PDA

View Full Version : Most Entertaining Racing Series

Smokescreen
07-14-2004, 02:41 PM
I have to go with.......NASCAR.

EDIT: this is about what kind of racing is better to watch, the one with more drama; lead changes, close calls, tension that kind of stuff.

Niko_Fx
07-14-2004, 02:47 PM
NASCAR?? You've got to be kidding me.

Coventrysucks
07-14-2004, 02:52 PM
We've done this before.

IIRC most people who aren't American seemed to agree in general that NASCAR is crap. Then most of the people who are American said that, no, it wasn't crap, and we should all stop commenting on things we know nothing about.

Personally, when NASCAR follows Aussie V8 Supercars on the television I tend to find something better to watch/ do.
:)

Sweeney921
07-14-2004, 02:55 PM
i think formula 1 is the most entertaining series, but only when schumacher is in the race (i love watching him race). it actually makes me laugh sometimes when he passes other drivers.

Smokescreen
07-14-2004, 02:56 PM
No, I'm not. It's actuall racing. Not the fastest of motorsport or the most technically advanced, but damn good racing. How many drivers have a shot at winning the champion ship in F1? one. There are gonna be ten races at the end of this season that will be some of the best ever. the top ten driver along with all those within 400 point of first will be given enough points to put the rest of the driver unable to win the champions ship. then they will be put 5 points apart (1st:1000pts, 2nd: 995pts, 3rd:990pts etc.) now that will be good racing to watch, and you can't convince me other wise. And don't give the "hicks in circles" shit either. The restarts are great to watch, and NASCAR has drivers that will do whatever it takes win (last week at Chicago, Tony Stewart:D)

Coventrysucks
07-14-2004, 02:59 PM
F1/F3000 - F1 is incredibly dull in terms of racing quality. F3000 is much more exciting.

NASCAR Nextel Cup/Busch Series - *yawn*

IRL - We never get to see much of it, although I don't have high hopes for it.

Endurance races - Top stuff.

WRC - Great driving, not great racing.

Touring cars (trans am, AMLS, Le Mans) - AMLS and Le Mans aren't touring cars they are prototype / GT races. Touring cars are: BTCC, ETCC, DTM, V8 Supercars. Also top stuff.

Sprint cars/Midgets - Don't see much of them either.

Matra et Alpine
07-14-2004, 03:18 PM
I also think there are 3 camps of those who watch races ....

1. The morbids. They'll watch anything as long as there is a chance of a horrific pile-up

2. The tech-heads. They watch to see the cars and the more of them in one place the better. Lots of overtaking, wing bashing, door leaning the better.

3. The skill-heads. They watch to see a driver exact the perfect lap from the machinery. Lap after lap.

I'm a 2 1/2 and occasionaly will confess to a 1.

Coventrysucks
07-14-2004, 03:33 PM

1. The morbids. They'll watch anything as long as there is a chance of a horrific pile-up

2. The tech-heads. They watch to see the cars and the more of them in one place the better. Lots of overtaking, wing bashing, door leaning the better.

3. The skill-heads. They watch to see a driver exact the perfect lap from the machinery. Lap after lap.

I'm mostly 2 but definately approve of a skillful driver.
:)

AKlingel
07-14-2004, 04:36 PM
I don't know if this thread is intended to cover all forms of motorsports or simply "car" racing, but I would like to say that IMO the MotoGP series it the most exciting and entertaining racing to watch. Those bikes are insanely fast, and their is a good amount of overtaking. Also, I like that the length of the race is not short, but it's not long either, the race length is just about right to sit down and enjoy on a sunday afternoon. The series is competitive, action packed, and for my money the most entertaining racing I have seen.

When it comes to "car" racing I would say I would vote for anything like GT, or GTS racing or even TransAm. Bigger, full fendered car's banging door handles is also great stuff. I like the Speed world challenge GT cars, but I don't catch them on the TV much anymore.

Karrmann
07-14-2004, 05:50 PM
tie of NASCAR and Grand Touring.

r1ckst4
07-14-2004, 07:38 PM

I'm a bit of number two and a bit of number 3

Most entertaining racing series?
Formula 1 and Indy... very entertaining...but f1 gets a lil boring now since the guy M.S has won 10 out of 11 GP this season

scubasteve87
07-14-2004, 09:29 PM
I'd say the IRL, admitedley I'm a little biased because I live in Indy, but I do think it's the most exciting. They run at 200+ almost all the time, and all their finishes (except for Indy) seem to come to the last lap. There's also a fair share of bumping, grinding, and lead changes to go along. And, for those of you who don't like the IRL due to its all oval schedule, its adding road courses soon.

fpv_gtho
07-15-2004, 01:53 AM

im a 2 most of the time. i show traits of a 3 though. i couldnt stand to be a 1 though, most of the good crashes ive seen, whilst good to watch, disrupt the racing by bringing out the safety car for AGES

I think V8 Supercars i the most entertaining, with under 2 seconds seperating the whole field in performance, the cars are regularly making contact, overtaking, having a fight for pitstops and other things. the starts can be petty interesting as well

SIMPLETON
07-15-2004, 09:29 AM
ALMS GTS class or F1

ALMS GTS class because of best battle in AMerican motorsport- Corvette vs. Ferrari

F1 because of the technology and I just envy Schumacher's skill

Mustang
07-15-2004, 10:19 AM
Has to be WRC

stratos
07-15-2004, 10:47 AM
i voted in wrc because i yhink that rallys are very entertaining because there are always some "fights" ....

Ferrari Tifosi
07-18-2004, 06:29 PM
I enjoy F1 and Moto Gp the most, but I also love every form of motorsport.