back on :)

Karrmann
07-04-2004, 12:53 PM
i just bought cams and sprokets for my RX-7 and i cant figure out where they go ;) :confused:

hmmmmm, i'm stumped with that one, try reading a chiltons auto repair manual.

Karrmann
07-04-2004, 12:55 PM
I am having issues with the isostatic pressure capacitor in the tertiary inginition subsystem. It keeps fortuitously sending dielectric ERM signals to the wrong set of routing modules. I phoned "Auto Parts Plus" but they couldn't help me out...

I say check your wireing to see if it is connected properly and e erything is in right. after you do that tell me if there still is a problem.

johnnynumfiv
07-04-2004, 04:26 PM
Alternator or dynamo ?
Did you put the fan belt back on :)

Its a generator not an alternator. Do you have any ideas what could be causing the problem matra?

Egg Nog
07-04-2004, 05:16 PM
This thread is uncannily awesome.

Matra et Alpine
Its a generator not an alternator. Do you have any ideas what could be causing the problem matra?

Sure it's the right versions ? . I wonder if you've a mix of new generator and reg for ealier version.
Just wanting to check the obviosu first :)

So, what changed that stopped it working and started the replacements ??

Can you get a voltmeter ?
Check the voltage across the battery when ignition off, ignition on and engine running. Post the 3 voltages here.

Karrmann
thank you.

megotmea7
07-04-2004, 07:34 PM
and all i do is laugh... :D :D

johnnynumfiv
07-06-2004, 08:06 AM
Sure it's the right versions ? . I wonder if you've a mix of new generator and reg for ealier version.
Just wanting to check the obviosu first :)

So, what changed that stopped it working and started the replacements ??

Can you get a voltmeter ?
Check the voltage across the battery when ignition off, ignition on and engine running. Post the 3 voltages here.

When the car was bought, it wasn't working. So, i've been replacing the battery and charging the battery with a charger for about 2 years now. the replacement volt reg is a lucas one that is supposedly for 1275's. The generator is from an earlier car, but i had it checked at a local shop and they said it is fine, so i put it in and it still didn't work. I'll do the volt meter thing tomorrow when i'm going to be workin on it. I'll post them for you. Also, the light in the interior that shows when the battery needs charging has never worked, and the problem is not the bulb.

Matra et Alpine
07-06-2004, 08:20 AM
When the car was bought, it wasn't working. ......... Also, the light in the interior that shows when the battery needs charging has never worked, and the problem is not the bulb.
Hmmmm :(

You need to get the model numbers off the dynamo and the regulator and I know someone who can tell me right away if they're the right match.

Also, do you know what year the wiring loom is from ? Again, there were differences. The most substantial being the change from positive to negative earth in the 60s !!!

baddabang
07-06-2004, 09:05 AM
I have a problem with the good old blazer. when I start of its in first gear and I can hear a Lound ticking noise such as a rock in a hubcap. but thats not what it is. I think its coming from the tranny. It also likes to switch itself into 4wheel high when I go down the road. That I think was something wrong that chevy had that just came about. I just havent taken it to the dealer yet to see. Any ideas?

Karrmann
07-06-2004, 11:56 AM
I suggest you check the switch and any parts that relate to it.

johnnynumfiv
07-06-2004, 07:29 PM
As far as I know, its 1970 wiring, well it was made in 69 if that makes a difference.