PDA

View Full Version : the replacement of Pizzonia instead of Marc Gene

Ford Capri 2.8i
07-17-2004, 03:35 PM
Id like to get the personal opinion of the members who take part in this forum about this replacement.....i mean if this is a good decision from williams in order to get their best performances

In my opinion, Marc is quite faster than Pizzonia, and on the one hand Marc is not much slower than Ralf Schumacher, and Juan Pablo Montoya, and on the other hand, i dont fancy too much with the performances with the brazilian, in fact he didnt show his performances when he had the chance against Mark Webber in Jaguar...in fact the australian overshadowed the brazilian in 100% of the time

henk4
07-17-2004, 04:04 PM
the explanation will probably be money once more, Pizza might be bringing in some additional dough, while Gene already has a contract. Frank is a shrewd calculator.

Coventrysucks
07-17-2004, 04:22 PM
Marc Gene has almost no recent racing experience, and it shows as he is WAY down in qualifying and race pace compared to J-P Montoya.

Pizzonia does have more recent race experience, and is used to the one lap qualifying.

Gene doesn't have a clue when it comes to hot lapping the car, as he does long test sessions. He hasn't diven the car in its qualifying set up, and admitted he struggled to react to the difference that taking the fuel out made at Magny Cours.
:)

Homem de Gelo
07-18-2004, 08:07 AM
Gene has proved beyond doubt that he isn't top material orcut to be a driver at a top team. In his two races at Williams he was quite easily domionted by a unmotivated Montoya and also by other drivers in inferior cars. He showed no qualifying or race abilities and he simply underperformed all the time. Pizzonia didn't rock the world in his races at Jaguar, but one can argue that Jaguar favoured Webber and that they have never been a team capable of preparing two equally competitive cars.

I'm not so sure Pizzonia how will perform, but Williams won't lose a thing by experimenting and trying him.

Ferrari Tifosi
07-19-2004, 12:27 PM
Pizzonia set some very impressive times in testing last week as well, as he was faster than M. Schumacher at Jerez. We'll see if Pizzonia can step up to the challenge this weekend at Hockenheim, as he has been given the second seat at Williams.