PDA

View Full Version : UCP summer events!

<AAA-MOD>
07-25-2004, 08:42 PM
SO, our busy summer continues. Wouter has just returned from the LeMans Classic with a TON of images, which will likely be posted later this week. I was at the first ever Canadian Concours d'Elegance last weekend, which will likely be posted today. Next weekend I'll be at Concorso Italia and the Meadowbrook Concours d'Elegance in Michigan, then of course the super-weekend in Monterey mid-august.

If our time actually allowed it, we could be presenting special events every week of the year. Finances also limit those plans as well.

It's great to see all the members enjoying the forums and our features. Keep spreading the word to all your friends. We'll hopefully help you out with that in a couple months when we start offering some Ultimatecarpage clothing. Wouter and I are now wearing UCP shirts at our events, so if you see us, tap us on the shoulder and introduce yourself (after we've gotten our shot though).

I'm not sure where all that blabbering came from. just felt like yappin i guess.

werty
07-25-2004, 09:29 PM
that would be awesome meeting some of you guys, maybe some day we can try and all meet at some car show

henk4
07-25-2004, 09:55 PM
SO, our busy summer continues. Wouter has just returned from the LeMans Classic with a TON of images, which will likely be posted later this week. I was at the first ever Canadian Concours d'Elegance last weekend, which will likely be posted today. Next weekend I'll be at Concorso Italia and the Meadowbrook Concours d'Elegance in Michigan, then of course the super-weekend in Monterey mid-august.

If our time actually allowed it, we could be presenting special events every week of the year. Finances also limit those plans as well.

It's great to see all the members enjoying the forums and our features. Keep spreading the word to all your friends. We'll hopefully help you out with that in a couple months when we start offering some Ultimatecarpage clothing. Wouter and I are now wearing UCP shirts at our events, so if you see us, tap us on the shoulder and introduce yourself (after we've gotten our shot though).

I'm not sure where all that blabbering came from. just felt like yappin i guess.

The European programme will also include the Oldtimer GP on the Nuerburgring in Germany in the second weekend of August. :)

DasModell
07-26-2004, 05:23 AM
LeMans Classic . yuuppiiieeee :D

cuntukimushroom
07-26-2004, 05:48 AM
LeMans!!!!!!!! i want to see them cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!

Matra et Alpine
07-26-2004, 06:41 AM
There are some pictures of the event at www.lemansclassic.com

BUT, UCP is going to be much, MUCH better :)

Wouter Melissen
07-26-2004, 06:56 AM
LeMans Classic sure was a blast, very exhausting, but looking at the 3400 shots on my pc, it was well worth it. We should have a report up later this week, I'm not sure how large, but it's fair to say the slideshow will be the largest ever seen on Ultimatecarpage.com.

Mustang
07-26-2004, 10:09 AM
LeMans Classic sure was a blast, very exhausting, but looking at the 3400 shots on my pc, it was well worth it. We should have a report up later this week, I'm not sure how large, but it's fair to say the slideshow will be the largest ever seen on Ultimatecarpage.com.

3400 :eek: :eek: are you going to be putting all of those pics up, i think not but oh my god if you did that would take some beating. i thaught i had alot of pics with 300 from the motorshow but that takes the .. biscuit

henk4
07-26-2004, 10:59 AM
3400 :eek: :eek: are you going to be putting all of those pics up, i think not but oh my god if you did that would take some beating. i thaught i had alot of pics with 300 from the motorshow but that takes the .. biscuit

I hope you also realise that the first thing you have to do is rename all of them :)

Mustang
07-26-2004, 11:09 AM
I hope you also realise that the first thing you have to do is rename all of them :)

JESUS :eek: :eek: i hadnt thaught of that, Wouter you have my respect if you do them all or even quite a few of them.

Matra et Alpine
07-26-2004, 01:53 PM
JESUS :eek: :eek: i hadnt thaught of that, Wouter you have my respect if you do them all or even quite a few of them.
Yeah I couldn't be bothered with that for the Carrera Caledonia shots and that's less than a couple of hundred !!!!

Mustang
07-26-2004, 01:57 PM
Yeah I couldn't be bothered with that for the Carrera Caledonia shots and that's less than a couple of hundred !!!!

does that mean that wouter sends the pics out to the mods do that they can rename a few or were they pics that you took yourself ?

Matra et Alpine
07-26-2004, 02:03 PM
does that mean that wouter sends the pics out to the mods do that they can rename a few or were they pics that you took yourself ?
All the shots I post are mine.
Wouter looks after his own - thank God !!!!

