PDA

View Full Version : For My Panel Van

PETE
07-31-2004, 04:08 PM
If anyone could help me out it would be great. i have a 1974 HQ panel van and i just blew the exhaust :mad: . it's the same one that was bought with the car in 1974. i would be a very happy person if i could get my hands on the same part. does anyone know where i could find one in sydney :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

baddabang
07-31-2004, 04:11 PM
did you try your local exhasut place? (dont know what there are down there)
or search the net for one to have it sent to you? thats were Id start

PETE
07-31-2004, 04:22 PM
i checked with auto1 and repco, midas and lukey and they said that the part that i have is not oem. i know that it is because my oldman bought the van new from the manu with the exhaust as an optional extra. the only other thing that i can think of is a custom exhaust, but it will defeat the purpose of restoring the car to orig specs. any help or advise will be great

baddabang
07-31-2004, 04:34 PM
what about a reproduction exhaust. what country was that made in?

SilverArrowZ
07-31-2004, 11:09 PM
if i were you i'll bring the blown up exhaust to a workshop and ask them to reproduce one that looks exacly the same. Alot of people at where i live use custom made exhaust system than the OEM or aftermarket ones

Spastik_Roach
08-01-2004, 01:52 AM
We're talking about a HQ here? Australia is bursting with em mate! Just go down to your local scrapyard and get one! Should be as easy as pie!

fpv_gtho
08-01-2004, 03:17 AM
spastik's right, the HQwas holden's 2nd highest selling model, so you shouldnt have to much trouble finding the parts. i mean, one time coming back from moss vale, my mums XA overheated cause a rock put a hole in the radiator. a quick trip to a wrecker in mittagong, and the car had a new radiator from an XC. the HQ sold for 4 years and plenty of people hoon around in them so plenty of people should have parts

SlickHolden
08-01-2004, 09:06 AM
If you can find a HQ racer he might have one sitting around them dudes would need parts all the time miss them :(

crisis
08-01-2004, 11:20 PM
We're talking about a HQ here? Australia is bursting with em mate! Just go down to your local scrapyard and get one! Should be as easy as pie!
I dont see much point in a second hand half clapped out exhaust. The originals were around 3/4" and I would not think that many HQ around now would still have their original pipes. (Its 30 years old). He will probably have to get one made up if anyone still makes 3/4" exhaust pipe.