PDA

View Full Version : Airplane Home

Niko_Fx
07-05-2004, 04:58 PM
This is crazy.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=26428&item=2482720847&rd=1

Ferrari Tifosi
07-05-2004, 05:03 PM
WOW! :eek: I've never seen anything like that before.

Coventrysucks
07-05-2004, 07:28 PM
You'd never get planning permission

It is too small for that money

Everyone will think your a dick

Terrorists will steal your house and fly it into things

You'll look like a dick

It'll fall over in high winds

You'll look like a dick.

Americans, what will they think of next?
:)

Ferrari Tifosi
07-05-2004, 07:47 PM
You'd never get planning permission

It is too small for that money

Everyone will think your a dick

Terrorists will steal your house and fly it into things

You'll look like a dick

It'll fall over in high winds

You'll look like a dick.

Americans, what will they think of next?
:)

I don't know, but I do know my fellow Americans are great at picking the most random stuff and selling it. America's great at advertising, developing, manufacturing, and selling pure, non-purposful, bullshit, like fake dog crap. WTF!?!?!?!? :confused:

megotmea7
07-06-2004, 01:43 AM
WOW! :eek: I've never seen anything like that before.
i have, id rather not talk about it :(

UK CARS
07-06-2004, 08:42 AM
I use to live in a aircraft!

I use to think my house was a spaceship.

cls12vg30
07-06-2004, 11:03 AM
I've seen 727's turned into homes before, but never mounted on a big pedastal and allowed to weathervane with the wing? Wouldn't that get really annoying, your house always spinning around?

Usually they are securely anchored into the ground, and the wings are removed. They actually make very practical homes for one or two people this way, they are well insulated of course and fire-retardent, will not be damaged by wind, and are very structurally sound. The 727 is commonly used because it is quite a large aircraft, which was made for a long time, lots were built, and almost all have now been retired (partially due to the fact that it was one of the LOUDEST airliners ever.) So 727 fuselages are relatively abundant, after all it was a 727 fuselage they found at the Salman Pak terrorist training facility in Iraq.
One guy I know of who made a 727 home even made a little balcony inside the intake for the upper tail-mounted engine. (The engines are of course removed.) But that guy did the whole house for less than a hundred grand. And it was built in a pretty rural area where there is no zoning or other such regulations.

byronleehk
07-06-2004, 11:18 AM
It'll be so cool to have one of these over water...

Matt
07-06-2004, 11:27 AM
I use to live in a aircraft!

I use to think my house was a spaceship.

Knowing you, your house probably WAS a spaceship. ;)