PDA

View Full Version : Pointless members

Mustang
07-25-2004, 08:29 AM
Seems to me like there are alot of members who have registered onto the UCP forums who dont intend on using them. I know that if these guys dont make 1 post after a month their features such as picture viewing are disabled but what i was woundering is, can you remove people from the members list (such as the person below who hav never posted and will probably never intend to again)

I am all up fo keeping the ones that only post one or two messages in a month or two but it is the ones that never post anything that i dont see the point of :o

baddabang
07-25-2004, 09:17 AM
there are hundreds of these members here. It dosent bother me. but it would make ucp look better with less members that dont post so I see your point.

Matra et Alpine
07-25-2004, 09:31 AM
Some folks who've only joined to see one thing, got the answer and dont' want to come back ? Fine some way to prune would be useful.
BUT, not posting isn't a good measure as some may come to learn and feel the benefit and NOT feel the need to pat-on-the-back for good posts.
The risk is dropping the latter in trying to 'finger' the former.

werty
07-25-2004, 10:53 AM
well then there should be some kind of rule or guide

-if you haven't posted in 3 months( unless temporarely banned) your profile and everything gets erased
- if you have less than 10 posts in 6 months you get erased
- all "members" who already have broken this "guideline" should already be erased

it doesn't have to follow this exactly, but i do think its a good idea to stop people from coming here 1 time then never coming back, they are worthless, space taker uppers :p

Misho
07-25-2004, 10:58 AM
at least these non-posting members dont bother/insult us with their stupidity, ignorance and lack of sense as many of the newer posting members do.

Niko_Fx
07-25-2004, 11:00 AM
Some folks who've only joined to see one thing, got the answer and dont' want to come back ? Fine some way to prune would be useful.
BUT, not posting isn't a good measure as some may come to learn and feel the benefit and NOT feel the need to pat-on-the-back for good posts.
The risk is dropping the latter in trying to 'finger' the former.

I honestly don't care about those members and if they don't bother Wouter then fine by me, but I just want to point out that the picture posted is from a member who the first, only and last time he logged in was the day he registered... So he doesn't even come to check for pics and info on the site.

henk4
07-25-2004, 12:09 PM
Any club has 100% members of which only 10% are active. Nothing strange going on here, people just want to enjoy the high class messaging that has become so characteristic of these fora. Be glad that they can have that free of charge. :)

Karrmann
07-25-2004, 12:11 PM
I think that they should be deleated, If you are gonna join, you gotta post, nothing else to it.

bk4uyeah
07-25-2004, 12:40 PM
I personally dont mind, when I check the member list, I sort it by number of posts. That way I only have to look through 3 or 4 pages before I find what I'm looking for. So to me, its a non-issue ;)

ruim20
07-25-2004, 01:21 PM
i agree i guess, but it as to be done in some other way, i come and browse the forums almost every day, but i donīt post that often, so "if" someone is going to make that decision and remove "useless" members, i'm just asking to be carefull and don't exclude us "little people that just like to see and read" :) thanks

Mustang
07-25-2004, 01:25 PM
i agree i guess, but it as to be done in some other way, i come and browse the forums almost every day, but i donīt post that often, so "if" someone is going to make that decision and remove "useless" members, i'm just asking to be carefull and don't exclude us "little people that just like to see and read" :) thanks

i am not saying that we should delete people who post less often like you, i am just saying that it might be an idea to delete the people that havent posted within about 2 months of joining.

<AAA-MOD>
07-25-2004, 08:20 PM
this way, maybe we'll someday outnumber the 100,000+ members on SC.

do you think they're all active? hell no.

actually, no, i don't think we want to be that big.

cp01ae
07-25-2004, 08:40 PM
I dont see the point in deleting them, that would just make more work for Wouter and the other Mods. If they are inactive they aren't really bothering anyone, are they?

crisis
07-30-2004, 12:50 AM
What he said!

megotmea7
07-31-2004, 02:20 PM
who cares, are you guys so anal that you have to find the most insignificant things to complain about, their inactive, they dont take up space or bother anyone what would come of wasting the time and energy to sort them out and delete them, by wertys logic i would have been deleted when i went on a 3 month hiatus. now mabe some of you might have liked that but it is pointless

r1ckst4
07-31-2004, 03:42 PM
who cares, are you guys so anal that you have to find the most insignificant things to complain about, their inactive, they dont take up space or bother anyone what would come of wasting the time and energy to sort them out and delete them, by wertys logic i would have been deleted when i went on a 3 month hiatus. now mabe some of you might have liked that but it is pointless
i agree with you there... i dont think they'd take up too much space and nobody really cares really... its just adding another unecesary work for the moderators to do... quite a lot of people come around to forums and register just to know what the forums are like, and leave when they dont like them. so i dont think deleting the inactive members' account really necessary... thats what i think anyway.

Falcon500
03-01-2007, 06:37 AM

yeah by that logic i would of been banned and so would Noone whos still miapersonally i think if its say a year and if there is an advantage (bandwidth mayby?) then mayby their worth deleting if not then no its a waste of time.

Sauc3
03-01-2007, 11:39 AM
yeah by that logic i would of been banned and so would Noone whos still miapersonally i think if its say a year and if there is an advantage (bandwidth mayby?) then mayby their worth deleting if not then no its a waste of time.
You're replying to a 2 and a half year old thread mate.

The reason why every member is kept is because a very large number of members are here for pictures, hide-out or elsewhere, and they don't wish to post because they're not here for that. Removing those accounts does not seem fair to those people simply because they didn't participate on these forums. They're not in anyone's way, they're not making trouble (unlike some of the members that DO hang around!) and there's nothing wrong with them being registered here.

ripper46
03-30-2007, 05:56 AM
I stealthed on this forum 1year before I made a first post:o
because the forum made for some intresting reading:D