PDA

View Full Version : website suggestions

Misho
07-28-2003, 09:11 AM
What I would like to get out of this thread is some good ideas for improving this website.

Let me start by suggesting the addition of a "car quiz" page. Something with car questions that a car enthusiast like most of us should know. I'd say 15 multiple choice questions with 4 choices. It should be changed weekly with each week having a good mixture of questions between european, american, asian and other cars. Some technical and racing questions too.

What would also be great is that each user should have his average quiz score indicated below his name (like the no. of posts) , this will let us know what kind of person we are talking to as well as start a highly interesting competition between the users.

If this idea does get implemented, I would gladly agree to being part of it , maybe by placing the questions !!! :D

admin
07-29-2003, 02:29 AM
Good morning,

We'll be keeping a close eye on this thread, new ideas are always welcome. However I can not promiss any of them being implemented right away. The summer seasons is the busiest time for us with the many events around Europe that need visiting.

Thanks for your input,

the administration

vwdriver
08-09-2003, 04:59 PM
A quiz is a cool idea. As far as competition goes, I don't think that it will work. People will just google the questions so as to look smarter then they actually are.

Misho
08-29-2003, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by vwdriver
A quiz is a cool idea. As far as competition goes, I don't think that it will work. People will just google the questions so as to look smarter then they actually are.

ur right regarding competition. but i think that a car quiz is a very very very interesting idea !! by the wat , does anyone know a site for car quizes ??

Egg Nog
08-31-2003, 06:57 AM
Misho, you might like this for a little bit of fun... :)

http://www.motor-cross.ca/java.htm

cerbman
09-15-2003, 09:14 AM
No sign of the Ti yet. If it's of help it has the same engine and power of the 220 Turbo which you have on here.

shakur
09-21-2003, 01:46 PM
Hey it will be cool if you can add the new 2003 Audi Le Mans quattro Concept to the audi page

Misho
09-22-2003, 08:26 PM
I think that with the number of users on this site, there MUST be more choices for avatar pics. The current collection of 10 is very limited.

In the meantime, does anyone know where can i get an avatar other than those on the site ??

Wouter Melissen
09-23-2003, 12:47 AM
Misho, what cars would you like to see avatars of?

Misho
09-23-2003, 02:42 PM
pagani , audi, alfa romeo . . oh wait, thats what u already have !!

i think u must have BMW, Ferrari, Lambo, Koenigsegg, Cadillac, Jaguar, Honda maybe some racing cars too rally, nascar, cart . . . some racing drivers, Schumacher, Montoya, Gordon, Coulthard . .

just try to get whatever u can as long as it has to do with cars !!

Rob
09-28-2003, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Misho
pagani , audi, alfa romeo . . oh wait, thats what u already have !!

i think u must have BMW, Ferrari, Lambo, Koenigsegg, Cadillac, Jaguar, Honda maybe some racing cars too rally, nascar, cart . . . some racing drivers, Schumacher, Montoya, Gordon, Coulthard . .

just try to get whatever u can as long as it has to do with cars !!

You can make you're own avatar, just seach for a 90 x 90 pixels pic, is not difficult and you can choose every car, logo, driver you want. :)

Misho
09-28-2003, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by Rob
You can make you're own avatar, just seach for a 90 x 90 pixels pic, is not difficult and you can choose every car, logo, driver you want. :)

thats exactly what i tried doing, but i couldnt come up with anything. i guess ill try it again.

thanks for your advice.

Misho
10-05-2003, 12:41 PM
i find that the rating standards on these forums to be very low.
i know no one understood what i just said, so here is what i mean.

junior member less than 100 posts

member 100-300 posts

senior member more than 300 posts

anyways, i think i qualify for a "custom status". how can i get one ?

Batmobile_Turbo
10-05-2003, 09:06 PM
i like the idea of a car quiz. the idea of posting the score would make for interesting situations but i think people should have the option of not posting their's, if they are car amatures.......not me of course:D

16-4Veyron
10-08-2003, 09:20 PM
i think thats a great idea. but were u askin some1 to make it 4 u, were u gonna make it, or does it already exist and you were just tellin us about how cool it is. By the way i think mixing American, European, and Asian cars together, if u ment what i thought u ment, than whoever is gonna make it please make different sections 4 all of em and many difficulties 4 each of them.

NoOne
10-12-2003, 06:04 AM
How about a "Back to Top" button at the bottom of the page ....would make it easier than scrolling back to the top....then again, maybe I'm just lazy :D

henk4
10-13-2003, 12:51 PM

member 100-300 posts

I had no idea that people in these forums were worried about their status, I thought it was to exchange opinions, do you actually think that the value of an opinion depends on the status in this forum???

henk4
10-13-2003, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by NoOne
How about a "Back to Top" button at the bottom of the page ....would make it easier than scrolling back to the top....then again, maybe I'm just lazy :D

This I wholeheartedly support!!!

Batmobile_Turbo
10-13-2003, 04:42 PM
how do you get a custom status?:confused:

Wouter Melissen
10-14-2003, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by Batmobile_Turbo
how do you get a custom status?:confused:

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forums/member.php?s=&action=editprofile

NoOne
10-27-2003, 06:54 AM

I posted this October 12, just wondering if any thought has been put into this suggestion, a yes , no or a "we're still looking into it" would be appreciated. :cool:

Nash
10-27-2003, 03:54 PM
I posted this October 12, just wondering if any thought has been put into this suggestion, a yes , no or a "we're still looking into it" would be appreciated. :cool: Where do you live?

NoOne
12-14-2003, 04:20 AM
I posted this Oct.12/03

I still think this would be a good idea, though I don't know anything about website design or HTML or whatever to know if it is possible with your present layout.

Egg Nog
12-14-2003, 04:06 PM
I think that if there's any way possible, maybe just on a certain day, it would be awesome if there could be some form of chat applet.

That way, all the users who were online at the time could talk directly. It would be so sweet! ;)

Do you guys know any means of implementing something like this? I've seen a few free onlinse site chat programs, but I don't know how to make them work with the HTML, etc.

Wouter Melissen
12-15-2003, 12:06 AM
I posted this Oct.12/03

I still think this would be a good idea, though I don't know anything about website design or HTML or whatever to know if it is possible with your present layout.

We will be updating the forums shortly, the new features include a back to top button.

carnut
12-15-2003, 02:24 PM
it would be cool it if there was something that let you see photos of the day from the past few days

DasModell
12-17-2003, 09:01 AM
it says a few hours :) :)
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum

fpv_gtho
12-19-2003, 03:23 AM

member 100-300 posts

whats your suggestion for someone with the number of posts that i have

Hakk
12-22-2003, 05:49 AM
it would be cool it if there was something that let you see photos of the day from the past few days
That is my suggestion too... I am not in the web every day (especially the weekends) so I loose some POTDs... It's a great idea to keep an archive with the past 5-10 POTDs in order to have access to them days after...Just a link below the POTD : "Past POTDs"
Like the supercars.net archive without paying for the old photos...
I think it is not so costly for you and your server's hard disk... Ii is just 1 MB of space...

Misho
12-22-2003, 11:09 PM
whats your suggestion for someone with the number of posts that i have

maybe a status that indicates u have the most posts on the site ?!!! ;)

Misho
12-22-2003, 11:12 PM
hey guys , great work on the new layout !! i think its really good.

but we need some explanation on what the hell is that "reputation" thing ??
what is it ? what does it do? what does it mean? why is it important? how to improve it? . . . everything about it pretty much.

i am really happy that u guys used my suggestion of adopting a more strict status system. how does it work now? i got moved down from senior member to member.
anyways, i think i qualify for a custom status !!!