PDA

View Full Version : Mazda RX-8

Sweeney921
07-28-2004, 05:51 PM
I've noticed that every single day, the Mazda RX-8 has taken the title for "most popular car." it's had this title for well over 6 months, EVERY DAY. possible reasons?

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/frame.mv?file=hitlist.mv

F1_Master
07-28-2004, 05:56 PM
Good car? I've seen alot of reviews, and quite a few people are very happy about it. Perhaps, Rotary Year?

Sweeney921
07-28-2004, 06:22 PM
i dono, but the car's had such popularity even before it came out

Renesis
07-28-2004, 08:44 PM
maybe its because rotary has an actractive lure to it
maybe its because mazda advertises it a lot
maybe its because it (the car) seems like it is a revolution in its own, of what we define as a sportscar?

Quiggs
07-28-2004, 09:32 PM
Maybe it's because it's a nice looking, semi-affordable sporty car that can still, if need be, carry 4 people.

My uncle just leased a blue one. It's decently equipped. The only things he wanted that he didn't get were the aero parts. He drives it daily from his house in PA to Newark, New Jersey (~90 minutes depending on traffic) and he has no complaints. Apparently there's a small problem with the oil pump, or something in that system. But Mazda is addressing it, and his will be fixed under warranty (something a lot of companies seem to be trying to wriggle out of lately, cough VW).

What I liked about it the few times I've been in it... The exhaust note. Stock, it's incredible. I'd love to hear it opened up with some larger diameter piping and a bigger intake. Roar. Sitting in the driver seat (he hasn't let me drive it... yet.), everything you need is right there. The tach is dead center, with the redline just past 12o'clock. The shifter is, for me at least, just the right height. The leather seats are more comfortable than most of the cars in my family. I think the only nicer one is probably my grandmother's Buick.

He's having a party this weekend; might be time to suck up a little and get a little rotary action. :D

F1_Master
07-29-2004, 01:42 AM
I've seen a few with what I think is a sport package. (B/c they have spoilers)

Tuscan666
07-29-2004, 03:04 AM
I like the look of the R-X8, looks good on the road! I heard when those engines fail tho they cost loads to repair

henk4
07-29-2004, 03:39 AM
I've noticed that every single day, the Mazda RX-8 has taken the title for "most popular car." it's had this title for well over 6 months, EVERY DAY. possible reasons?

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/frame.mv?file=hitlist.mv

This type of listing went out of commission months ago, it does not really reflect what is going.

Wouter Melissen
07-29-2004, 05:27 AM
That list is no longer working. At this time we are slowly switching our software and backbone and have decide to not invest anymore time in the old software. Due to the slightly changed nature of the way the car pages and large images are presented right now and in the future, I highly doubt we will get a working list up and running in the foreseeable future.

Thanks for your time
Wouter Melissen

cuntukimushroom
07-29-2004, 05:30 AM
i heard there was a concept version of it before the 2004 one

Delmaster
07-29-2004, 07:23 AM
i heard there was a concept version of it before the 2004 one

yes, that's right

first was 1995 Tokyo Motor Show- Mazda RX01 Concept

second was 1999, also Tokyo Motor Show- Mazda RX-Evolv

third was 2001 North American International Motor Show- RX8

fourth was also 2001 Tokyo- finally design of the RX-8

pics of RX01 and RX-Evolv

Delmaster
07-29-2004, 07:26 AM
2001 RX-8 concept - North American International Motor Show (red)

2001 RX-8 - Tokyo Motor Show (yellow)