PDA

View Full Version : F1: with 4 races to go...

Homem de Gelo
08-04-2003, 11:57 AM
... I beleive Montoya can be the champion if he finishes on the podium ahead of Schumacher at Hungaroring, wins Monza and Indy with Ralf Schumacher 2nd in both races. If he acheives these results, he'll arrive at Suzuka at least 3 points ahead of Schumacher and then all he will need is to finish Suzuka imediately behind Schumacher. It doesn't seem so difficult for this to happen, considering how this championship is unfolding.

Kimi Raikkonen has a task which is much more difficult. To arrive at Suzuka in a good position, he would need to win 2 of the next three races and finish the other one in 3rd. At the same time, he would have to hope that Schumacher and or Montoya do not a win a race and suffer at least one DNF each. It would also be tremendously helpful if Couthard always finished right behind him. Then, at Suzuka he would be able to become the champion wihtout necessarily winning the race.

Schumacher's situation is the most comfortable one. He doesn't need to win any race to become the champion. All he needs is to finish the remaining races on the podium and have Ralf and Barrichello steal points from Montoya and Raikkonen.

Of course, there are endless possibilities and so many possible combinations of results that can help each driver, and maybe even Ralf Schumacher can win the title, but I beleive that only Schumacher, Montoya and Raikkonen have concrete chances.

What do you think, will Schumacher do some damage controle and win again? Will Montoya maintain his form and rush to the title? Or Will Kimi raise from the ashes and suprise everyone?

Wouter Melissen
08-04-2003, 12:05 PM
Schumacher has a superb record at Monza and Indy, I still think he has the upper hand. Bridgestone should have a better tire at their home Grand Prix.

Nogger
08-04-2003, 05:51 PM
I want to see whether or not Willams & McLaren will use team orders. This is, infact, a quite different situation to what Ferrari has done these last two years.

motorhead
08-07-2003, 08:19 AM
now in formula one you don't really know what is going to happen - last time in the 2002 season you roughly knew who would win before the race even started now there are three of the best drivers in formula 1 crashing into each other even before the first bend - renault also has been on a roll - you never know - alonso got second in his home ground(catalunia) maybe he could pull of something at the remaining races but the renault is lackinjg in the horsepower part but then fabrio briitori said he would go back to their normal engine instead of the wide angle v10 they are currently using so that his car could attain more horsepower but at the corners the french are killers

piledriver
08-07-2003, 09:05 AM
this formula 1 season is great! the best I´ve ever seen (I´m not a old guy :D ) and I hope next year it get better than this year´s...
cos we have toyota increasing its efforts every race, renault too, jaguar trying to be competitive...
Let´s see these four races left, and do our bets to next season...

MP4/4Fan
08-16-2003, 11:00 AM
Being a McLaren fan i would like to see Kimi Raikkonen win, but i believe Montoya and M. Schumacher have the best chances. But with the way things have been going this year, who knows!

If McLaren would take a chance and release the MP4/18 Kimi Raikkonen's chances to win the Championship will increase. If they don't release it this year, then i believe next year McLaren has a great shot at taking the Manufacturing and Driver Championship!

DasModell
08-21-2003, 04:07 AM
nope .. th MP4-18 it's a dog ...
also .. Schumacher is my favorite ... :)