PDA

View Full Version : I vote for an Ifb666 high res gallery!

werty
07-18-2004, 09:32 PM
You know ifb666 has posted alot of great high res pics on UCP. And i was thinking why not give him his own thread and have all his previous threads all combined into it,...like what matra did for me and my enzo collection.

IFB666 has been a member on UCP for quite awhile now and i don't think he gets enoguh credit for his great pcitures. so right now i say he should get his own thread for his great pics!

Does anyone else think this is a good idea? :)

Niko_Fx
07-18-2004, 09:35 PM
The problem is that he has 349 Threads and all are from different cars, if you mix them all together you are gonna get a big mess.

Maybe something like "Matt's high-res hide out" would be more convenient.

werty
07-18-2004, 09:38 PM
true, but they could separate the cars into sub catagories, like matts high res hide out

good point

Egg Nog
07-18-2004, 09:47 PM
The thing is that Matt posts media pictures that the manufacturers give to the press. That is what they are for. lfb666 posts pictures that people have simply taken. Not that I personally have a problem with pictures that he posts, it's just that it's a bit iffy to have a dedicated gallery under his name to post other people's photos.

werty
07-18-2004, 09:50 PM
it's just that it's a bit iffy to have a dedicated gallery under his name to post other people's photos.
thats all my thread is, i have never seen an enzo in person in my life

and my thread is only about one car....ifb666 has high res pics of alot of cars

i don't see the problem in giving him his own sticky thread

werty
07-18-2004, 09:52 PM
but hey your the moderator, and what you say goes, so if you think its a bad idea then thats fine, but i want to know if ifb666 would like this idea or if other members would like it as well, so it saves time instead of searching for his older threads, which by the way takes a long time

Egg Nog
07-18-2004, 09:58 PM
but hey your the moderator, and what you say goes, so if you think its a bad idea then thats fine, but i want to know if ifb666 would like this idea or if other members would like it as well, so it saves time instead of searching for his older threads, which by the way takes a long time

No, it's not my call :). I'm not really sure of the image usage issues, and in the end, it's Wouter's decision. I just wanted to present you guys with another side of the issue before you got too worked up about it.

By the way, just a slight correction, it's lfb666 :). (with a lowercase L, not an i)

foto_choppa
07-18-2004, 11:50 PM
personally, i think it is a great idea, it would be better if he had something like 'matts hi res hideout', i think it would be awesome, he needs more credit for his pics. :D :)

foto_choppa
07-19-2004, 12:16 AM
lfb666 should get a sticky in the multimedia forum, but dont post pictures-instead post the name of the thread with the link beside it.
eg. ferrari enzo-www.ultimatecarpage.com/this-is-an-example.html

i reckon that would be good :)

EDIT:just hyperlink the names of the cars to the link-durr :p

Karrmann
07-19-2004, 04:44 AM
I think that's a good idea.

foto_choppa
07-19-2004, 06:03 AM
I think that's a good idea.what, mine?

werty
07-19-2004, 09:32 PM
By the way, just a slight correction, it's lfb666 :). (with a lowercase L, not an i)
oops sorry, everytime i see an "L" on this site it looks like an i, sorry lfb666