PDA

View Full Version : Bernie bad for F1 ??

Matra et Alpine
07-09-2004, 09:43 AM
Has the poisoned dwarf bitten off more than he can chew ??

http://www.itv-f1.com/Silverstone.aspx?type=SILVERSTONE_NEWS&PO_ID=30625
Bernie Ecclestone has threatened to ‘wrap Jackie Stewart’s kilt round his head’ over claims he had gone back on his word.

Personaly it's time Bernie and Mosley were BOTH out of the scene and let folks like JYS who cares about the drivers, teams and spectators as much as the business. BE has only cared about how much money to make.

Can't wait to hear JYS' reply.

fpv_gtho
07-09-2004, 09:50 AM
I think theres something about being at the top of a highly popular motorsport. The head honcho of V8 Supercars, Tony Cochrane has many times gone for the wuick buck rather than please the drivers and fans

Matra et Alpine
07-09-2004, 04:39 PM
Rumour that Jean Todt may take over from Max as head of FIA.

Mosley reported as saying he didn't think the close relationship he had with Bernie woudl exist again.

Hopefully that's true, having an FIA president who was Bernie's lapdog just made the FIA a pointless organisation !!

Personally, I'd prefer to see Jackie Stewart as a better choice than JT, but I guess Todt brings an experince in rallying as well as racing to the table which the FIA would benefit from.

Who do YOU think shoudl replace Max ?

Alcomet
07-09-2004, 04:55 PM
The Problem with all this lies in the fact that everybody as a finacial interest of their own to defend/maintain and puts the Sport in second place....

fpv_gtho
07-09-2004, 10:30 PM
Personally, I'd prefer to see Jackie Stewart as a better choice than JT, but I guess Todt brings an experince in rallying as well as racing to the table which the FIA would benefit from.

Who do YOU think shoudl replace Max ?

Well from all ive heard about Jackie Stewart, i believe he would be the peoples choice for the position. Being a previous racer he would understand the needs of everyone a lil better i believe, but i wont say any more cause the only other thing i know about JS is he's been talking to Webber alot this year :p