PDA

View Full Version : What ?? Audi vs Jaguar ?!!

Misho
07-11-2003, 06:53 AM
Has anyone ever though of comparing Audi and Jaguar ?!!! They both seem to be struggling to get some attention from Mercedes and BMW and always get compared to these benchmarks. Many of their products can be compared together, the A4 to the X-type, the A6 to the S-type, the sporty S (Audi) and R (Jag) versions . . .

Millertime
07-13-2003, 12:02 AM
european cars are teh sux0rs

theyyre small.

Good luxury cars are big like lincolns or cadilacs.

fpv_gtho
07-13-2003, 04:16 AM
american cars dont use their size wisely. eurpoean cars out of amercan, jap, aussie and themselves probably use the space best. the only ones that could come close is the japs

Rob
07-13-2003, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by Misho
Has anyone ever though of comparing Audi and Jaguar ?!!! They both seem to be struggling to get some attention from Mercedes and BMW and always get compared to these benchmarks. Many of their products can be compared together, the A4 to the X-type, the A6 to the S-type, the sporty S (Audi) and R (Jag) versions . . .

I read a test in a Dutch magazine, Audi A8 vs Jaguar XJ6, they prefered the Jag because it's cheaper, it has great handling and it's more confortable to drive.

Hoonda
07-13-2003, 11:23 PM
I'll take an Audi. Jaguar has the better looks IMO, but the build quality is quickly plummeting. They're basically becoming overrated Fords.

motorhead
07-16-2003, 04:12 AM
Has anyone ever though of comparing Audi and Jaguar ?!!! They both seem to be struggling to get some attention from Mercedes and BMW and always get compared to these benchmarks. Many of their products can be compared together, the A4 to the X-type, the A6 to the S-type, the sporty S (Audi) and R (Jag) versions . . . i think you are seriously mad

Misho
07-16-2003, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by motorhead
i think you are seriously mad

Why ??? I know you a serious Audi fan, but Jaguar make some pretty good cars too. They have a different approach than Audi. I also think they have more class than Audi, BMW and Mercedes.

motorhead
07-18-2003, 01:10 AM
Why ??? I know you a serious Audi fan, but Jaguar make some pretty good cars too. They have a different approach than Audi. I also think they have more class than Audi, BMW and Mercedes. audi is not struggling to get attention for heaven sakes

Misho
07-18-2003, 06:08 AM
they are struggling to get sales. MB and BMW have a much larger market share in all categories especially in the luxury car department.

motorhead
07-19-2003, 09:44 AM
they are struggling to get sales. MB and BMW have a much larger market share in all categories especially in the luxury car department. yeah thats damn strange but the thing is they are still doing well - how good can they be?

Lagonda
08-14-2003, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by motorhead
yeah thats damn strange but the thing is they are still doing well - how good can they be?

That's not strange, Mercedes and BMW have a better image.

gabriel
08-14-2003, 04:26 PM
If you want to know which of the two has more class... ask an African. cuz for an African to say he prefers a Jaguar to an Audi then you must face the fact that before Audi could spell CLASS Jaguar had already begun making cars that had it.

crisis
08-14-2003, 10:39 PM
For all of their "class" Jaguars were always unreliable overdone and typically British. (I mean that in a derogatory way). If they have improved in any way in the areas of build quality and reliability they would have only caught the likes of Audi at best. In my humble opinion I prefer the look of the later model Jags to the rather conservative Audis though.

LEGALLYINSANE
08-18-2003, 12:34 PM
Audi is WAY better than Jaguar. No Jaguar can be compared to the looks and performance of the S4. Plus, Jaguar is owned by Ford, which is not one of my top favorite car companies.

Batmobile_Turbo
08-19-2003, 10:04 PM
i think that the audi cars are just plain boring to look at (exept the TT.) i admit that audi are of high quality and have good performance but jags have cooler looks and better performance despite the ford-ization of jaguar

xkr faster than the TT, xjr faster than the s4

piledriver
08-20-2003, 08:57 AM
The jaguarīs era was until 60īs when at 50īs they won lemans and has many cool cars, but now with ford owning the company, theyīre just another car brand...
But AUDI in the last 10 years was keeping its place in the market, with so many good cars and also winning Lemans in order to gain "image"

AUDI is german, and germans know how to make cars...