<AAA-MOD>
07-26-2004, 09:09 PM
Wouter was at the LeMans Classic for three days and collected 3400 shots. Even if I get close to that ratio, I could potentially have 5000-6000 shots after 6 days in Monterey. Not looking forward to renaming all of those.

werty
07-27-2004, 07:13 PM
i have 1400+ pics in the enzo thread..and i'd say 95% of them have been renamed and resized...and let me tell you...it takes aloooooooooooooong time, i can't imagine doing 3400 straight :eek:

lithuanianmafia
07-27-2004, 08:30 PM
Just wondering, when you go to auto shows, do you go on press days or on the days when the show is open to the public? One thing that I could maybe do is take photos for the Canadian International Auto Show in Toronto, which is usually in February. I want to make a strong contribution to this site, and maybe this could be it? Maybe one of the mods could let me know about this?

Spastik_Roach
07-27-2004, 09:26 PM
I think there are programs out there that can rename stuff for you, i'm not sure..

Wouter Melissen
07-28-2004, 01:01 AM
Spastik Roach:
Those programs can only rename batches of pictures, not specific images.

L-mafia:
Rob usually goes to the CIAS for us. We always visit on press day, the public days are way too crowded to get any good shots.

Wouter Melissen
07-28-2004, 06:13 AM
Just a small update: halted the renaming and went on to write the report, busy now on the first of two 100 shot slideshows.

<AAA-MOD>
07-28-2004, 06:45 AM
Just wondering, when you go to auto shows, do you go on press days or on the days when the show is open to the public? One thing that I could maybe do is take photos for the Canadian International Auto Show in Toronto, which is usually in February. I want to make a strong contribution to this site, and maybe this could be it? Maybe one of the mods could let me know about this?

I can see why you would offer to shoot at CIAS, since we didn't do a feature on it this year. I went to the second of the two press days and found that there wasn't anything new that I hadn't already shot a month earlier in Detroit. So I still shot quite a few pics but we just saved them for individual car updates like the Phantom Corsair (http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/frame.mv?file=car.mv&num=1905).

lithuanianmafia
07-28-2004, 10:20 AM
I can see why you would offer to shoot at CIAS, since we didn't do a feature on it this year. I went to the second of the two press days and found that there wasn't anything new that I hadn't already shot a month earlier in Detroit. So I still shot quite a few pics but we just saved them for individual car updates like the Phantom Corsair (http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/frame.mv?file=car.mv&num=1905).

ok, thanks guys! if there is, however, anything I can do, let me know

Wouter Melissen
07-28-2004, 01:21 PM
The result of seven days of work:
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/frame.mv?file=Features/lemansclassic2004.html

Matra et Alpine
07-28-2004, 01:43 PM
The result of seven days of work:
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/frame.mv?file=Features/lemansclassic2004.html
work ?

WORK ??

WORK ???

If only I could earn a living doing that instead of all this tough sh!t :(

Mustang
07-28-2004, 01:44 PM
Yet again amazing work, cant believe that you got to see the enzo there :eek: and you couldnt resist taking some pics of that mini for sale :p

i dont know how to say thatnks so have a +1 :o

Mustang
07-28-2004, 01:45 PM
work ?

WORK ??

WORK ???

If only I could earn a living doing that instead of all this tough sh!t :(

just out of interest how does wouter make money from this site coz we dont pay anything, is it for having sponsors logos somewhere or something ? :rolleyes:

Matra et Alpine
07-28-2004, 01:56 PM
just out of interest how does wouter make money from this site coz we dont pay anything, is it for having sponsors logos somewhere or something ? :rolleyes:
The forums are a kind of freebie :)
We get them with very few intermediate advertiser pages - you know the one that's susually for screensavers :)
Clicking on the red highlughted words will help a little as he'll get a (tiny) fraction of a cent for each one.
The MAIN UCP page has standard banner ads.

Mustang
07-28-2004, 02:25 PM
The forums are a kind of freebie :)
We get them with very few intermediate advertiser pages - you know the one that's susually for screensavers :)
Clicking on the red highlughted words will help a little as he'll get a (tiny) fraction of a cent for each one.
The MAIN UCP page has standard banner ads.

ah i see

Wouter Melissen
08-02-2004, 03:04 AM
Rob spent the last couple of days at the Meadowbrook Hall Concours d'Elegance, where he met up with forum members Matt and Nopassn. I for one am various anxious to see his work!! They had a special class for Bizzarinis and a whole concours dedicated to Italian cars. Expect to see a new report and slideshow up later this week. Better yet, keep an eye on the main page, because new updates might be added at a higher frequency than you are used to (with three in the last seven days).

Wouter Melissen
08-02-2004, 01:02 PM
Meadowbrook teaser:

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/frame.mv?file=car.mv&num=2044

<AAA-MOD>
08-04-2004, 03:56 PM
So I finally finished the Meadow Brook report, and now all is complete for your viewing pleasure: http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/frame.mv?file=Features/mbh2004.html

<AAA-MOD>
08-04-2004, 03:58 PM
now i can officialy shift my focus on Pebble Beach. damn, i'm leaving in less than a week. this summer is flyin' away.

henk4
08-05-2004, 12:23 AM
now i can officialy shift my focus on Pebble Beach. damn, i'm leaving in less than a week. this summer is flyin' away.

