PDA

View Full Version : Koenigsegg CCR video

werty
07-25-2004, 11:07 AM
i just saw this on sc.net and its a pretty good video, the driver seems to stay in first the entire time, but the engine sounds great! :)

http://hem.bredband.net/b115992/KoenigseggCCR.wmv

NoOne
07-25-2004, 11:23 AM
Great video ... the engine does sound great - sounds like an "old school" musclecar, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with not sounding Italian. :) :cool:

werty
07-25-2004, 11:26 AM
Great video ... the engine does sound great - sounds like an "old school" musclecar, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with not sounding Italian. :) :cool:

i agree, it does sound more like an american car than italian, its got that deep rumble going on :cool:

Coventrysucks
07-25-2004, 12:11 PM
Would that be something to do with the Ford derived V8?

That big, deep V8 roar is fine in some cars, like the big V8 TVR's, Mercedes SL, McLaren Mercedes SLR etc; it suits the character of the car, but I think that a mid engined supercar is all the better for a howling banshee of an engine. e.g.
McLaren F1's rawcus bark (one of the best sounds ever)
Ferrari F355's high pitched scream (especially a de-catted one :cool: )
Ferrari F50/333SP V12
Porsche CGT V10

The Koenigsegg does look good though
:)

cuntukimushroom
07-25-2004, 01:22 PM
absolute bloody amazing sound and why is it the renault section that car is phwoaaarr!!!!! can you hear that turbo!!!!!!

Matra et Alpine
07-25-2004, 01:42 PM
absolute bloody amazing sound and why is it the renault section that car is phwoaaarr!!!!! can you hear that turbo!!!!!!
do you have a link for it ?

Coventrysucks
07-25-2004, 02:58 PM
can you hear that turbo?!!!!!!

No.
The Koenigsegg CCR doesn't have a turbo...

You bight be able to hear the supercharger though.

;)

Mustang
07-25-2004, 03:01 PM
do you have a link for it ?

what do you want a loink for showing it at the renault stand ?? if you look at the start of the vid the flags surrounding the car whilst parked are renault flags :confused:

great vid man that has made me want my favourite supercar even more than before which is hard to do :)

bk4uyeah
07-25-2004, 03:10 PM
sweet video, i just love the sound of that V8

Matra et Alpine
07-25-2004, 03:20 PM
what do you want a loink for showing it at the renault stand ?? if you look at the start of the vid the flags surrounding the car whilst parked are renault flags :confused:
Where I was :confused: :)
Didn't see the Renault signs, so thought he was referring to another section which WAS Renault and wondered where it was.
:no longer confused: <- hopefully you too :)

great vid man that has made me want my favourite supercar even more than before which is hard to do :)
I've a video of a man walking in front of a car with a red flag - do you want to buy the car ??
:confused: why seeing a car do 30mph and not getting ANYWHERE near rev limit is making it a 'buy' decision ?? Didn't get the car 'on song' at all.
:) Guess I've just had a spoilt life seeing cars do real stuff on tracks :)

Mustang
07-25-2004, 03:38 PM
Where I was :confused: :)
Didn't see the Renault signs, so thought he was referring to another section which WAS Renault and wondered where it was.
:no longer confused: <- hopefully you too :)

I've a video of a man walking in front of a car with a red flag - do you want to buy the car ??
:confused: why seeing a car do 30mph and not getting ANYWHERE near rev limit is making it a 'buy' decision ?? Didn't get the car 'on song' at all.
:) Guess I've just had a spoilt life seeing cars do real stuff on tracks :)

i dont mean that i want to buy that car just coz it does 30MPH i have loved that car and its pre-decessors,( CCV8S) since i first saw them. i have never seen it in a vid like that before (accept on top gear and that wasnt the CCR) though and it looks so great, they should be having it on top gear soonish i hope :)

mitch_f1
07-26-2004, 01:51 AM
one word sums that video up; WOW :eek:

now i've heard many a GT40 and Lola, and V8 drag car plus many ferrari, lambo, 7.0L V8 monaro, porsche and more in rear life, and yes i've heard them. But that sound has to top the list of best sounding cars :eek:

does anyone have an incar video of one on a track???

Mustang
07-26-2004, 02:23 AM
one word sums that video up; WOW :eek:

now i've heard many a GT40 and Lola, and V8 drag car plus many ferrari, lambo, 7.0L V8 monaro, porsche and more in rear life, and yes i've heard them. But that sound has to top the list of best sounding cars :eek:

does anyone have an incar video of one on a track???

i have a video of the CCV8S which as on TOP GEAR but it is too big to post on here so if you want it and have mot got 56k dialup then i will send it you over msn. that has some inside footage but isnt as good quality as this one.

MATT might be the best person to ask for this since he has every top gear video justa bout and his might be better quality :)

mitch_f1
07-26-2004, 04:32 AM
lol, k

yeah you'd want good quality with a car like that,

Chinky_boi
07-28-2004, 09:34 AM
Doesn't the koenigsegg CCR use a Mustang Engine? That is what i remember reading.

Matra et Alpine
07-28-2004, 09:54 AM
Doesn't the koenigsegg CCR use a Mustang Engine? That is what i remember reading.
Not according to http://www.koenigsegg.se/thecars/engineering.asp?engineering=2 where they say the blocks are made for them by TEKSID, Italy.
Good site for those who want to know all the tricks K are adding to the engine and some nice pics for us techies :)

Chinky_boi
07-28-2004, 12:24 PM
Not according to http://www.koenigsegg.se/thecars/engineering.asp?engineering=2 where they say the blocks are made for them by TEKSID, Italy.
Good site for those who want to know all the tricks K are adding to the engine and some nice pics for us techies :)
Oh i just checked now and it was the CC8s that used the mustang cobra engine.

Matra et Alpine
07-28-2004, 12:46 PM
Oh i just checked now and it was the CC8s that used the mustang cobra engine.
K's aren't my cars, but are you sure ? That link says both had the Italian-made block and heads. Is it possible the configuration was taken from the Mustang - eg Engine angle, bore and pitch ??

Chinky_boi
07-30-2004, 12:11 AM
K's aren't my cars, but are you sure ? That link says both had the Italian-made block and heads. Is it possible the configuration was taken from the Mustang - eg Engine angle, bore and pitch ??
Well I read in off the UCP main site, and it read for Engie and Mustang Cobra engine, but I don't know.

Matra et Alpine
07-30-2004, 02:34 AM
Well I read in off the UCP main site, and it read for Engie and Mustang Cobra engine, but I don't know.
Only the CC states that.
I checked with Wouter, he thinks the design is based on the For dengine but made in Italy to handle the stresses etx. So as was said, use the stroke, bore and basic layout but with better engineering and manufacturing. So is it really a Ford ?? :)

Ferrari Tifosi
07-30-2004, 02:40 AM
Nice video, thanks for posting it. :)