PDA

View Full Version : F40 or just a replica?

Hell_Unleashed
08-01-2004, 04:28 AM
I have often 'bragged' about living close to an F40... recently a friend of mine and I took a few pics of it and a few days ago he pointed out that this may not be a real F40 but just a replica. At a glance... or even if you stare at it for a while... it doesn't click to you that this is somewhat different from the original F40. We had to compare an original F40 with the pics we took. Can anyone comment on it please... is this a real F40 or not... what are your thoughts?

Matra et Alpine
08-01-2004, 05:24 AM
I have often 'bragged' about living close to an F40... recently a friend of mine and I took a few pics of it and a few days ago he pointed out that this may not be a real F40 but just a replica. At a glance... or even if you stare at it for a while... it doesn't click to you that this is somewhat different from the original F40. We had to compare an original F40 with the pics we took. Can anyone comment on it please... is this a real F40 or not... what are your thoughts?

It's a kit. The bad panel fit is the real give-away. The F40's not great but it's not THATbad :)

Reckon it's Fiero under there looking at the windsheild and cockpit shape - rear opening is ALL wrong, 3/4 panel too small and missing the joint :)

Reckon it's one of these ( but built :) )
http://www.lamborghinireplica.com/ForSale/javierF50.JPG

Hell_Unleashed
08-01-2004, 05:29 AM
So... its an F40 kit on a different car? or its a kit on an F40?... I didnt really catch you there... :confused:

Matra et Alpine
08-01-2004, 05:39 AM
So... its an F40 kit on a different car? or its a kit on an F40?... I didnt really catch you there... :confused:
It a Pontiac Fiero with lots of plastic stuck on to make it look like a Ferrir - badly :)

kitkat
08-01-2004, 06:42 AM
that is a bad looking kit car. a real f40 would have real center lock wheels.

Hell_Unleashed
08-01-2004, 06:53 AM
Thanx for the info guys... We don't get the Potiac Fiero here in Qatar... but you never know. Umm... plus, this car has a Cadillac engine. From what I had heard, the dude had f***** his original engine so replaced it with a powerful Cadillac engine. I guess its all a load of bull...

werty
08-01-2004, 10:42 AM
thats one of the worst f40 kits i have ever seen.....go to www.kitcars.com they have alot of ugly kits like that too

Ciscoheat
08-01-2004, 04:15 PM
It reminds me of the F355 kit for the Toyota Mr2. That is very poor aswell.

@wall
08-01-2004, 06:04 PM
kinda lame but the initial give-away for me was the f-ed up side mirrors :D

Gnafu the Great
08-01-2004, 06:19 PM
Thanx for the info guys... We don't get the Potiac Fiero here in Qatar... but you never know. Umm... plus, this car has a Cadillac engine. From what I had heard, the dude had f***** his original engine so replaced it with a powerful Cadillac engine. I guess its all a load of bull...

Actually, Fieros are famous for having an engine bay plenty big enough for a Small Block Chevy or a Caddy V-8 ;). They're also a great base for kit cars because their bodies are plastic. I've seen some dead-on Lambo kits, I guess it depends on who makes the kit and who's applying it.

EDIT: One of the better V-8 conversion kits: http://www.v8archie.com/.