PDA

View Full Version : lambo doors for mustang

TheOne
07-19-2004, 07:40 PM
my bro DOES NOT care if it'll look ricey, nor if it gives more weight and looses performance(please don't post if you're gonna say either of the things), but he wants to know how much is a kit+ installation for some vertical(lambo) doors, i've seen the kit, it costs $1700 with a remote to open them, but he'd like to know whats the average price for putting'em on a mustang(2000 mustang GT).

cheers

werty
07-19-2004, 09:40 PM
i've seen it done before, there called scissor doors.....not sure how much they cost though, sorry

DodgeNitroBIRM
07-19-2004, 10:57 PM
<slaps you> BAD BOY! BAD BAD BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don'r rice the 'stang!!! It's a SIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TheOne
07-20-2004, 01:55 AM
<slaps you> BAD BOY! BAD BAD BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don'r rice the 'stang!!! It's a SIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

allready postin non-sense stuff?, as i said before my bro doesn't care if it looks ricey, and it sure wont look like 1. on the other side, its got the power to backup its looks:)(beating camaro's and corvettes sure wont make it a ricer)

DodgeNitroBIRM
07-21-2004, 01:48 PM
Just being goofy. :D

I'm just not a fan of the Lambo doors. You do what you want.

TheOne
07-21-2004, 02:57 PM
i'll get some pics, i got a vid of it on the dyno but haven't put it on my comp. it makes 350hp and 377 torque, thats on the wheels.....not engine. there is a quarter mile, but its like an hour or so from here so we haven't gone to run it there. there are new mustangs with the lambo doors, my bro saw'em so he wants to put'em, don't know how much weight it adds, it shouldn't be a lot since it'll still be the same door just with added stuff to make it go up.

EDIT: well, i got the vid of the dyno but i can't make it smaller than 8mb and this site doesn't take more than 2mb, i'll find a site where i can upload it and post the url here.

Mustang
07-22-2004, 01:12 AM
dont know if this helps

http://www.carexcess.com/vdc/_Ford_1999_2004_Mustang.html

http://www.carexcess.com/vdc/index.html

there are also some vids on there of the door movement :)

EDIT / they have doors for the 1994 - 2004 mustang soyou should find one on there

Blwnbyu
08-27-2004, 08:18 AM
Pure Mustang Performance
http://www.puremustangperformance.com
They specialize in vertical doors and turbos strictly for mustangs, 94 +.
There kit is NICE, not rice, but NICE. I am planning on getting one myself. The doors open vertically, as well as horizontally, kit looks pretty durable, and you are supposed to be able to do it yourself. All bolts are in factory locations. They got some pics on their site, and mrbodykit.com has some pics of just the mechanism, and a .gif of the piece in work. Definitely check them out if he hasn't already got something, they do only mustangs, that is a big key for me. Oh, and weight, it doesn't look like much, i never asked that when i emailed them, but it may say on their site.

tunerdan
09-20-2004, 02:05 PM
www.LamboDoors.com has a economical solution for you to have lamborghini style doors on your car. I think they also call it Lambo Doors, vertical doors, VLS, etc...

seems pretty cool for $49.99Us

check it out: http://www.lambodoors.com

http://www.lambodoors.com/images/mustang2.jpg

Works for 99% of the cars and trucks...Sweet!

Renesis
09-20-2004, 02:51 PM
lamborgini, butterfly, vertical, whatever you call them they're ricey and a huge cliche.
im not so impressed

TheOne
09-20-2004, 03:10 PM
yeh, i told me brother that......but he just wants'em for looks, he allready has hp to backup the "ricey" looks, and no fart cans:).(they only make fartcans for V6's, not V8 stangs)

anywayz, this is a relly.......old thread, i though it had dissapeared whoknows where.

PerfAdv
09-26-2004, 12:21 PM
Hey, its his car and if he wants doors that open like that and if that helps him in whatever he is trying to acheive, GO FOR IT!!! I just don't see the point. They do that in Japanese cars because of the hi-tech image...it doesn't quite match the image of a 'Stang. Why not go with a flattop look, chop 3 inches off the pillars and the roof will sit lower giving the car a menacing demonic presence. I've seen it....wicked. Probably cost more than $1,700 for the conversion though.

StAnG67
05-18-2006, 06:22 PM
See i got a 1967 Ford Mustang, my friends all have lambo doors on there cars and there pushing me to put some on my ride. My car is gray with 2 black stripes. What do you guys think will the car look funny? lol need an answer fast!

Rockefella
05-18-2006, 08:45 PM
See i got a 1967 Ford Mustang, my friends all have lambo doors on there cars and there pushing me to put some on my ride. My car is gray with 2 black stripes. What do you guys think will the car look funny? lol need an answer fast!
You don't own the Mustang. Your friends don't have LSD's on their cars.

OR, assuming you're telling the truth, tell your friends that LSD's = the sucks, and putting them on a 67 Mustang is nearly as smart as putting a banana in your exhaust. Think about it.

Juggs
05-20-2006, 09:48 PM
your brother is an idiot and a disgrace. who cares how much hp he has? he prob doesnt even know how to use it if hes dumb enough to get lambo doors. and even if he does he certainly doesnt deserve the power with a car modifying attitude like that. just cuz somebody wins a race at the end of the special olympics doesnt mean their not still retarded afterwords!

fpv_gtho
05-21-2006, 02:51 AM
Speaking of special olympics, did you care to notice this was a dead thread?