PDA

View Full Version : Mivec

GTR Dreamer
07-08-2004, 06:10 PM
well, what does mivec mean, and what does it do? :confused:

SPN:DOC
07-08-2004, 06:52 PM
hmmm.. to my understanding its very similar to Vtec... Variable valve timing.. am i right... :o

TheOne
07-08-2004, 07:10 PM
Mitsubishi Innovative Valve timing and lift Electronic Control (Mivec) is like a VTEC made for hondas, but this time made by mitsubishi & for mitsubishi, it doesn't create as much power as vtec does but it uses kind of the same technology. mostly used in lancer's and some other cars.

P.S. Google (http://www.google.com) might help ya better:)

fpv_gtho
07-08-2004, 07:32 PM
i dont know of any system thats matced VTEC's efficiency, so does it carry any weight saying that MIVEC doesnt match VTEC?

Ferrari Tifosi
07-08-2004, 08:47 PM
i dont know of any system thats matced VTEC's efficiency, so does it carry any weight saying that MIVEC doesnt match VTEC?

BMW's VAVLETRONIC and Double VANOS systems are probably the best varialbe valve timing and lift controling systems out in a production. Their systems makes VTEC look like childs play. Its great because it is infinitely variable.

BMW also has the cool infinitely variable intake manifold. I love German engineering :D .

DasModell
07-09-2004, 09:57 AM
the Toyota VVTi sytem is also good

SilverArrowZ
07-19-2004, 08:29 AM
VVTi is only variable vavle timing with inteligent. It switches on by detecting how much gas you give it instead of VTEC which is activated at a certain rev. The power it produce is WAY lower than VTEC since it does not have variable valve lift. You can however have the same power as a VTEC but you'll need a high lift racing cam, which sacrifice fuel economy. Beauty of VTEC is your mom can save fuel while cruising and you can enjoy the power just to outrun that anoying car tailgating you.

Anybody know what the heck is VVTLi?? the extra "L" gives me the idea of "lift" as if in VTEC tech.

Mivec is in 4G92 right?

fpv_gtho
07-20-2004, 12:26 AM
yeah VVTLi has valve lift, the only engine i know of though that has it is the Celica's 140kw 1.8L

SilverArrowZ
07-21-2004, 08:23 AM
hey it matches the B18C in term of power ^_^ but why on celica only?

megotmea7
07-24-2004, 01:55 AM
hey it matches the B18C in term of power ^_^ but why on celica only?
toyota uses VVTi on many of its cars, the toyota altezza/lexus IS300 uses it on its 2.5 liter inline 6. the late model MkIV supras used it. many cars high level lexuses use it. they just dont trumpet it and post stickers across the side of the car like honda and its vtec

fpv_gtho
07-24-2004, 01:57 AM
i think he was refering to Toyota's use of VVTL-i, not VVT-i