PDA

View Full Version : alfa 156 question

']['WiLIGIH']['
07-19-2004, 05:02 AM
Hi here is questions
On the top of fuse-box i found something like computer socket I looked owner's manual but i couldn't find any info
What is that (the grey one) (No picture sorry)
and the switch why 6-position (park,stop,mar,avv,a602,ıtaly)
A602 and Italy whats those

help pleaseeee!!

Matra et Alpine
07-19-2004, 05:05 AM
['WiLIGIH']['"]Hi here is questions
On the top of fuse-box i found something like computer socket I looked owner's manual but i couldn't find any info
What is that (the grey one) (No picture sorry)
and the switch why 6-position (park,stop,mar,avv,a602,ıtaly)
A602 and Italy whats those

help pleaseeee!!
That's the usual location for current gen computer diagnostic sockets. Your dealer will plug in teir to check engine, fuel-injection, ignition and possible mapping.
can't help with the others - don't have a 156 :)

But, the selespeed auto is a 6-speed boc so I suspect that A602 position is the location for manual selection of the speeds 6 through 2 ? Is it really a 0 between the 6 and the 2 ? How do you manually switch gears ? Is it a sperate gate and the 6 - 2 is neside that gate.

And sorry but don't you think "italy" is just there to remind you the car is italian ? Is it really at a locatino for the gear shift ??

']['WiLIGIH']['
07-19-2004, 05:24 AM
That's the usual location for current gen computer diagnostic sockets. Your dealer will plug in teir to check engine, fuel-injection, ignition and possible mapping.
can't help with the others - don't have a 156 :)

But, the selespeed auto is a 6-speed boc so I suspect that A602 position is the location for manual selection of the speeds 6 through 2 ? Is it really a 0 between the 6 and the 2 ? How do you manually switch gears ? Is it a sperate gate and the 6 - 2 is neside that gate.

And sorry but don't you think "italy" is just there to remind you the car is italian ? Is it really at a locatino for the gear shift ??

Thanks for answer
probably you are right for socket part now i m planing to use that for getting info from my car

And sorry for my english i use "switch" for "ignition key(device)"
got six position i don't understand

thanks again

Matra et Alpine
07-19-2004, 05:32 AM
['WiLIGIH']['"]Thanks for answer
probably you are right for socket part now i m planing to use that for getting info from my car

And sorry for my english i use "switch" for "ignition key(device)"
got six position i don't understand

thanks again

can you send us a pic ? or a scan of the manual ??

Realised you might not have a digi camera or scanner, so heres a pic, edit it and show us where the text is - a big arrow is fine :)

']['WiLIGIH']['
07-19-2004, 05:43 AM
i know this is strange but owner's manual got 4 position (park,stop,MAR,AVV)
my 156 is not special 1998 1.6TS with no modify i asked an alfa owner from web he has no idea what i wrote the picture will be avalible for a week if you still interesting i post it than