Nice piece of work again, rare cars, some very beuatiful, others (like the Farago Pontiac) less. You must have gotten up very early to get Lambo's pictured with thaw like that!. Looking forward to Pebble Beach (and all the other stuff)

nopassn
08-05-2004, 04:57 AM
Yeah, the Concorso d'Italia and the Meadowbrook Concourse shows were awesome. We met up with Rob around 7 am (after driving all night from KC) on Saturday morning and on Sunday we got there a little before 7am. It was hella cool.

On a Pebble Beach note. We finally figured out our route last nught. We will be leaving here on Saturday, staying a night in Cheyenne, WY and then another night in Reno, NV before heading on in to San Jose (that's where we're staying)

<AAA-MOD>
08-11-2004, 01:07 AM
well, it's 3:48am local time and I'm just about to leave for the airport. Should be in Cali in about 8hrs (not all flight time).

LET THE FUN BEGIN !

Matt
08-11-2004, 08:50 AM
well, it's 3:48am local time and I'm just about to leave for the airport. Should be in Cali in about 8hrs (not all flight time).

LET THE FUN BEGIN !

We beat you there, you slow Canadian. :)

henk4
08-11-2004, 09:23 AM

three hours of border checks is not uncommon to get into the States these days.

Wouter Melissen
08-11-2004, 09:27 AM

You had a three week headstart!

Matt
08-11-2004, 09:52 AM

Not if you're American. :)

Matt
08-11-2004, 09:53 AM
You had a three week headstart!

Three week!?! We left on Saturday. And we drove!@#$ 2200 miles so far!

henk4
08-11-2004, 10:12 AM
Not if you're American. :)

but the danger people come from the north :)

Ferrari Tifosi
08-11-2004, 10:41 AM
Great slideshows and reports guys, thanks for making UCP the great site it is.

lithuanianmafia
08-11-2004, 12:11 PM
but the danger people come from the north :)

if u mean the terrorists, that is just a load of crap. all but one 9/11 terrorist entered directly from wherever in the Middle East to the US. And the Americans blame us for letting the terrorists in. it's their border control letting them into the country, not ours

lithuanianmafia
08-11-2004, 12:12 PM

yeah, when I was bringin that stuff down to Columbus a few days ago, we were close to 4 hours at the border at Detroit/Windsor. and those damn border control border r super ignorant too

henk4
08-11-2004, 12:14 PM
if u mean the terrorists, that is just a load of crap. all but one 9/11 terrorist entered directly from wherever in the Middle East to the US. And the Americans blame us for letting the terrorists in. it's their border control letting them into the country, not ours

I meant the Canadians :)

Ferrari Tifosi
08-11-2004, 03:06 PM
yeah, when I was bringin that stuff down to Columbus a few days ago, we were close to 4 hours at the border at Detroit/Windsor. and those damn border control border r super ignorant too

I remember the days when it took a couple minutes to through border control and be across the Ambassador Bridge/Tunnel.

lithuanianmafia
08-11-2004, 09:25 PM
I remember the days when it took a couple minutes to through border control and be across the Ambassador Bridge/Tunnel.

well, we took longer than if we were just driving through because we were carrying a whole bunch of goods down so we had to clear it through the brokers and the border control.

but even if u were driving thru, it'll take a while, but mainly cus ur in line for so damn long

Wouter Melissen
08-20-2004, 08:56 AM
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/frame.mv?file=Features/pb2004.html

Rob's Pebble Beach Coverage!

henk4
08-20-2004, 09:30 AM
150 pics seems hardly enough to cover all the beauties that where there. Is there a limit (apart from the amount of work involved) to the size of these shows?

UK CARS
08-20-2004, 09:43 AM
6000? i thought

henk4
08-20-2004, 10:17 AM
6000? i thought

That's the figure for all events. This is PB only

Matt
08-25-2004, 03:03 PM
6000? i thought

That's about how many nopassn and I took, too. :) It's amazing how they add up so quickly.

Wouter Melissen
09-10-2004, 03:04 AM
Well the season is coming to a close; we have two more events remaining. We'll be leaving for the Spa Francorchamps track in an hour. The event is the LMES (www.lmes.net) race, where modern and historic prototype racers will take to the track.

The last event of the summer season is the Mondial de l'Automobile, or Paris Motorshow, which will welcome the press on Thursday and Friday in two weeks time. That promises to be a perfect finale of this awesome year!

kko
09-13-2004, 06:30 PM
Wow sounds like hard (fun) work