PDA

View Full Version : BMW 7 series problems... Video Inside.

max911
08-05-2004, 09:27 PM
i was totally surprised to see this, how can a expensive car like the 7 series give this much problems...

http://voodoo.theddrzone.com/images/movies/ACA_BMW7Series_probs.wmv

cuntukimushroom
08-06-2004, 01:31 AM
thank my dad he has the old one he wouldnt spend 100 grand on that he barely got 13 grand for the one hes got

Lagonda
08-06-2004, 01:45 AM
This doesn't surprise me, at all. I used to be a huge BMW fan, we had a 7 and a 3 at home. But now after the introduction of the new 7 they've done it for me. I don't care a lot for them anymore. (and our BMW's are gone thank god).

PS: what the hell is an O2 7-series ?

Benz_Boy_1
08-06-2004, 01:46 AM
thats why u should get an S-Class :rolleyes:

Lagonda
08-06-2004, 01:50 AM
thats why u should get an S-Class :rolleyes:

That's what we got :) (and en E-class)

Benz_Boy_1
08-06-2004, 01:52 AM
PS: what the hell is an O2 7-series ?

its the new model

Lagonda
08-06-2004, 01:53 AM
its the new model

For what does the O2 stand for ? Never heard that term in Europe.

Benz_Boy_1
08-06-2004, 01:54 AM
That's what we got :) (and en E-class)
:) we got an ML320 tho :) uncles got i think oen of the last RHD g-wagens in the world :D S-Class engine, but they took off the sound restrictor :D Sounds awesome G500!! we used to have the old e-class... when my sis passed her test, she got a mini :mad: :mad: :mad: to share with my bro, last week the clutch fried :rolleyes: i told them to get the smart

Benz_Boy_1
08-06-2004, 01:55 AM
For what does the O2 stand for ? Never heard that term in Europe.
it means the year '02 (2002)

drakkie
08-06-2004, 03:00 AM
on a day i went to school, a couple was making a test drive in a 7 series.i saw them departing at the dealarship, and halfway towards school i saw the car parked between some trees,the hood opened and obvousily broken down :rolleyes:

SPN:DOC
08-06-2004, 07:58 AM
ho no that terrible... :eek: how can this happen.. :mad: lets hope BMW fixes the problems soon as possible…. :(

laxplayer98
08-06-2004, 08:36 AM
ho no that terrible... :eek: how can this happen.. :mad: lets hope BMW fixes the problems soon as possible…. :(
I think BMW has fixed the problem on the 04 an 05 models of the 7 series

d-quik
08-06-2004, 09:02 AM
i was totally surprised to see thisYou shouldn't have. Most cars that are filled with complex gadgets (and more expensive cars overall) have a higher chance of malfunctioning. But it ussually does not get as serious as this. There definately should be a recall.

Another thing should be noted is that all the German vehicles sold in the United States has poor reliability ratings (exceptions include Passat, Boxster, TT, and some others I can not think on the top of my head now). This is straight out of the Consumer Reports magazine, and that magazine gets the information straight out of car owners. Consumer Reports is the least biased source of information you can get, since they never work together with the companies of the cars they test and test drive. Their unbiasedness isso strictly enforced, that they do not even allow automobile manufactures to mention their name in commercials.

This shouldn't be a surprise at all.:)

Matra et Alpine
08-06-2004, 09:42 AM
Yep making them too complex.

So no simple wires anymore with plain voltage or off.
All oru cars have been converting to digital busses.
Not only BMW have had problems with this technology.
( Though that guy had a LOT more and looking at the list I'd question the service capability too :) )

Anyway, Peugeot's wer being taken off the road for WEEKS awaitign codes from the manufacturer to unlock their "safety" features in the digital controls.

Mercedes-Benz have recently announed that the y are removing nearly 600 electornic "features" from their cars to address the UNreliability they've seen in their cars over the last couple of years. So to return it to better they're taking all the bells and whisltes out and returning to good solid engineering.

With the advances in ECU and component communication, your car is getting like your PC.
Think about it, how often do you have to reboot and rebuild it.
Que sera !!!!

Lagonda
08-06-2004, 10:32 AM
Yep making them too complex.

Mercedes-Benz have recently announed that the y are removing nearly 600 electornic "features" from their cars to address the UNreliability they've seen in their cars over the last couple of years. So to return it to better they're taking all the bells and whisltes out and returning to good solid engineering.

Yep our E220 CDI has just been recalled to take away (or modify) the SBC system. They are also removing things like the 3-memory positions on the electric seats. Which is nothing more than logical to me. Why on earth do you need 3 memory settings ? 1 Will suffice, for the usual driver.

Lagonda
08-06-2004, 10:36 AM
:) we got an ML320 tho :) uncles got i think oen of the last RHD g-wagens in the world :D S-Class engine, but they took off the sound restrictor :D Sounds awesome G500!! we used to have the old e-class... when my sis passed her test, she got a mini :mad: :mad: :mad: to share with my bro, last week the clutch fried :rolleyes: i told them to get the smart

We have an S320 CDI and E220 CDI. I must say that the Mercedes' these days aren't what they used to be, we have had 10s of Mercedes' and I must say the current ones aren't as good. I did prefer the manual gearbox of the BMW 320d to the manual in the E220 CDI.