PDA

View Full Version : nissan maxima (v.s) honda prelude

max
07-22-2003, 12:15 PM
:confused:

say there was a race....and in this race there was a 1997 honda prelude: 200hp v-tec, auto with tech-tron, 2.2 litre twin cam,16 valve......and there was a 1987 nissan maxima GXE: (4dr digital version) 3.0L, 150hp, V6.........(its all i know about the 2 cars....)

maxima's are pretty quick cars.....

which car would win?...and by how much?

[considering that the prelude weighs more then the maxima and both are FWD....and both are right off the factory line, nothing special done]

DATSRBOI
02-02-2004, 11:40 AM
TO HAVE TO ANSWER THAT, ID HAVE TO SAY THE PRELUDE WILL STILL WIN..ALTHOUGH THE MAXIMA IS A QUICK CAR (I KNOW FOR I OWN ONE) THE PRELUDE IS DESIGN IN A WAY TO RESPOND WAY QUICKER...AND I RACED A STOCK ON ONCE..IT STILL BEAT ME BUT NOT OVER 4 CAR LENTH AWAY..THATS ALL I HAVE TO SAY

[email protected]

DodgeNitroBIRM
02-02-2004, 11:55 AM
TO HAVE TO ANSWER THAT, ID HAVE TO SAY THE PRELUDE WILL STILL WIN..ALTHOUGH THE MAXIMA IS A QUICK CAR (I KNOW FOR I OWN ONE) THE PRELUDE IS DESIGN IN A WAY TO RESPOND WAY QUICKER...AND I RACED A STOCK ON ONCE..IT STILL BEAT ME BUT NOT OVER 4 CAR LENTH AWAY..THATS ALL I HAVE TO SAY

[email protected]

No offence dude, but, did you have to type in ALL caps?

Egg Nog
02-02-2004, 03:43 PM

[email protected]

You fail. Cope.

Seriously, after being ridiculed for seemingly as long as the internet has existed, why are there still people who type in all caps?

crisis
02-02-2004, 11:24 PM
Forget the caps and the answer. What is the point of the question? We have covered this before. Suffice to say -1.

Doza
02-09-2004, 05:42 PM
:confused:

say there was a race....and in this race there was a 1997 honda prelude: 200hp v-tec, auto with tech-tron, 2.2 litre twin cam,16 valve......and there was a 1987 nissan maxima GXE: (4dr digital version) 3.0L, 150hp, V6.........(its all i know about the 2 cars....)

maxima's are pretty quick cars.....

which car would win?...and by how much?

[considering that the prelude weighs more then the maxima and both are FWD....and both are right off the factory line, nothing special done]
Probably the Prelude, although, I am a little biased. Prelude makes 200hp and 156ftlbs.... that V-6 in the Altima probably makes similar or higher torque ratings. The gearing is important too, but off of what I know the prelude should win. Also, a '91 SI would most definitely win that race in place of the last gen.